• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I Can Has Rain? An OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is...*sigh*

Well, I know it's a rather odd choice, but what about Dewgong? Same Hydration ability, learns Rest, will get STAB on Ice Beam, and still learns Rain Dance. Thoughts?

Dewgong has a poor defensive typing (Water/Ice). While it may be able to take a few hits, its base 70 offenses don't seem to put enough oomph in its attacks, even if you max out the offensive stat you're planning to use.

I'd say, go back to using Jirachi.

I'd suggest a Suicide Lead Electrode, personally. it's what i run.

Electrode @ Damp Rock
Naive Nature
EVs: 252 Atk, 48 Sp. Atk, 208 Spe
Moves:
~Rain Dance
~Thunder
~Taunt
~Explosion

a rain dance team is always plagued by entry hazards because of the switching to get rain back up. Electrode is the second fastest pokemon outside of Ubers, and is the ultimate rain dance lead. unable to be OHKO'd by any priority move (including CB Bullet Punch from Scizor), Electrode can taunt, rain dance, and thunder or explode. explosion allows a free switch, and STAB Thunder takes out a good chunk of any type that doesn't resist it.

I dont really like teams who rely on weather since sand stream or snow warning could prove to be a problem for a turn or two, but this team's pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom