• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I got a pet dog.

Uhh. Im not sure what breed of dog it is. But I know the dog is named Pacman. Other dogs from where my dad found him had names like Atari or Super Mario.

Unfortutanly, I also don't have any pictures of pacman. I could with my phone, but of course, that means me getting close to him and him potentially biting my feet and Im just so worried about that and hurting the dog.

Ooooh, cute! What kind of dog is he? Do you have pictures?

Sorry I don't have any pics of pacman. Im just worried both of him biting me amd me accidentally hurting him. He's just a small puppy after all. And one who bites a lot.

Ooooh, cute! What kind of dog is he? Do you have pictures?
So, few days later. I think my mom said Pac-Man is a hound. Im sure that's what she said while we were at an art show and talking to my friend Anivay.

Ok, as much as Pac-Man is more than warming up to me, Im still a bit worried about him. There are times when he just gets seems to get all aggressive and growl at me. And then proceed to bite me multiple times. he tried to bit my feet, my leg, my shoes! And just recently, he scratched me and may have caused me to get a cut on my left foot. Anyone have any advice on raising a dog?

Puppies will bite a lot. Mine is around 8 months now and she still nibs at people. It usually calms down once they’re done losing their baby teeth (and getting new ones), but you should also teach him not to bite. Dogs biting you playfully will do it with care so you don’t get hurt. Even so puppies may still have trouble controlling that. My puppy has made my hands bleed more than once (although nothing bad, it’s more annoying). She doesn’t do that anymore though as her baby teeth were much sharper and the reason they drew blood.

There’s also a difference in agressive growling and playful growling. I kind of doubt a puppy would do the agressive one, but that depends on how old he is, I guess. If it’s growling when you’re trying to take away toys etc. it should be discouraged.

Other than that I’d suggest reading books about caring for puppies and maybe taking a few courses. Raising a puppy is difficult but it pays off imo.

Puppies will bite a lot. Mine is around 8 months now and she still nibs at people. It usually calms down once they’re done losing their baby teeth (and getting new ones), but you should also teach him not to bite. Dogs biting you playfully will do it with care so you don’t get hurt. Even so puppies may still have trouble controlling that. My puppy has made my hands bleed more than once (although nothing bad, it’s more annoying). She doesn’t do that anymore though as her baby teeth were much sharper and the reason they drew blood.

There’s also a difference in agressive growling and playful growling. I kind of doubt a puppy would do the agressive one, but that depends on how old he is, I guess. If it’s growling when you’re trying to take away toys etc. it should be discouraged.

Other than that I’d suggest reading books about caring for puppies and maybe taking a few courses. Raising a puppy is difficult but it pays off imo.
How about just trying to walk down the stairs after the puppy aggressively growls, or just doing so to your mom randomly without reason? Or while going under your bed and ripping the underside of it up, with white fluff stuff coming from down there? Because Pac-Man does that. I don't think I even heard him do a playful growl.

How about just trying to walk down the stairs after the puppy aggressively growls, or just doing so to your mom randomly without reason? Or while going under your bed and ripping the underside of it up, with white fluff stuff coming from down there? Because Pac-Man does that. I don't think I even heard him do a playful growl.
The growling thing I’m not sure about but the ripping apart stuff is another thing puppies do. They’re young, they don’t understand right and wrong. My pup chewed up part of a chair. You gotta tell them no (while they’re doing it, not after, that won’t do anything aside confuse the dog).

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom