• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh I have a feeling the third Galar game will have every PKMN as a selling point

I just hope there's a maximum of years a pokemon can disappear from the main line. I mean, I hope it won't happen that a certain Pokemon doesn not appear for an entire generation. Right now consider that d/p remakes will re-use all the 4 gen pokemon that appeared in Galar + all the gen 8 pokemon because it would be off to cut the pokemon of the generation the games are in + all the pokemon that were originally in the Sinnoh pokedex. That's 300 pokemon already. So, if there's no third version for sw/sh (and I truly hope it doesn't), It may actually happen that some pokemon will just skip this gen.

Despite what Masuda claims, I firmly believe that the real reason Pokemon species are being cut is due to SWSH being rushed to meet some sort of annual release deadline started with SM, combined Game Freak also having to work on LGPE, Pokemon Quest, Town, and a console port of Giga Wreaker during SWSH’s development.

Because of this, I think time constraints was the deciding factor in the decision to remove certain Pokemon and not “balance, quality, and expression”(HA!) as Masuda stated.

I feel that SWSH’s hypothetical third game (Pokemon Axe?) will have every Pokemon available as it’s main selling point due to the ground work for the game already being done, and the slightly longer development time.
honestly in my opinion, unlikely when it comes to every pokemon being available.
It appears this is a new policy going forward. I can however see a third version being made that will have pokemon available in it that aren't available in swsh. Available pokemon I think will be a selling point.

prior to the policy change, third versions had extra pokemon to make it possible to complete the entire pokedex; between the debut game, remake, and director's cut, you could usually capture everything or at least almost everything. now that they've decided to move on from that, i think it's highly unlikely that third games will add in Pokemon that weren't available.

what seems most realistic is that, if Game Freak decides to continue down that avenue (which i think is unlikely), there'll be a different roster of Pokemon. although that is somewhat dependent on how large Galar's pokedex is to begin with. of course, as i said, i don't think we'll be getting third versions/director's cuts again.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom