• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ040: Farewell, Nyahoja?

To the surprise of absoutley no one whatsoever, the cat didn't say farewell...

but it did get a pretty good episode filled to the brim with all sorts of cat Pokémon doing cat things...

and even it's own backstory...

and... this is the big one folks...

It finally learned a new move while it was at it so good for Sprigatito.

Last edited:
What a trolling clickbait episode. Look like Sprigatito truly need to just left alone and think what happen if her partner got injury again. Ultimately, they manage to solve it by against Spidops. Which have been causing trouble for other Sprigatito then to Hatenna and Terapagos. Finally unlock her new move set, Magical Leaf. That defeat Roy's Fuecoco.

Overall rating: B+

Another unexpected Paldea mon debut. So happy gen 9 mons are treated properly.

I loved this episode. And I did not expect so many early events to be referenced. I found Sprigatito's reasons and reaction to have been explained very well in a very compelling way and now her bond with Liko is even stronger. Poor baby Spiggy...

Confident Hatenna is such an entertainment.

Last edited:
Yknow nothing about magical leaves animation really screams... magical leaf, but that's fine, I guess theres the fact that it doesnt miss so it can arc and stuff whereas leafage only fires straight forward

Decent episode. I could have done without Roy being easily defeated by Liko for the umpteenth time, tho. Furthermore, it's really really starting to bug me how Wattrel is barely ever seen. Tinkatink was just caught last week and she's already running around the ship, and Hatenna and Terapagos are always around. Meanwhile Wattrel seems only allowed to show up when it's desperately needed. Whatever, let's focus on the main plot. It was fine. I liked getting some backstory for Sprigatito, including links to previous episode events with actual explanations behind them. Getting another Paldean Pokémon debut with Spidops was nice, and it's cool that Sprigatito wound up learning a new move. I'm glad they're actually highlighting the fact that Magical Leaf doesn't miss in the games. 6/10 episode.

Hard to give a accurate rating without subs. But so far it's a decent episode. I was right initially that yeah, the accident genuinely seemed so minor but adding the backstory of sprig for context as why it took it so badly made sense.

Although I do have some reservations. Like idk other than that one scene where sprig was hesitant to use leafage against amethio, sprig for the most part didn't seem to have much reservations until now. I felt like sprig constantly feeling uncomfortable using leafage throughout the show except that one scene I would of felt more impacted

Makes it even more weird considering sprig is constantly eager to battle.

Idk the "afraid to get close Bec too strong" idea felt lackluster in this episode

Hard to give a accurate rating without subs. But so far it's a decent episode. I was right initially that yeah, the accident genuinely seemed so minor but adding the backstory of sprig for context as why it took it so badly made sense.

Although I do have some reservations. Like idk other than that one scene where sprig was hesitant to use leafage against amethio, sprig for the most part didn't seem to have much reservations until now. I felt like sprig constantly feeling uncomfortable using leafage throughout the show except that one scene I would of felt more impacted

Makes it even more weird considering sprig is constantly eager to battle.

Idk the "afraid to get close Bec too strong" idea felt lackluster in this episode
Yea, it’s especially odd when she’s mastered Leafage to the degree of being able to create various versions of it with the fast and strong versions. Only way this makes sense is if the subs reveal she’s been handicapping herself this whole time.

You would think incineroar would've dealt with the spidops by now, but nah, let it capture and eat the odd pokemon I guess

They certainly have enough of them to spare, and who's going to miss, say, one of the half-dozen sprigatito, right?

also yay, Sprigatito learned...another leaf move, but this time it's sparkly, so it's totally new and different

A slow and boring episode, not sure why magical leaf looks nearly identical to leafage, but at least it gave depth to Sprigatito and a cool sequence of pokemon battling at the end (that almost felt like old times). This season really needs more casual pokemon battles. Oh and Roy keeps his losing streak.

Sprigatito did not leave and did learn Magical Leaf. Additionally, we got to find out about Sprigatito's sad backstory that led to it being unhappy about hurting its friends with its super Leafage despite being okay with hurting others using scratch.

I did like the episode overall but the best part was seeing Espurr in the background just staring off into the distance in a couple of scenes.

