• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ040: Farewell, Nyahoja?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Place your bets, folks. What do you think is going to happen? Will Sprigatito evolve? Will she learn a new move? Will it be a misunderstanding that doesn't need the misleading title that the episode has? Will Sprigatito actually leave...most likely not.

Place your bets, folks. What do you think is going to happen? Will Sprigatito evolve? Will she learn a new move? Will it be a misunderstanding that doesn't need the misleading title that the episode has? Will Sprigatito actually leave...most likely not.
Probably the third one, maybe the second.
Doubt its evolution there would of been sparkles on the calender if there was I would imagine.

The premise is actually good despite the overused departure fakeout.

Sprigatito feeling bad and running away because she accidentally hurt Liko is kinda heartbreaking.

Welp there it is folks. The fake farewell episode that this series had been avoiding up until this point.

I don't think sparks relate to captures and evolutions.
Until now, bonus star days only applied to Terapagos and "Six Heroes".

Wattrel’s capture had sparkles, which is why people keep assuming “sparkles = captures”. Note that Quaxly and Hatenna’s captures did not get any.

I guess it could be because Friede used his Tera Orb for the first time, and as we’ve established, Tera and Terapagos are connected.

I want to say they mean super-plot important episodes, but again, Quaxly’s capture ep was also the climax of the first Paldea arc, which you think would be relevant enough to get sparkles.

able to just learn a new movement

I feel like it might just learn a new move, considering it hasn't learned anything new since HZ007.

Fuecoco and Hatenna both learned new moves in the last few episodes and those were fairly low-stakes. Though, we'll have to see what happens between Dot and Tinkatink. If I had to guess they might be trying to buff up the characters before their next big encounter with the Explorers? It'd be a surprise if Sprigatito actually evolved here, though.

Summary and staff list from Dephender:

Liko and Nyahoja are engaged in battle practice with Roy and Hogator... or at least that was the idea, but then Nyahoja accidentally ends up injuring Liko! Liko ensures Nyahoja it's not to blame for what happened, but it seems like Nyahoja still feels conflicted. It ultimately ends up running away from the Brave Asagi, heading for the house of the breeder where it was born and raised?!

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 奥野浩行 (Hiroyuki Okuno)
Animation Director 青葉稜太郎 (Ryōtarō Aoba)
Animation Director 平松康佑 (Kōsuke Hiramatsu)
Animation Director 山本直子 (Naoko Yamamoto)

While it is kind of neat that we may be getting some origin story for Sprigatitio, it seems a bit convenient that they would close enough for her to make it back to what I assume is her birthplace.

Just please tell me Spriggy will get SOMETHING out this! Fuecoco and friggin' Hattena have gotten new moves lately, while Spriggy hasn't gotten jack despite being around the longest.

Her spamming Leafage and bleep Scratch is seriously getting OLD.

I can live without an evolution, but for Arceus' sake at least give her a 4th move already...

So any chances we see Floragato or Meowscarrada debut here? If the breeder looked after other Spriggys by any chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom