• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I found an old Pokémon DP anime novelization I got at a Scholastic Book Fair back in elementary school. Bulbapedia doesn't seem to have much on them.

Red Knight

Saeve certando pugnandoque, splendor crescit
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. It/Its
  3. Any
Specifically, I have a double feature. The "front" side is "Pokémon Academy" by Katherine Fang, which adapts the events of the Pokémon Summer Academy arc, while the "back" side is "The Lost Riolu" by Helena Mayer, which adapts the two-part episode "Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu!" The book also came with a page of temporary tattoos, which I never used because I was raised Mormon and thus taught that tattoos were immodest and sinful. (I think temporary tattoos technically aren't considered sinful because they are designed to not be permanent, but elementary school aged me did not understand the significance of this distinction.) Here I have attached pictures of both covers, the spine, and the page of tattoos.
PXL_20231114_020943312.jpg
PXL_20231114_020954219.jpg
PXL_20231114_021040187.jpg
PXL_20231114_021057964.jpg
As a disclaimer, I have not seen any of the relevant episodes of the anime. But based on my research, "Pokémon Academy" features a heavily abridged version of the episodes it adapts, even completely omitting the events of the second episode of the four-episode arc, "Up Close and Personable!". Additionally, I did not see Katherine Fang credited for writing "Pokémon Academy" anywhere in the book, while Helena Mayer is credited on the inside front cover of "The Lost Riolu." This may warrant further investigation on my part. (Also, I should maybe actually watch the anime episodes in question.)

Back
Top Bottom