• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I got a scan of the scene where ....

Reaction score
...editing the scene of Norman punching Ruby into him dropping Ruby due to lightning in Volume 17 to compare with this:
PS209_no_edit_Chuang_Yi.jpg

Since there was no comparison shot to what how it differed with Viz Media's version:
nnGtAma.jpg

Huh....looks like imgur transcoded my lossless png scan to jpg....but ah well it's grayscale anyways, so no loss of information anyways I guess.... Someone can amend that to PS209 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia if they want just like other scans showing comparisons of the edits. And probably add a reference to Pokémon Adventures volume 17 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia just like for the one for Pokémon Adventures volume 11 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia under translation edit for convenience.

While we're on the subject, anyone got a list of edits that were changed in the manga during translation for whatever reasons? I'd to know about all of these..... There's no single page on that site that displays all translation edits that weren't present in the original material.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom