• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I dropped my phone...

...in the @#$%ing toilet the other day. I totally freaked out and tried to dry it off as best I could... I ended up taking out the battery and the chip and letting it dry out overnight. I was sooo sure it would be toast, but... it still works!!!! I've only had one weird problem so far (today the screen went totally blank for about a minute), I can't freaking believe it still works! o_o

Anyone else have any weird/stupid accidents with their phones/iPods/other electronics? :p

every now and then when my phone drops it shuts off. But not all the time. And no, it isn't the battery.

I've dropped my old phone into a puddle of water when it was raining heavily. I was on my way to home from school and it dropped from my jacket pocket. It still worked perfectly and didn't act in any weird ways. That happened years ago, so I haven't used the phone at all in a long time, since I've gotten many new ones after that.

On another note, sometimes my iPod acts all fucked up for no reason at all. :\

My Creative Zen Mosaic does that sometimes too. The only thing that helps in those situations, is a reset (which is the reason why I always keep a safety pin with me - with that I'll be able to push the reset button).

Luckily my laptop hasn't caused me any trouble at all. That'd me most likely explode.

About that cellphone I got for Christmas:
I hadn't used it in a while and it wouldn't turn on, even though I charged it. It's fine now.

Normally, my laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid, but sometimes it shuts off by itself when I do, and at other times, it won't turn on (I had to charge it to get it back up and running).

My phone's been dropped down the stairs 3 times, into water twice, has fallen from my purse/pocket to the floor and broke apart close to 5 times, the battery looks somewhat corroded over, but it still works. I've had the thing for going on, oh, 5 years now.

My little DS Fat has been through so much abuse over the years it's a miracle it's still purring like a kitten nestled up in front of a warm fireplace.

My shitty Macbook, on the other hand...

I always used to drop my old phone on the floor because it was so small and fiddly...

LOL.

I have broken/lost:

Four phones, three laptops, three ipods, several pairs of headphones, a microscope, a gameboy and two cameras.

I fail at technology like it's my job.

So, I actually SNAPPED an iPod in half once..

Well I've dropped my DS so many times the hinge is broken.

This. Stay away from my butterfingers!

During the snow this January I've had some problems with my phone. Since it's not waterproof it gets soaked by the melted snow and ice that gets on me when I fall over sledging or getting hit by a snowman. The screen goes purple but when I replace the battery it's fine.

I've never properly broken tech before, but I've lost two copies of Diamond in the past.

My Creative Zen Mosaic does that sometimes too. The only thing that helps in those situations, is a reset (which is the reason why I always keep a safety pin with me - with that I'll be able to push the reset button).

Ah I have the EXACT same problem with my Creative Zen Mosaic. I'm very very happy that reset button doesn't delete all the songs and stuff ;)

My DS fell onto a concrete floor. It scraped the side a lot. And I had to hatch 3 eggs again...

Back
Top Bottom