• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ035: A Duo in the Wilderness: Friede and Cap

VA list courtesy of Adamant

Minori Suzuki: Liko
Megumi Hayashibara: Nyahoja
Yuka Terasaki: Roy
Daiki Yamashita: Hogator
Taku Yashiro: Friede
Ayane Sakura: Orio
Kenta Miyake: Murdock
Kei Shindo: Molly
Ikkyu Juku: Randou
Yoshino Aoyama: Dot
Daisuke Namikawa: Kuwassu
Kenji Nojima: Shane
Mariya Ise: Lady
Tsuguo Mogami: Hunter boss
Tatsuki Kobe: Underling
Shohei Kajikawa: Underling
Masaki Nakanishi: Underling
Yuna Ogata: Anne
Ikue Ohtani: Captain Pikachu
Kotaro Koizumi: Homeroom teacher

An alright episode after two week break. In order to search for Fredie old pal owned Bramblin blowing away before being caught by Pokemon hunter. How good of Fredie and Cap using an argument as a distraction to sneak on top of the cliff to freed all the pokemon being capture.

At same time for Liko to write a report to the lesson of the whole event. How allergy cap sneeze bring call cute. Odd.

Overall rating: B -

This was a really fun way for the series to begin Horizons's 2024 run of adventures.

Captain Pikachu and Friede were really fun in this with how they bounced off of one another and it turns out that Cap doesn't like being called cute either.

I can already imagine Ash's Pikachu happily admiring some of it's fans and meanwhile Cap'd be sneezing out of the area like crazy.

Last edited:
Pikachu is allergic to being cute which is so...cute of him.

Fun episode and I liked the choice in Pokemon used for the villains.

Yknow I really cant figure out the logic of when Hattena gets thrown into Likos Hood or not. It randomly flops between episodes, is it just whenever the animators remember or something?
Writers remembering that liko and Roy have other mons is rare ASF. Roy could of pulled out wattrel, hattena could of been useful instead of sitting in liko hood ffs

Writers remembering that liko and Roy have other mons is rare ASF. Roy could of pulled out wattrel, hattena could of been useful instead of sitting in liko hood ffs
Well remember, they have to have those marketable starters out front and center at all times. :rolleyes: (Did you get my sarcasm there?)

I mean, in most (Not all) occasions it makes sense I would argue. Mostly Roy with Wattrel, why grab a pokeball and send out Wattrel when Fuecoco is already out and can do the battle just fine.

Guess that Mudsdale didn't have Stamina for its ability, otherwise it probably would've shrugged off getting flattened by two pokemon slamming it into a truck after getting hit with Thunder Punch
Either Captain Pikachu is stupidly OP or those hunter's Pokémon were just laughably weak (or both,) because there's no way Pokemon hunter's Pokémon (who have in the past been depicted as quite dangerous and powerful,) should be that easily defeated or know weak-ass attacks like Thunder shock and Mud-Slap. They were barely even a serious threat. :cautious: Remember that one hunter from DP (not J) with the Glalie, which aren't known to be all that powerful, but still knew powerful moves like Hyper Beam and Gyro Ball, and was so tough it took on multiple opponents at once and still held its own? That's the kind of threat level a Pokémon hunter's Pokémon should present-not these.......jokes. :cautious: Or again, it's just that Captain Pikachu is the most stupidly OP thing in this show, and it's starting to seriously get annoying. I'm irked either way. :cautious:

Last edited:
I enjoyed Friede’s moments with Pikachu and I’m glad that we got see some variety of pokemon in this episode. They remembered that Liko attends school and found a rather ok reason to incorporate her assignment into the episode. Lastly, I’m glad that at least we got some battling going on in this episode.

it's just that Captain Pikachu is the most stupidly OP thing in this show
It's definitely this. The only time Cap lost a battle was when he fought a Legendary Pokemon. And even then the narrative went out of its way to justify it further by having Galarian Moltres have a moveset that perfectly countered Cap's close-ranged fighting style, as though implying that the beatdown wouldn't have been so one-sided (or maybe even have a completely different result outright) if that had not been the case.

I find it really annoying because while Ash's Pikachu was also portrayed as unreallistically strong, at least in his case it was established that his power was unusual for his species (likely implying he was a Partner Pikachu), not to mention that it didn't stop him from taking devastating or even humiliating losses against ordinary Pokemon every now and then. Here we've got absolutely no indication that Cap is anything special when compared to your average Pikachu, but we're still meant to take his ridiculous strength at face value and the only loss he's gotten was when he fought against a literal god.

The Rising Volt Tacklers are broke and decide to look for jobs. Fride, Liko, and Roy take on a job to find a Bramblin that got blown away by the wind (it must be very inconvenient to be a possessed tumbleweed), meanwhile, Liko also has to do a report on a trainer and Pokémon with an ideal bond and chooses to report on Fride and Cap. Cap is literally allergic to being called cute (a cruel fate for a Pikachu). A handful of Pokémon Hunters and their client, a girl looking for cute Pokémon (who inexplicably counts Avalugg as one), get defeated by Cap, and Bramblin is rescued. The day is saved and the RVT's money problems will probably never come up again.

More importantly, Anne gets another cameo.

Back
Top Bottom