Sprigatito did not leave and did learn Magical Leaf. Additionally, we got to find out about Sprigatito's sad backstory that led to it being unhappy about hurting its friends with its super Leafage despite being okay with hurting others using scratch.

I did like the episode overall but the best part was seeing Espurr in the background just staring off into the distance in a couple of scenes.
To be fair, its not the move scratch, its just Sprigatito using its claws normally. It's like a wizard using a spell vs just... punching you.
Plus it was specifically leafage that caused problems, the rest of sprigatito's moves are of normal power.

It looked more like Liko tripped over Terapagos rather than getting pushed by Leafage, but sure, forced drama for the sake of the plot is nothing new to Pokemon (hey remember when Pikachu suddenly got jealous for no bloody reason back in PM19?)

Should've just had Sprigatito notice the cathouse, wander off, then have Liko show up and learn about Sprig's backstory before fighting a Spidops that somehow still exists despite all the firecats lounging around

...Incineroar and Sneasel/Weavile looked so out of place

It looked more like Liko tripped over Terapagos rather than getting pushed by Leafage, but sure, forced drama for the sake of the plot is nothing new to Pokemon (hey remember when Pikachu suddenly got jealous for no bloody reason back in PM19?)
Liko tripped over Terapagos because she was trying to protect it (and Hattena) from the oncoming Leafage. Which does technically make the drama terapagos's fault if you think about it for wandering into the way

Might of been forced sure I guess, but I think it added to it, (Plus idk what they would fill up the rest of the episode time with without the Liko chasing sprigatito around scenes. It would also skip the first convo with the cat lady)

It's more about the collateral damage done by Leafage that freaks Sprigatito out. She would've felt the same way if the Leafage hurt Hatenna and Terapagos, but it does pull more strings when the conflict is between trainer-pokemon.

Liko tripped over Terapagos because she was trying to protect it (and Hattena) from the oncoming Leafage. Which does technically make the drama terapagos's fault if you think about it for wandering into the way
Rewatched just to be sure, and nope. She got pushed back by the force of Sprigatito's Leafage, nothing else. She didn't even touch Terapagos, for that matter.

It's more about the collateral damage done by Leafage that freaks Sprigatito out. She would've felt the same way if the Leafage hurt Hatenna and Terapagos, but it does pull more strings when the conflict is between trainer-pokemon.
They need to pull those strings harder Bec I felt the conflict had a weak build up.

Apparently this is the move than pushed sprig further into isolation and made her actually try to leave liko, yet the ONLY hesitation we see from her using it was that minor scene when they first fought amethio/zir (forgot which one)

After that sprig has no issue using the move, heck half the time she is full on gong ho in using it. This so the same move that she swore never to use again

Idk I felt if they actually showed her reluctant to battle /use leafage throughout the entire series instead of one scene I actually would of taken it more seriously. Or At least show her leafage becoming more dangerous/erratic prior to this episode to show it can get dangerous

From what we've seen in the episode it looks really really tame and I'm sorry it makes everyone seem overreacting

(Doesn't help that sprig has no qualms with constantly scratching liko, especially in this episode where it looks like it hurt MORE than the minor fall she did)

Idk I felt if they actually showed her reluctant to battle /use leafage throughout the entire series instead of one scene I actually would of taken it more seriously.
I feel like that would quickly get annoying and maybe a little repetitive. (Especially since in most battles a delay in using the move would just end in sprigatito being hit by a move)

Or At least show her leafage becoming more dangerous/erratic prior to this episode to show it can get dangerous
But it isnt meant to be that though, the move is just strong and sprigatito used it in a scenario where you need more precision so it hurt the other sprigatito, which is why it learned magical leaf, more precise. The move isnt inherently dangerous sprigatito just used it in a bad situation to use it in.

(Doesn't help that sprig has no qualms with constantly scratching liko, especially in this episode where it looks like it hurt MORE than the minor fall she did)
One is a Pokemon move, the other is not, move scratch and just scratching are different, something something one uses a special energy the other doesnt. Plus the problem is specifically with their stronger than normal leafage which is what caused the problem before, not just moves in general anyways.

Back
Top Bottom