• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I finally did it.

Robert Akio

Sayaka Miki
Reaction score
I managed to defeat Culex in Super Mario RPG! The original SNES version. It took me... so much grinding and getting the lazy shell to do. But I did it. Even got everyone in the team up to the max level. It does have me wonder though. How many people have been playing Mario RPG recently?

I did play Mario RPG recently! I finished the main story content & didn't really feel inclined to continue through the postgame content, personally. I don't have any nostalgic ties to the original or anything so for me it was really just kind of a run of the mill mini-ARPG with some cute writing and an adorable original character in Mallow. So I don't really think it was anything super amazing. It does look incredible however, I'll give it that.

... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I just saw how he looks in the remake! By Star Road itself! Nintendo had their cake and ate it too with remaking that extra boss.

I don’t have the remake, but I’ve been trying to get around to playing the original through the snes expansion pack!
Cool! I have it on Switch online, but for grinding purposes, I played a rom hack that doubles EXP, meaning I got to level 30 when i fought him. Be prepared though. And get the Lazy Shells. Those will be crucial in managing to outlast him.

I did play Mario RPG recently! I finished the main story content & didn't really feel inclined to continue through the postgame content, personally. I don't have any nostalgic ties to the original or anything so for me it was really just kind of a run of the mill mini-ARPG with some cute writing and an adorable original character in Mallow. So I don't really think it was anything super amazing. It does look incredible however, I'll give it that.
Cool! I take it that what you mean by postgame is stuff in the remake, correct?

I’ve been enjoying it so far, but I’ve been stuck on huff n puff…

I’m saving up money to get the thousand year door remake when it comes out, and paper Mario colour splash was one of my first and probably favourite games! I’ve also beat origami king.

It took me almost half a year to beat lava piranha lol

I also had it on the Wii u virtual console but I also got about this far before I sold it

I’ve been enjoying it so far, but I’ve been stuck on huff n puff…

I’m saving up money to get the thousand year door remake when it comes out, and paper Mario colour splash was one of my first and probably favourite games! I’ve also beat origami king.

It took me almost half a year to beat lava piranha lol

I also had it on the Wii u virtual console but I also got about this far before I sold it
Make sure to have the right badges equipped. Doing so can help out a lot. And ohhh! The TTYD remake. That's gonna be a blast once it comes out. Just a heads up though. TTYD has a bit of a backtracking issue most apparent in Chapter 4 and the hunt for General White.

I’ve been looking at online guides for badges and I can’t find the actual badges anywhere lol

And yea, I’ve heard a lot about ttyd so I’m really hyped for the rerelease! The art style they’re using looks really cool too! I’ll watch out for that when I’m playing too

I’ve been looking at online guides for badges and I can’t find the actual badges anywhere lol

And yea, I’ve heard a lot about ttyd so I’m really hyped for the rerelease! The art style they’re using looks really cool too! I’ll watch out for that when I’m playing too
Which badges are you looking for actually? Have you tried seeing if the badge store has them

Yeah, they do sell them but I never have enough money TT-TT

I need to do some grinding but keep forgetting to keep playing lol

I’ll try again sometime, I’m working on a Pokémon run so probably sometime after that
Ahhh. Cool. Good luck with that. I hope it goes well. And remember to grind for coins for the badges.

Fair enough there. And oooooo. Paper Mario. That's a classic there. How's that one for ya?

I didn't play the original or the remake, but I heard from people who were disappointed with the game because it seemed to be an ipsis literis remake and the graphics left something to be desired when compared to current Mario and/or Nintendo games.

From what I've heard, it sounds like a BDSP-esque case.

I didn't play the original or the remake, but I heard from people who were disappointed with the game because it seemed to be an ipsis literis remake and the graphics left something to be desired when compared to current Mario and/or Nintendo games.

From what I've heard, it sounds like a BDSP-esque case.
Ehhhhh. I haven't played that. But I know for a fact that a whole lot of people are glad about this. I don't get why some people think the chibi looking characters look weird for the remake. I mean, just look at their proportions in the Snes game.

Back
Top Bottom