• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO I can't believe how long Pokemon GO has been out.

lordfridge

Welcome Home, Good Hunter
Reaction score
It really does seem like just yesterday I was on holiday in Madeira, walking the beach, looking for water types.
That was 2016!

It's lovely to see how far it's come.

It's has been improved greatly over the years. To be frank, that doesn't say a lot for the game was a digital wreckage and as good as unplayable at release. It's been pretty stable now with far less glitches and bugs. I began playing at release and deleted the game in a fit of pure nerd-rage when I ran out of Poke balls to catch a Pikachu. I created a new account that same day, of course, and that's when I choose the starter I still have with me; a Pikachu of all things. Several of my finest warriors are still with me and have fought many battles; two 96% Dragonites, a 98% Rhydon (now Rhyperior) and two 100% Gyarados. That bunch will never leave my side!

Last edited:
It's has been improved greatly over the years. To be frank, that doesn't say a lot for the game was a digital wreckage and as good as unplayable at release. It's been pretty stable now with far less glitches and bugs. I began playing at release and deleted the game in a fit of pure nerd-rage when I ran out of Poke balls to catch a Pikachu. I created a new account that same day, of course, and that's when I choose the starter I still have with me; a Pikachu of all things. Several of my finest warriors are still with me and have fought many battles; two 96% Dragonites, a 98% Rhydon (now Rhyperior) and two 100% Gyarados. That bunch will never leave my side!

I barely remember when Go was released, since I played it as a way to help me wait for Pokémon Moon. I didn't know it was exactly as bad as Gen I in that regards, but I guess it is kind of fitting*.

*Before you ask, I have been part of the fandom from the start, but recent playthroughs of Yellow made me re-evaluate my stance on the first games.

It is pretty amazing to see remember how huge Pokemon Go when it was first released and it is still quite successful even after that popularity cooled down. It had a lot of glitches and problems right from the start. I still don't think that they were prepared for the app to be that popular right from the start. I still wish that it had features like online trading and easier ways to get coins, but they have made efforts to improve it over the years and I appreciate that. It makes playing the game much more enjoyable.

In case you're wondering, you definitely need a Sceptile, Blaziken or Swampert.

But especially Blaziken.

It is pretty amazing to see remember how huge Pokemon Go when it was first released and it is still quite successful even after that popularity cooled down. It had a lot of glitches and problems right from the start. I still don't think that they were prepared for the filehorse app to be that popular right from the start. I still wish that it had features like online trading and easier ways to get coins, but they have made efforts to improve it over the years and I appreciate that. It makes playing the game
publix passprt much more enjoyable.

I am amazed too. How it took over the market and the craziness in the people about it.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom