• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I know an edit I'd like to make - how do I make sure I remember it?

Sagiri

Reaction score
I was looking at Pokédex data structure in Generation III - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia,
and, after examining the actual contents of a FR and LG ROM, I realized that the offsets it lists for the start of the table in FR and LG are wrong. I managed to track down the actual offsets.

Similarly, it also claims that FireRed and LeafGreen have two pages of Pokedex text. That's untrue - "description 2" always points to an empty string, and only "description 1" is displayed, so there's only one page.

But, since SM just came out, editing has been disabled. It's kind of strange that editing of pages completely unrelated to SM is disabled, but that's neither here nor there. The only reason I even came across that page is because of a project I'm working on, which will hopefully be done by the time editing gets unlocked, so I probably won't come across it again (at least for a while) to be able to actually fix the errors I noticed.

I suppose I could put it in my watchlist, but the page has only been edited twice since 2013, so that might not be the best way.

I was looking at Pokédex data structure in Generation III - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia,
and, after examining the actual contents of a FR and LG ROM, I realized that the offsets it lists for the start of the table in FR and LG are wrong. I managed to track down the actual offsets.

Similarly, it also claims that FireRed and LeafGreen have two pages of Pokedex text. That's untrue - "description 2" always points to an empty string, and only "description 1" is displayed, so there's only one page.

But, since SM just came out, editing has been disabled. It's kind of strange that editing of pages completely unrelated to SM is disabled, but that's neither here nor there. The only reason I even came across that page is because of a project I'm working on, which will hopefully be done by the time editing gets unlocked, so I probably won't come across it again (at least for a while) to be able to actually fix the errors I noticed.

I suppose I could put it in my watchlist, but the page has only been edited twice since 2013, so that might not be the best way.

I'm quoting your post in hopes that you'll be notified. Editing is now unlocked, so here's a reminder :)

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom