• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZ044: A Plan to Capture Rayquaza

Welp, now we know why the other Rising Volt Tacklers won't be seen much for the next arc. That's a lot of stuff they're gonna have to fix indeed.

Cracking episode indeed with the relenting attack from the Explorers, Dot continuing to be the coolest and Iono managing to pop up. And with that shocking climax of Friede's ship having been attacked, Amethio emerging from the shadows plus Rayquaza on the rampage, things are starting to heat up even more.

The Iono apperence was really random, it's like they needed just a bit more content to reach the runtime.
Anyways sure do hope Sango has someone using their flying pokemon to catch her because she just jumped off of glalie full speed mid air.

Wattrel released from its eternity in the pokeball only to promptly get obliterated by a move, you love to see it.
That poor neglected bird better get some serious justice in the next arc, I swear to God. :tentacruel: It's been done almost as dirty as Dracovish, possibly even dirtier.

What an intense episode and finally revealed why Rising Voltage Tacklers won't be in next Arc. Because of Airship damage by Rayquaza from Sango's Glalie in directly that required the whole School Arc for kids to be fixed completely. It is really an exciting the segment for today. Look like Liko's cat partner have to wait next week to finally evolve against the Terastal power-up Amethio's Ceruledge. Looking forward to that.

Overall rating: A-

That poor neglected bird better get some serious justice in the next arc, I swear to God. :tentacruel: It's been done almost as dirty as Dracovish, possibly even dirtier.
At least Dracovish got some wins, with its first being against a Champion’s Pokémon. Wattrel might as well be a flying Torterra at this point

At least Dracovish got some wins, with its first being against a Champion’s Pokémon. Wattrel might as well be a flying Torterra at this point
I was talking more in terms of appearances/maybe development. (More the former thing though.) It's not even Wattrel's lack of wins that has be annoyed so much- it's just its sheer lack of.......being a part of the show.

Last edited:
Really nice episode, especially once the second half rolled in. Dot was truly the MVP here. It was great seeing Quaxly and Tinkatink battle together against Chalace, even if it was primarily just a distraction for her real intentions. It was great seeing her stop the device which was being used against Rayquaza. I really love how Dot has grown from this anti-social shut in character, to someone diving headfirst into action like Liko and Roy. And btw, I'm so glad that the staff remembered that Wattrel exists. It was great to finally see him do something after 10,000 years. I hope he starts getting more attention moving into the upcoming arc. Also Coral remains the best Explorer. She may be reckless, but she really has no fear. Rayquaaza is attacking at full force, and she STILL flies into the path of its attacks to send Glalie in to blow up. Legend. And finally, Quaxly is such a badass, effortlessly blocking those Draco Meteors with Water Gun to keep Dot safe.

The Brave Olivine being partially damaged shocked me. I did not see that coming. But as I thought about that moment, I feel like the ship's damage just adds another narrative reason to keep them in Paldea for the upcoming Terastal Debut arc. And that alone just makes this episode that much better, because it's likely leading into the future arc. I really love how Horizons has such strong connections across almost all of the episodes. 8/10 for this one.

Ngl, I enjoyed seeing Liko, Roy, Dot, and Friede's faces of horror when they saw the Brave Olivine get damaged since it really conveyed the dread they were experiencing. It's not just their "home" being destroyed, the rest of their friends and all those Pokemon who travel with them were still in there.

Really nice episode, especially once the second half rolled in. Dot was truly the MVP here. It was great seeing Quaxly and Tinkatink battle together against Chalace, even if it was primarily just a distraction for her real intentions. It was great seeing her stop the device which was being used against Rayquaza. I really love how Dot has grown from this anti-social shut in character, to someone diving headfirst into action like Liko and Roy. And btw, I'm so glad that the staff remembered that Wattrel exists. It was great to finally see him do something after 10,000 years. I hope he starts getting more attention moving into the upcoming arc. Also Coral remains the best Explorer. She may be reckless, but she really has no fear. Rayquaaza is attacking at full force, and she STILL flies into the path of its attacks to send Glalie in to blow up. Legend. And finally, Quaxly is such a badass, effortlessly blocking those Draco Meteors with Water Gun to keep Dot safe.

The Brave Olivine being partially damaged shocked me. I did not see that coming. But as I thought about that moment, I feel like the ship's damage just adds another narrative reason to keep them in Paldea for the upcoming Terastal Debut arc. And that alone just makes this episode that much better, because it's likely leading into the future arc. I really love how Horizons has such strong connections across almost all of the episodes. 8/10 for this one.
And Iono appear is really unnecessary in this episode.

It does come out of nowhere, but I think Iono showing up is meant to set up the next arc of Horizons.
Of course, an invitation for Liko, Roy and Dot at the Paldea Academy to meet the remaining Gym Leader, Elite Four and finally Geeta.

1000065794.jpg

Back
Top Bottom