• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I really want to gush about...

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
[insert Pokémon here]

Basically a fishing thread. Here you can vomit your feelings of admiration of your favorite Pokémon, or just of Pokémon that have impressed you.

Raichu! He's so cute, and so speedy! I awarded him my Starter Pokemon status due how much I love this Pokemon! If I ever get a main series game, my Raichu will always lead the party.
I also like how Raichu is sorta the underdog vs Pikachu.
Lt. Surge's Raichu shows that Raichu can do well even in antagonistic roles.

Last edited:
Leafeon, cause just

tumblr_n2f7wq92p81ttdkobo1_400.gif

look at it it's the most adorable thing ever <3

Xurkitree, it's amazing. It's a whole mess of cables that, via what appear to be organic zip-ties, have been cable-managed into a disproportionate humanoid form. The proportions themselves - its legs are the length of legs and a torso, its torso is vanishingly brief, and then its arms are ankle-length. It looks so lanky and cool, which is such a strange flavor for an alien creature to come with. And it has this ostensibly humanoid body shape, but then a long, whip-like tail that ends so cheekily in a plug. The frayed brass that serve as its "hands," its spike-ball head with no eyes (I do love Pokémon with no eyes, though their rarity makes them feel more special so I'd prefer to keep them scarce), and the aforementioned zip-ties make it look so jagged, and more electric. The spiky head also makes it look like it has frumpled hair that's standing on end, adding to both the feeling of lankiness and surging electricity. It's even got paw-like feet that I find weirdly adorable. And there's the way it wiggles and shakes wildly when it uses its powers... not to mention the sheer audacity and out-of-left-field-ness of even having a Pokémon that's composed of cords and cables. It's as if they saw all those Trubbish haters saying, "lol, did someone run out of ideas and just look at a trash can?" and thought, "Oh, wanna' bet?" And put out something utterly brilliant and original. I honestly never could have imagined anything like it, least of all from Pokémon. Now, I like the Ultra Beasts in general, but Xurkitree is on such another level that it blows everything out of the water. It is my favorite Pokémon, bar none.

Last edited:
Charjabug is literally the best thing ever I love it so much. I'm doing a mono type run in Moon, and Curie my Charjabug has been the ace of my team. Wishiwashi? Zapped. Lurantis? Acrobatics is OP. Also I will never get tired of Charjabug's cry.

Secondly, can we talk about Klefki? Like seriously, Gamefreak had to have made it just to troll the people who hated the obect Pokemon of Gen 5. "Everyone complains about object Pokemon, so let's make a key ring! And then we'll make that key ring extremely useful in the metagame!"
They totally knew what they were doing there.

Samurott. One of the most underrated Pokemon. I consider him the best Unova starter, the best water type starter in general, and one of the best Pokemon ever, overall.

Great design, great combo of colours, and the ability to be a Physical, Secial or Mixed attacker. I tend to go with Special. Samurott is such a bro, as if saying "if anyone tries to attack my Trainer, I will kick his ass"!

Currently, Samurott is one of my 5 favourite (non- legend) Pokemon of the entire franchise, along with Charizard, Metagross, Salamence, and Sceptile.

Why is Electabuzz so damn awesome? I know I go on and on about Charizard (my second favorite Pokemon of all time), but that's only because of how popular he is and I am bound to meet another Charizard fan to talk with. Electabuzz? Not so much. Seriously, I love this guy! I love his design, his stats are not too bad, and he's gotten me out of tight spots in the games numerous times. I'd use him over Jolteon anyday (I love Jolteon, too). Unfortunately, as the generations go on, there are much better Electric-types to choose from, but I'll always use Electabuzz when I can.

Plus, his anime voice in the early episodes was amazing and hilarious! I want that voice back!

Tirtouga. Little known story, it was originally considered for Gen II but was, for whatever reason, rejected. But Tirtouga didn't give up. Even when he didn't make Gen III, he was still persistant. Eventually, after four generations of hard work, it finally made it as an actual Pokémon! Now that is badass.

I've been using Mimikyu in the Battle Tree, although I haven't been up there much cuz I've been breeding recently. This thing can SWEEP. It was a hacked shiny Mimikyu I got from WT with Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, and Shadow Claw, holdng a Focus Sash, straight from AuSLove. It got me thinking to breed my own Mimikyu for amazing sweeping purposes. I got up to like battle 19, and this thing was leading, and steamrolls almost every pokemon it comes across. It shows no mercy. I really should get back up there.

Also, Mimikyu was the first shiny I ever got in Gen 7. It was the first to appear via SOS when I was trying to run away and look for a Klefki. She was caught with my Master Ball, because I had no other reason to use it all game. It's a really cool pokemon, but it's not gonna make my top 10 favorites until it proves itself worthy to me.

And by that I mean, I wanna play Alola with Mimikyu as a team member.

I've been using Mimikyu in the Battle Tree, although I haven't been up there much cuz I've been breeding recently. This thing can SWEEP. It was a hacked shiny Mimikyu I got from WT with Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak, Play Rough, and Shadow Claw, holdng a Focus Sash, straight from AuSLove. It got me thinking to breed my own Mimikyu for amazing sweeping purposes. I got up to like battle 19, and this thing was leading, and steamrolls almost every pokemon it comes across. It shows no mercy. I really should get back up there.
Funny story: I got to battle number 33 on the Battle Tree using Mimikyu. Only lost because I discovered that his training was wrong; he was trained on Attack and Defense, instead of Attack and Speed.
SOMEHOW, I got that far with that Pokémon outspeeding everything I thought it wouldn't, and it wasn't even trained correctly. THAT'S how amazing Mimikyu is.
Aaand... I guess I'mma gush about Mimikyu while I'm at it?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MIMIKYU IS SO STRONG AND CUTE AND HIS CRY IS THE BEST AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I had a Lanturn named Denki on my first ever (admittedly terrible, but we all have to start somewhere) competitive team, and she was usually the last 'mon standing thanks to her amazing HP stat. Unfortunately, Lanturn's other stats aren't great, and it's a colossal shame it didn't get a buff in Gen 7. I also like the design - they took an anglerfish and made it adorable, but still recognisable. I like a lot of Gen 2 Pokémon designs because they work with the Game Boy Color's graphical limitations, rather than against it.

Jynx was nice to use during VGC 2012, and I got to ladder up till 1700 on Showdown's server with a Jynx + Hydreigon (surf) combo.
I know lots of people are desperate to call Jynx trash, but I don't see it that way.

It may be a bit trashy during the XY era, but other than XY and DP, it wasn't bad.
It was one of the strongest lead in RBY, even.

People keep underestimating it.

I think people just want to call Jynx trash/ hate Jynx due to the controversy, which isn't really that cared about outside of USA.
Jynx isn't unpopular in Japan at all. (Ranking above Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Aerodactyl in popularity during the XY era)

Jynx was nice to use during VGC 2012, and I got to ladder up till 1700 on Showdown's server with a Jynx + Hydreigon (surf) combo.
I know lots of people are desperate to call Jynx trash, but I don't see it that way.

It may be a bit trashy during the XY era, but other than XY and DP, it wasn't bad.
It was one of the strongest lead in RBY, even.

People keep underestimating it.

I think people just want to call Jynx trash/ hate Jynx due to the controversy, which isn't really that cared about outside of USA.
Jynx isn't unpopular in Japan at all. (Ranking above Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Aerodactyl in popularity during the XY era)

I like Jynx myself, I think it's pretty cool.

There are so many good ones, but my personal favorite of all Pokemon is Ampharos. I can't quite explain it. It's not necessarily the coolest design or the strongest Pokemon. I just love it, even though I don't use it that often anymore. Maybe it's because Ampharos is so low to mid tier, kind of an underdog, and ditzy looking. Or because it becomes a dragon with great hair when it mega evolves...

Primarina is just fab. He can nuke foes into oblivion with his voice and look postively glamorous while doing it! Seriously, Sparkling Aria is so pretty!

Popple, Lune's Primarina, was basically the heavy artillery of my Fairy monotype run.
I love Primarina too!
It's my fav Gen 7 Pokemon!

It's my starter and it KO'd the most Pokemon for me out of my team.

It's so rare for a Pokemon to be so pretty and so strong at the same time!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom