• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview HZ046: How Thrilling! Orange Academy

@Twilight-Kun Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if the cat used more of her other moves more often. But no, have some more leaves. She will be a nuisance to have around during Autumn.
If you're complaining about Liko spamming leaves, then I hope you lot complained back in Kanto/Johto that all Ash's Pikachu did was Thunderbolt/Thunder with a side of Quick Attack/Agility.

If you're complaining about Liko spamming leaves, then I hope you lot complained back in Kanto/Johto that all Ash's Pikachu did was Thunderbolt/Thunder with a side of Quick Attack/Agility.
Not sure that’s quite the same. While Pikachu did use Thunderbolt a lot, Ash at least had a team of Pokemon that he used so battle situations weren’t always the same thing for over 40 episodes. With Liko, it’s been her using Sprigatito constantly. Variety prevents these things from becoming monotonous.

@Articfoxgamez You are probably right. From what, I usually see from screenshots or the occasional videos is Sprigatito/Floragato using Leafage or Magical Leaf. If I see it use Quick Attack, then it is very infrequent.

You’re omitting context. Back then, that was during Gen I where a Pikachu largely only could attack with electricity. A lot of moves hadn’t been introduced yet nor had movepools been expanded. We are in Gen IX now, where those limitations no longer apply - so, of course the expectations from viewers are wider.

Case in point, Roy’s Fuecoco has had less screen time than Floragato but has already displayed a very diverse moveset in Tackle, Ember, Stomping Tantrum, Flamethrower, Disarming Voice, and now Flame Charge - this shows the writers are capable of giving their other lead equal treatment regarding movesets. There’s no reason Liko should be spamming leaves ad nauseam.

Minor aside, but I hate how Leafage and Magical Leaf look virtually the same… But I suppose Thunder Shock and Bolt weren’t animated too differently back then either.

A lot to be excited about in the coming future!

So many Scarlet/Violet characters making their anime debuts in just one episode!

I liked that they are keeping up the pattern of Anne being one step ahead of Liko in terms of development. I definitely wasn't expecting to see her in Paldea. I like Anne, so I hope we get to see her in more of a reoccurring role.

Having the trio battle Gym Leaders and such for Terastal training is a neat way to incorporate them into the story when they aren't actually challenging the gyms. I do wonder if we will be seeing any Titans or Team Star shenanigans while we're here.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sango struggle to keep her identity a secret and restrain herself from just blowing Glalie up the second she runs into a minor inconvenience.

A lot to be excited about in the coming future!

So many Scarlet/Violet characters making their anime debuts in just one episode!

I liked that they are keeping up the pattern of Anne being one step ahead of Liko in terms of development. I definitely wasn't expecting to see her in Paldea. I like Anne, so I hope we get to see her in more of a reoccurring role.

Having the trio battle Gym Leaders and such for Terastal training is a neat way to incorporate them into the story when they aren't actually challenging the gyms. I do wonder if we will be seeing any Titans or Team Star shenanigans while we're here.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sango struggle to keep her identity a secret and restrain herself from just blowing Glalie up the second she runs into a minor inconvenience.
I give it 5 episodes before Coral goes kid-friendly, Pokemon equivalent of a school shooter.

To be fair, she specifically seems to go glalie self destruct mode whenever she is fighting a losing battle.
First was against Cap who one shot Garagnacl, and the second was against Rayquaza when Liko Roy and Friede arrived to mess with the explorers plans. So all is fine as long as she doesn't get into combat.

Of course, I just have low expectations on the amount of battles we might actually get to see.
I mean, the entire point of this arc is for them to get stronger and er saw from the previews that they’ll be battling gym leaders and Liko will be battling Anne. While I’m sure there will be other things going on, the point of this seems to be a very battle centric arc.

Case in point, Roy’s Fuecoco has had less screen time than Floragato but has already displayed a very diverse moveset in Tackle, Ember, Stomping Tantrum, Flamethrower, Disarming Voice, and now Flame Charge - this shows the writers are capable of giving their other lead equal treatment regarding movesets. There’s no reason Liko should be spamming leaves ad nauseam.
When Friede complimented Liko and Roy's progress in the latest episode, he specifically brought up Sprigatito's evolution and Fuecoco's wide array of moves. So it appears this distinction between how both starters are getting stronger is intentional from the writers/producers (not saying that this is a good thing, just pointing out an observation that I've made).

Personally I've never been too bothered by Sprigatito spamming Leafage, but I do wish they placed more emphasis on what Liko learned during the Kabu episode (using Leafage by either focusing it or spreading it over a larger area). Technically this is something that we could've observed without Liko specifically ordering the move to be used as such (particularly whenever she uses Leafage as a smokescreen of sorts), but it would've been nicer if the writers showcased the creative applications of the move much more clearly and much more often. Thankfully Floragato having access to both Magical Leaf's homing properties and its new yoyo should make its future battles interesting again.

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Liko, Roy and Dot decide to receive "Terastal training" at Orange Academy in order to learn Terastallizing. There, they meet principal Clavel and president Omodaka, as well as the Paldea Elite Four; Chili, Poppy, Aoki and Hassaku... The curtain rises for an adventure set in the Paldea region for this trio aiming to make their Terastal Debut!

Screenplay 佐藤大 (Dai Satō)
Storyboard 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)
Animation Director 高星佑平 (Yūhei Takaboshi)

Oh hey up, first time Masaaki Iwane's been an animation director for an episode without Izumi Shimura in ages and with two other animators as well.

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Liko, Roy and Dot decide to receive "Terastal training" at Orange Academy in order to learn Terastallizing. There, they meet principal Clavel and president Omodaka, as well as the Paldea Elite Four; Chili, Poppy, Aoki and Hassaku... The curtain rises for an adventure set in the Paldea region for this trio aiming to make their Terastal Debut!

Screenplay 佐藤大 (Dai Satō)
Storyboard 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Episode Director 中田誠 (Makoto Nakata)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 中矢利子 (Toshiko Nakaya)
Animation Director 高星佑平 (Yūhei Takaboshi)

Minor correction. The first AD is actually 酒井裕未 (Hiromi Sakai).

Back
Top Bottom