• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I need some help with my iPod. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalGlacia

wants Chain of Memories!
Reaction score
I just got an iPod Nano for my birthday, and I tried to hook it up to my school-issued Macbook so I could get some music on it. Turns out the computer's version of iTunes was too old to work with my iPod, so I downloaded iTunes for my Vista and hooked my iPod to it. I got a message saying that it was configured for mac and not Windows, and it asked me if I wanted to restore it for Mac. I said yes. Then not more than a second later, I got an error message saying that I had no internet connection and that it couldn't connect to the iPod Update Server. AOL has been open the entire time I did this. What's wrong? I'd really like to have my ipod tomorrow, because we're going to be gone all day.

Certain versions of the iPod (includes the iPod Nano) are compatible with PCs and Macs. Since you first tried to hook it up to a Mac, the settings were configured for a Mac OS. After that, you tried to hook it up to your Vista while your iPod was configured to a Mac OS. That won't work.

There's two options: download the latest version of iTunes on your Macbook or configure the settings on your Vista so that it will work with your iPod. Keep in mind that once you decide, as far as I know, you can't use it on the other computer since you have a Mac and a Windows.

The only way for you to fix it so you can use it on your PC is to restore the iPod to factory settings. For that, just follow the instructions on this page.

To sort out the compatiblity issue, connect the iPod to your Vista PC and once iTunes recognises the iPod, you'll see the iPod information screen. There should be a button that says 'Restore and Update'.
That'll restore the iPod back to it's factory settings, configuring it with your Vista PC.
If you want to use it with your Mac as opposed to Vista computer, you'll just have to download the latest version of iTunes from the Apple website.

In order to update it, you'll have to have an established internet connection which is sounds like you have.
The only thing I can think of that could be conflicting with iTunes if your computers Firewall settings.
If you go into the Control Panel and then onto Firewall, check to see if it's blocking iTunes.
Other than that, the only other thing I can think of which could possibly have caused the problem was a momentary connection loss whilst it was trying to update. Ensure your connection is strong and try again.

If it stil isn't working, you might just need to trying it with your Mac and download the latest iTunes.

I found that I can't do it with my Mac- it's school-issued, and it requires our admin's password. I've been screwing with this thing all weekend- working with the firewall, running diagnostics on iTunes, doing the stuff they tell me to do on the Apple website... I even called someone and had them help. It's still saying that I have no internet connection.

But strangely still, I can access the iTunes store perfectly fine. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom