• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I love Misty!1111111111111111! (No May Fans!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This thread was made on April Fools day to basically make fun of the more obsessive Misty fans who hate May.

Misty fans acting like that was acceptable back in 2002 when AG first stared, but nowadays whenever someone does that they're always openly mocked and looked down upon as outcasts. Anyone who hates May nowadays is never treated with respect from what I've seen.

Hence why Kojiro made this thread, to poke fun at some of the craziness of this fandom.

I also poked fun at the notion that BMG was full of obsessive Misty-fans, as someone once said on Toonzone...:p

Well...there may be some seeds of truth in that one. I don't hate anyone here, really, I just get carried away sometimes. :p

Well...there may be some seeds of truth in that one. I don't hate anyone here, really, I just get carried away sometimes. :p

Everyone does some time or another. However, what's important is fixing the mistake you made by being carried away.

Actually, Misty, May and Dawn suck big time. The best girl in Pokémon is Harley.

lmfao Kasumi. But in all seriousness, May sucks. She's done nothing for me or the fandom! Misty FTW!! Seriously, You know how she was shafted at the end of AG, they should have done it in the middle of AG!! ;)

May does suck IMO She's a crybaby in my book, and wins too easy. She also complanes alot. I'm so glad she left...well actually no, because she's gone, we wont see Drew. Anyways I still hate her, and I don't care what you say Scott, I ignore May fanboys. Harley beats May anyday ;D

Heh, I love how this thread was used to make fun of rabid Misty fans, which is what RubyMoon is. She's basically the perfect example as to why Misty fans get so much hate in the fandom nowadays. Its like attracting the moths to the flame and allowing themselves to be openly mocked.

The funny thing is she doesn't realize what she's doing which is what's the most shocking of it all. Do you honestly expect me to refute any of the points, considering they're all poorly constructed? Do you honestly like making yourself out to be a laughing stock? Seriously?

May was always a great character, I tend to feel sorry for the people who spent the AG era as bitter whiners. I'm just glad the writers never get to see what goes on in this fandom. Its pretty embarrassing if they knew how their fans acted.

Last edited:
Misty fans acting like that was acceptable back in 2002 when AG first stared, but nowadays whenever someone does that they're always openly mocked and looked down upon as outcasts. Anyone who hates May nowadays is never treated with respect from what I've seen.

oh go cry a river! thats not true!

May was always a great character, I tend to feel sorry for the people who spent the AG era as bitter whiners. I'm just glad the writers never get to see what goes on in this fandom. Its pretty embarrassing if they knew how their fans acted.
May is a whiney n00b and you know it!! Misty did have a temper, and didnt do much in johto, but she's classic and she's still a great character, especially now since she's matured.

May is a whiney n00b and you know it!! Misty did have a temper, and didnt do much in johto, but she's classic and she's still a great character, especially now since she's matured.

See what I mean about rabid Misty fans? You guys can't even form a decent argument without making yourselves look like fools.

I liked both girls quite a bit, but May was handled very well. The writers never neglected to give her spotlight or constant character development. She brought in tons of interesting characters in the series, had a number of great battles, and was one of the best fully realized characters in the anime.

Misty was handled well until the Johto era, when seemingly holding Togepi became her only occupation, but the writers managed to fix this in AG by maturing her into a Gym leader.

Don't you guys get tired of looking like the oddballs out? The writers knew what they were doing during AG, and May was handled extremely well. Some of us like watching a character who actually has a plot, who actually battles, and doesn't stand in the background. She's one of the best received characters in the series for this reason. She's one of the reasons why AG was a success, and I'm glad most people were able to recognize it.

If you'd like to debate properly without embarrassing yourself, then I'm all for it.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: It's like Attack of the Trolls in here...

Since it's now several days past April Fools', maybe this topic ought to be locked now.

:rolleyes: It's like Attack of the Trolls in here...

Since it's now several days past April Fools', maybe this topic ought to be locked now.

I think so too.

However, it really goes to show you how horrible some of these rabid fans can be. And people didn't believe me when I said BMG was home to some crazed Misty fanatics.

I'm just curious as to why they think they can get away with it here. Is it because Archaic is a Misty fan/Pokeshipper, that they think this forum is a safe haven for May bashing?

I never understood this logic. It would be different if they actually debated with valid points, but they use drivel to try and get their points across.

I'm more than happy to debate with them if they want to, but I think the character bashing has gone on for long enough. They just make themselves look like dumbasses, and why anyone would do that instead of trying to debate intelligently I'll have no idea.

If they cut the nonsense and bring some valid points to the table, I'll be more than happy to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom