• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ046: How Thrilling! Orange Academy

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Information courtesy of Dephender at Serebii, set to air April 12th

Liko and the others decide to study on exchange at Orange Academy for Terastal training. After being told what the training will consist of, they look forward to their new life and the new encounters they'll make. And then a certain person appears...?!

du2fih1.jpeg

A COROCORO SUPER SCOOP
A new setting! New encounters!!
TERASTAL TRAINING AT ORANGE ACADEMY!!

A NEW CHAPTER; "TERASTAL DEBUT"!

New and exciting developments are taking place in Liko, Roy and the others' adventure! They'll be exchange students at Orange Academy, which also appears in Pocket Monsters Scarlet!

THE SETTING OF THE NEW CHAPTER IS A SCHOOL?!
It looks like the group will all be putting on school uniforms and start studying Terastallizing?!
*They'll also reunite with Nemo at the academy. She'll now be their reliable senior.
*The Elite Four from the Paldea region are appearing as well! Does that mean we'll get some battles?!

The editorial board recommends these two episodes:

Scheduled for March 29th: "To Places Far Far Away!
Liko and the others finally get to battle Rayquaza!

Scheduled for April 12th: "How Thrilling! Orange Academy"
Liko and the others decide to study on exchange at Orange Academy for Terastal training. After being told what the training will consist of, they look forward to their new life and the new encounters they'll make. And then a certain person appears...?!

The next issue will include a special feature-length manga!!

Now that I think about it, the kids might be separated from the RVT for a little while. The kids might be doing some "studying" for a little while, so the adults can look into Lucius' notes a bit more. Still throwing the kids into the school at this point is a very odd choice unless it is used for a framing device for something else.

@BigDocFan I wouldn't entirely mind the RVT doing stuff in the background. However, I want the anime to give me more a reason to care about them and don't want them to take too much time away from the kids.

Eh that feels like... a lot to cover in what is probably just 20-25 episodes. Maybe if they skip the gym story. And kinda speedrun either Team Star or the titans.
I guess technically they could speed run all of it if they really wanted to shove in everything?
5 Titan Episodes, 5 Team Star Episodes, 8 Gym episodes, 1 Episode for the entire league, 3 episodes for the finales to each story, 3 episodes split between set up and the Area Zero plot.

Not at all a good idea but... possible?

I guess technically they could speed run all of it if they really wanted to shove in everything?
5 Titan Episodes, 5 Team Star Episodes, 8 Gym episodes, 1 Episode for the entire league, 3 episodes for the finales to each story, 3 episodes split between set up and the Area Zero plot.

Not at all a good idea but... possible?
The Elite Four seems to be the relevant characters for this arc. So, I wouldn't be surprised our protagonists train to fight them (skipping the 8 Gyms).

I don't think they'll be doing any of the complete storylines from SV.

I think we'll see some Gym Leaders but no one will be actively going for badges.
I think it's more likely they will do something akin to the Academy Ace Tournament since it takes place right by the school specifically and everyone can participate.

You could do a compressed version of the Team Star events by focusing more on just Penny and Team Star as a group and them being bullying victims rather than having to confront every admin to get them to disband. Dot would be great for this imo.

Yeah, I doubt they'll use ALL of SV for this.

Arceus know they don't have time for the Professors & their plots...
Unless, of course, Lucious' Entei somehow becomes a Gouging Fire to get two flying-types with one rock-type move. :unsure:

Now the poster saying a certain someone appears, I highly doubt it will be Ash. I think it could be Arven. It might even be Geeta.

Back
Top Bottom