• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review HZS01: The Pendant That Starts It All: Part One

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The first episode of Pokemon Horizons is available to watch on BBC iPlayer

Please make sure to still keep all spoiler related stuff in spoiler tags.

Voice Characterization -

Alejandra Reynoso
Anjali Kunapaneni
Crispin Freeman
Daman Mills
Erica Mendez
Faye Mata
Kira Buckland
Lisa Ortiz
Major Attaway
Mara Junot
Michael Schneider
Zeno Robinson

Bill Rogers
Billy Bob Thompson
Ed Bosco
Erica Schroeder
Haven Burton
Marc Thompson
Michele Knotz
Sarah Natochenny
Steve Blum
Tyler Bunch
Xanthe Hunyh

...not sure why’d they start now when people have been leaping off high places for years.
It makes no damn sense, for God's sake we started off the XY series with almost the same thing happening, only Ash jumped from a much greater height. And yet, that wasn't censored!
Didn't they show the jump in the dub trailer? So weird.
They did.

Can't say the dub is off to a good start, they removed the shot of Liko and Sprigatito jumping from the roof
Wow. Not only are Liko and Roy not allowed to be independent like the trainers that came before them but even on the meta level, the dub is removing scenes that they deem unfit for children. This is not promising for their legacy. It’s almost too safe.

It’s possible it’s a BBC-only thing, as French Channel Canal J showed the jumping scene.

Just curious, is the dub for Horizons keeping any Japanese music? More of a generalized question than one specific to this episode, but still. I watched the first half preview clip back when that was uploaded, but I couldn’t tell.

The first couple of Horizons episodes are now up on iTunes here in the UK and it appears that some of the edits that people called out such as Liko and Sprigatito escaping through the window and jumping off the roof in Episode 1 were edits done by the BBC themselves as the scenes have been kept as is.

It's still kinda funny though the BBC still kept that roof scene in Episode 2 for flashbacks which makes me wonder why they even cut that scene to begin with.

Also they now have the eyecatches which the Beeb airings lack.

Last edited:
The first couple of Horizons episodes are now up on iTunes here in the UK and it appears that some of the edits that people called out such as Liko and Sprigatito escaping through the window and jumping off the roof in Episode 1 were edits done by the BBC themselves as the scenes have been kept as is.

It's still kinda funny though the BBC still kept that roof scene in Episode 2 for flashbacks which makes me wonder why they even cut that scene to begin with.

Also they now have the eyecatches which the Beeb airings lack.
I'm really surprised that the eyecatches are being kept outside of the BBC airings, as eyecatches (that aren't Who's That Pokemon) have never been kept for the dub!

Back
Top Bottom