• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ041: Enter the Intense Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking finally! A genuine, serious, actual trainer battle! And a battle between mother and daughter no less! I just hope that it's a good battle that doesn't end too quick, and I'd say odds are good that Quaxly's getting a new move too! (It needs it.)
Looked to me like Quaxly was using Pound in the preview, would be nice to see it used Headbutt and/or Wing Attack
Yep, that was most definitely Pound I'd say, I could maybe see it learning Wing Attack or a new Water move. Not Headbutt though, Quaxly can't learn Headbutt.

Fucking finally! A genuine, serious, actual trainer battle! And a battle between mother and daughter no less! I just hope that it's a good battle that doesn't end too quick, and I'd say odds are good that Quaxly's getting a new move too! (It needs it.)

Yep, that was most definitely Pound I'd say, I could maybe see it learning Wing Attack or a new Water move. Not Headbutt though, Quaxly can't learn Headbutt.
This reminded me of Serena racing against her mother. They have a chance to make this interesting, I hope they don’t blow it.

I'm guessing Dot comes from a REALLY mixed race family. Murdock got the most melanin while her sister, Dot's mom, got the lighter end, with Dot getting the even lighter skin from her dad.

Then again, this family has a two toned hair color thing going on, so maybe it's best not to look into the genetics of anime characters. :p

The question might be a little stupid, is Dot the co-protagonist?

The question might be a little stupid, is Dot the co-protagonist?
She's somewhat important, but I think she is similar to Chloe from Pokémon Journeys. Someone that shows up at various points and has some story relevance but doesn't get top billing or has as much focus as the main protagonists.

I'd put her around the same tier as Friede, more important than the other RVT but not a protagonist either. She might not show up physically as much but that's because she is more the mission control type right now anyhow.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit - while we've seen scenes from the preview, nothing confirms that this will be a genuine battle with a clear victor. If anything, especially given how Horizons has been handled so far, I'd imagine there will be a brief scuffle before Dot has a moment of introspection (and switch on her mental..."switch" or whatever) afterwards that leads to her embracing or standing up to her mother (about wanting to stay on the ship); Quaxly may get a new move during the process, and then the "battle" will end as the focus will be entirely on Dot's feelings rather than a conclusive battle.

Of course I'd like for your assumption to be true, but it just seems highly unlikely (much to my chagrin) given the current precedent established by this series.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit - while we've seen scenes from the preview, nothing confirms that this will be a genuine battle with a clear victor. If anything, especially given how Horizons has been handled so far, I'd imagine there will be a brief scuffle before Dot has a moment of introspection (and switch on her mental..."switch" or whatever) afterwards that leads to her embracing or standing up to her mother (about wanting to stay on the ship); Quaxly may get a new move during the process, and then the "battle" will end as the focus will be entirely on Dot's feelings rather than a conclusive battle.
Sigh.........you're probably right. I guess I just got a bit hopeful seeing that preview, it really looked like an actual battle.
Of course I'd like for your assumption to be true, but it just seems highly unlikely (much to my chagrin) given the current precedent established by this series.
Much to mine also. God.......this series is just so damn boring!
Fingers crossed that the battle is a legitimate one, regardless.
Here's hoping it's not that like "land a single hit to win" bullshit.

She's somewhat important, but I think she is similar to Chloe from Pokémon Journeys. Someone that shows up at various points and has some story relevance but doesn't get top billing or has as much focus as the main protagonists.

Dude, Chloe wishes she'd gotten to do HALF as much as Dot has.

Arceus AND God (and some other dieties) know she's done more in 41 episode of Horizons than Chloe EVER got to the first 41 episodes of Journeys. Certainly a LOT more screen time (especially if you count scenes of her as Nidothing).

Dude, Chloe wishes she'd gotten to do HALF as much as Dot has.

Arceus AND God (and some other dieties) know she's done more in 41 episode of Horizons than Chloe EVER got to the first 41 episodes of Journeys. Certainly a LOT more screen time (especially if you count scenes of her as Nidothing).
Agreed. Dot’s honestly had a great showing thus far, even displaying a great aptitude in handling herself in the episodes that have been dedicated to her. Really all they need is for her to come out of her room more and she’ll be set.

I feel like Penny is more likely to have the eeveelutions like in the games than she is eevee itself.
Either way I don't think they'll throw eevee onto anyone anyways. Granted I have no basis for this, I would say "Theres nothing specific to market" but that falls apart when you remember they didn't actually use Chloe's eevee to show off Gmax eevee at all.

Super excited to see some Dot backstory, no doubt Blanca will want her daughter with her and it looks like she'll have her way only for Liko and Roy to stand up for her

Courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Dot's mother Blanca is an extremely proactive person that just won't stop talking once she gets going. Her Partner Pokémon is a Lugarugan (Midnight Form) of firm character. She and Dot seems to have polar opposite personalities, but... the way Dot talks as Gurumin actually seems to have a very similar kind of excitement to it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom