• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I have too many games in my backlog, so let's clean out the Switch's in 2021.

MARCH 17th:
Cleared up through the start of 4-5. I mainly used Rabbid Mario and Rabbid Yoshi, though brought in Luigi for a couple stages.

Annoyingly, my Switch is acting up: it keeps saying the game card was removed when it wasn't. Can barely find info on this happening to others. At least I have seen some threads about it now, but no causes. It's only happened with Age of Calamity too - didn't happen at all when I was playing SRW V - and didn't happen with this game until midway through World 3 when I started seeing some glitching with random blocks appearing over my characters. It even happens when the game isn't being played! Reinserting or just hard resetting the Switch makes it realize there is a game in there. No idea what's up. Any ideas/similar experiences, non-existent readers? :p

MARCH 18th:
Cleared up through 4-8. I had to use health restoration/doubling for the first time on the Bowser Jr. fight, although more out of convenience so I wouldn't have to repeat the previous battle to experiment. I used it on 4-6 and 4-7 too, although I didn't end up needing the restore/extra HP in the former case. Did in the latter case: no mushroom and Mario was at too low health.

MARCH 20th:
Completed the main game. I was going to switch games on the spot, but I am a dork and didn't charge my new controller! So I started the DK DLC while waiting for that. It's going by much faster, with much less stress about how to spend my money (bananas?!). Cleared through World 2 so far. Heard it gets harder at World 3, so we'll see how that goes.

MARCH 23rd & 24th:
Nothing on the 23rd. But I finished DK Adventure today. Liked it more than the main game. DK is absurdly overpowered and you're expected to know just how to use that.

After this, I fired up Prinny again to test my new controller. Autofire works well and I beat the final boss again without hurting my wrist. So I guess I'll try to finish off my remaining playthroughs of it next.

Last edited:
MARCH 25th:
Prinny. I did a playthrough to complete more stages, and also completed the Kaizo-esque Martial Tower stage. I didn't use turbo throughout that, although did against the boss and the rest of the game. The boss can be cheesed anyway. Started the alternate storyline after that, Asagi mode. Got through the first four stages in it.

MARCH 27th:
There's a shiny Liligant event going on in Sword and Shield, so I went ahead and caught one. Took for-fricking-ever t show up, though. Took multiple breaks and never ended up getting anything else done. Also forgot to get the event code mystery gift, so I should put the game back in and do that.

APRIL 1st:
Not much progress.

APRIL 2nd:
A bit more progress, up through the second Keep. However after I saved, I started up Smash Ultimate for the MonHun spirit even. Then I switched over to Pokemon Shield for the Easter dens event. Thankfully I got a Shiny Azumarill without too much trouble.

The last few days have been mostly dead ones. Been focusing on reading and writing. Maybe I just can't get into this game? That or my brother's talking and talking and talking with his friends as he plays dumb multiplayer games is annoying me. And of course drift is a thing that's gotten bad, so can only do so much portable.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom