• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I can't believe I haven't caught that Pokemon!

I was browsing in the grass around Pal Park and I ran into a Floatzel...to my surprise there was no Pokeball icon. I snapped it up (thanks to my favorite Scyther-now a Scizor-who has False Swipe.

I did that with Magicarp one time. In Emerald. It ended up level 40 and to strong for the low level Pokemon I brought to catch it.

In my defense, I didn't know some of them existed, which is why I never caught them... Or I never knew how to get them.

I never really catch Pokemon. Except in one playthrough of Ruby, which is now long gone. For example I started a new Ruby game last night and thought I'd transfer all items and good Pokes over to Pearl before I would restart. There were two Pokemon in my PC. I had beaten the E4.

In pokemon blue i was once cheking my my pokedex with 150 pokemon on it.
Then i saw that i havent caught Rattata yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always used to catch all pokemon I saw, in Red I wrote the name down so I wouldn't catch a pokemon twice.

Still trying to collect all pokemon but my friends don't have heart gold or soul silver...

In my first play through of red, I was confused that I still had blank entries post game. I was positive I caught and evolved everything (except the rest of the starters), so I would often spend a lot of time in the safari zone hoping to run across something new. Then I figured out about game specific mons from a friend. All because I couldn't be bothered to read the back of the game box or instruction manual.

in diamond I would always put honey on a tree and check it over and over. of all the tree I checked, I never caught a cherubi.

i dont have this problem too much cause im like a pokemon hoarder if i see i dont have it yet then i have to have it and store it just to say i have it

Every single honey tree pokemon in DPPt. I eventually just got them off of the GTS.

Otherwise I always catch the pokemon the first route I can. I think I'm the only person ever to catch a Kecleon on Route 118. XD

After KOing like 100 Audinos in White to level up some of my weaker team members I realized I never caught one until after the Elite Four rematch.

In my Diamond (which is where I hoard all my Pokemon) I realised I don't have a Plusle. This is funny as I have a Shiny Minun.

I think I sort of did something like that. In heartgold I decided after beating red to try and do the imposible... complete the national dex. AS I worked through it I was making progress and realized I had a few amount of guys left in the Johto dex that I had not captured. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time but then found out I hadn't bred an azuril yet. I felt pretty dumb because i thought I had bred all of the baby pokemon.

leafgreen: vulpix. and even after going through the place in cinnabar that was filled with vulpix!
ruby: wurmple. I'd always think, 'I had it already' (well, coming from the person who doesn't look if I caught it or not)
diamond:staravia. I've seen it so many times, but I never caught it!

In SoulSilver, I defeated Red without capturing any member of the Geodude line. The first one I saw when I decided to go capture it was shiny! I was so happy!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom