• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I am finally here..

dragonite24

Reaction score
well,umm.. hi.
I had a kind of rocky registration here,because my alt windows hotmail decided to mess up,and delete all messages including the newly send activation mail.
ah well,I got an new one at request.

So on with the main post.
I hanged around for a while on this forum,and it looked like a nice place to be.
Not to small and inactive,but also not extremely busy like serebii.

I am a dutch pokemon fan since 2000,it started on a nice saturday around this time of the year when I was eight ,I happened to view a short item about pokemon in a program of the local kid channel.
Back then,the fad was still going strong.
A year later I got my first game:pokemon silver.
I tell you:playing pokemon without knowing that much english,is quite diffirent .If I did't got some help at times,and did't see the anime often,I would never have played it out.
I played it with some friends,got a dragonite fanatic when I saw the episode of the anime ''enter the dragonite'' ,and generally was a normal pokemon fan.

But as the years passed,pokemon got out,but I kept liking it.
Kind of an lonely liking,but I played on.

I discovered serebii in 2005,which provided a good boost to my dusted knowledge of pokemon,and I closely followed the anime and games again the past 2 years.

Lately,I came to check the bulbapedia forums,and discovered that it was a nice place to talk about the anime,and games at such.
And now I registered here,and can now join the topics,and generally have more contact with other fans,which is awesome.

And now something important:I mentioned I was dutch before.
Well,I am now 16,and my english is pretty sharp now ,but I mess up at grammar sometimes.
You know,like using ''much'' when you have to use ''many'' at things like that.
I am still getting english class at school,and next year the lessons will get an step up,so I am still learning.
The reason I am so good now,is because of playing english games for years,and browsing many english sites as well.
So I may make some mistakes,and feel free to correct me.

*facepalm*
oh.. the commas..
In dutch you also need to add a space after a comma,I just tend to forget it alot.

Welcome to the BMG community! Hope you have fun here. :)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom