• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ033: Roaring Black Rayquaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you figure that? It has been a Fuecoco for over 31 episodes at this point.
Fuecoco still doesn't have much experience (he has only one victory).
I think his evolution will happen much later, when Roy finally takes training seriously (after he realizes the true power of Rayquaza).

Ps. most starters only evolved after 50 (or more) episodes

Fuecoco still doesn't have much experience (he has only one victory).
I think his evolution will happen much later, when Roy finally takes training seriously (after he realizes the true power of Rayquaza).

Ps. most starters only evolved after 50 (or more) episodes

Fuecoco not having a lot of experience is a non-argument at this point, considering it has had more experience than Goh's Sobble had before it evolved into Drizzle.

Same goes for Serena's Fennekin, who had barely any battle experience and still evolved anyways.

Fuecoco not having a lot of experience is a non-argument at this point, considering it has had more experience than Goh's Sobble had before it evolved into Drizzle.

Same goes for Serena's Fennekin, who had barely any battle experience and still evolved anyways.
However, this does not change the fact that Rayquaza will "wipe him out", as she did with Ceruledge, before the crocodile can do anything (so evolution is even less an option).

Pokemon holding out beyond what they should be able to only to suddenly evolve is not anything new. I don't think it is likely that Fuecoco evolves here, but I don't think it is impossible. I don't think they would be able to actually beat Rayquaza or anything, but it would be like them saying "we'll be there before you know it".

There is also the possibility that this series is a bit shorter than usual due to it starting later, so I wouldn't fully rely on past precedent (especially when there are outliers such as Scorbunny who evolved in episode 17 of Journeys. Sobble also evolved 35 episodes after its debut). Ultimately, it is the writers who decide where and when a Pokemon will evolve.

Last edited:
But Roy wants to battle this absolute monster though.....riiight. With what? His Fuecoco (who didn't even stand a chance against Ceruledge, the very Pokemon Rayquaza just curbstomped) and Wattrel? Yeah.....keep dreaming, kid. The fight between Roy and Rayquaza would last all of about......a nanosecond. I really hope Roy realizes this. He's got a looooong way to go before he even stands a minute chance of challenging a Rayquaza.
At the current pace of this saga I find it hard to believe that Roy will be able to stand against any legendary pokemon. He is not even close to Amethio in terms of power.

Crocalor can still serve as comic-relief, so I feel like the earlier Fuecoco evolves, the better it is for Roy's goal of battling Rayquaza. Though there aren't any hints and not even merch leaks to point to that happening soon. Fuecoco's battling needs some diversity, Sprigs is doing fine coz it's speedy and can use Leafage in different power, but Fuecoco is just Ember after Ember (despite learning Flamethrower) and Stomping Tantrum isn't going to do anything against Rayquaza.

This reminds me, its minor but I wonder if the little title card thing will update with evolutions or if itll still be the base form staters even if all three fully evolve or something.

Mmmm...hot Legendary on Legendary action...
(By Gar, it's been a while!)

And I get the feeling this will be the turning point for Amethio AND Roy... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom