• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I really want to rant about...

Hidden abilities cool idea right hard to get shit that changes the meta. Well it's fucking luck based. The dream world was a pain in the ass and I now will never have access to that content again so all that time grinding dream world points was wasted. Getting them through hordes is a pain in the ass and I didn't even bother trying with SOS. Want the hidden ability Zapdos or Kanto shit that's not available in ORAS. Well better be willing to drop ten bucks on the gen 1 games on virtual console without speed up!

Nintendo and Gamefreak don't give a flying fuck about game preservation they want to exploit the fear of missing out for all it's worth. I'd be willing to spend 20 freaking bucks on an app that one lets me transfer pokemon backwards for gens IV-VI and two lets give me access to all the fucking events. The reason why I'm willing to drop that is because I know most people don't give a flying fuck about this shit so even at that price and it being an app and not a game it would still be a loss because no one cares or people let their friends tranfer shit using their 3ds thus lowering purchases.

the fact that pokemon bank has a yearly fee irks me. or better yet, why not implement a transfer system that doesn't require internet in the first place like pal park or poke transfer? i dislike the theme of pay-to-play in video games, and it is especially hurtful to see pokemon go down that route.

the fact that pokemon bank has a yearly fee irks me. or better yet, why not implement a transfer system that doesn't require internet in the first place like pal park or poke transfer? i dislike the theme of pay-to-play in video games, and it is especially hurtful to see pokemon go down that route.

And now, with Sun/Moon they've even locked the National Dex behind it.

It's a small, reasonable fee to pay. I have to give them that... But keeping the National Dex behind that paywall I can not forgive.

I don't want there to be an open world Pokemon game. I don't know why people would be excited over this. It would just be too much work for the development team. There's a reason why there's a linear path.

The Festival Plaza. Dear Primus, how I hate that place. Most of the guests in there don't know any really good facilities and the ones that do? Well, I run into them after a GTS or Wonder Trade and I can't register them as a VIP. Even worse? The really "good" facilities are outrageously expensive and require a ton of FCs. Oh, but if you want to purchase anything at the shops in your Plaza, you need to use FCs. Leveling up the Plaza itself doesn't do anything for the shops so I don't see the point. It's like GF took Join Avenue and sucked all of the fun right out of it. It was a great idea but it's executed so poorly that I don't even like using it. :mad:

The Festival Plaza. Dear Primus, how I hate that place. Most of the guests in there don't know any really good facilities and the ones that do? Well, I run into them after a GTS or Wonder Trade and I can't register them as a VIP. Even worse? The really "good" facilities are outrageously expensive and require a ton of FCs. Oh, but if you want to purchase anything at the shops in your Plaza, you need to use FCs. Leveling up the Plaza itself doesn't do anything for the shops so I don't see the point. It's like GF took Join Avenue and sucked all of the fun right out of it. It was a great idea but it's executed so poorly that I don't even like using it. :mad:
Plus you need to go into it if you want to use Wi-Fi in any way. Was it so hard to make like PSS and let be be connected while walking around Alola? I like walking around and randomly throwing out a battle challenge to randos every now and then, but I can't pick anyone that's not in Festival Plaza, and even then most people aren't just walking around to have a free plate at that moment to battle in. And don't even mention Battle Spot to me. Maybe I want to battle with more than 3 Pokemon OK?

The fee is there so that Gamefreak can continue maintenance on the app and ensure it is up to date without issues. Any major issues could potentially result in the loss of all our Pokemon sitting in bank. Why should they do all of that for free? It isn't even pay to play, as it is completely optional.

The fee is there so that Gamefreak can continue maintenance on the app and ensure it is up to date without issues. Any major issues could potentially result in the loss of all our Pokemon sitting in bank. Why should they do all of that for free? It isn't even pay to play, as it is completely optional.

Seeing as the Poke Transfer feature is locked behind the paywall, I would say that it is a bit pay to play. Then there's the fact that with Sun/Moon there is no National Pokedex, yet there is one for both games in Poke Bank.

Then there's the fact that with Sun/Moon there is no National Pokedex, yet there is one for both games in Poke Bank.
THAT'S another thing. Why remove the National Dex from the game itself? Escpecially when you can catch Pokemon from outside the Alola Dex IN THE MAIN GAME! No-one wants to need to close SM and connect to the internet every time they want to look at their National Dex. And I know that Dex entries for old Pokemon are generally just recycled, but I still like reading them. I'm not even kidding when I say that SM looses points with me every time it gets a patch without the note "Added National Pokedex". Literally the only good thing about removing the National Dex is that the Shiny Charm got a hell of a lot easier.

Long Reach and Decidueye, they could have made it also rise the priority +1 or speed x1,5of its special moves with its currrent effect also.

Seeing as the Poke Transfer feature is locked behind the paywall, I would say that it is a bit pay to play. Then there's the fact that with Sun/Moon there is no National Pokedex, yet there is one for both games in Poke Bank.

Except that transferring Pokémon is not required at all in order to play the games, so it still isn't pay to play. It is up to each individual's choice if they want to transfer Pokémon or not. And it isn't as though Gamefreak charge an unreasonable amount for the app. As a matter of fact, the price is more than fair, and is well worth the money to help gamefreak ensure that their apps are running as efficiently as possible.

Except that transferring Pokémon is not required at all in order to play the games, so it still isn't pay to play. It is up to each individual's choice if they want to transfer Pokémon or not. And it isn't as though Gamefreak charge an unreasonable amount for the app. As a matter of fact, the price is more than fair, and is well worth the money to help gamefreak ensure that their apps are running as efficiently as possible.

Understand this: F2P games don't necessarily get money out of people by features that are required to continue in the game. No, how they get people is by hiding features that will be very helpful. Features that were usually available for free in previous games. Features that make it possible to be completionists.

Although it may not be a severe case, Pokemon Bank certainly falls right along the lines of tactics of F2P games. Hiding a feature such as Poke Transfer behind a paywall is 100% something a F2P game would do.

This isn't even going into the fact that now the National Dex for Sun/Moon is locked behind the paywall on the app, which is really bad. The omission of a feature that has been in all past Pokemon games post-G1. The lack of the feature really hurts completionists which Nintendo/GameFreak knows will happen.

Maybe something like Pokemon Bank itself could be $5 a year or however much it is... But Poke Transfer and National Dex should be available just for buying the games. There's absolutely no reason you should have to pay a recurring fee for what was available in previous games. Do you understand? That is 100% a F2P tactic right there.

I'm really angry and sad now.
I discovered now that the list of Gen I exclusive moves that I had was wrong and Onix doesn't actually learn Teleport.
It really hit me because I REALLY wanted a Z-Teleporting Onix. Maybe even a Z-Teleporting Steelix. Alas, I can't have it.
Teleport Arcanine is still a thing, however, so not all is lost.

Understand this: F2P games don't necessarily get money out of people by features that are required to continue in the game. No, how they get people is by hiding features that will be very helpful. Features that were usually available for free in previous games. Features that make it possible to be completionists.

Although it may not be a severe case, Pokemon Bank certainly falls right along the lines of tactics of F2P games. Hiding a feature such as Poke Transfer behind a paywall is 100% something a F2P game would do.

This isn't even going into the fact that now the National Dex for Sun/Moon is locked behind the paywall on the app, which is really bad. The omission of a feature that has been in all past Pokemon games post-G1. The lack of the feature really hurts completionists which Nintendo/GameFreak knows will happen.

Maybe something like Pokemon Bank itself could be $5 a year or however much it is... But Poke Transfer and National Dex should be available just for buying the games. There's absolutely no reason you should have to pay a recurring fee for what was available in previous games. Do you understand? That is 100% a F2P tactic right there.

Again, the fee is there for maintenance reasons. The fees aren't there purely for profits, but to help ensure their apps are kept up to date. You are literally complaining that Gamefreak doesn't do the extra work in creating and maintaining the app for free. They have every right to charge a small fee for it. They aren't hiding anything behind a paywall, Gamefreak have made it clear what the fees are for.

Those little cutscenes that replay before and after EVERY battle (including rematches) against an Elite Four member in SM. Are they really necessary? -_- Grinding for Exp. in these games is annoying enough as it is, no need to add extra time. Why not do what ORAS did and have them only play for the first battle?

Those little cutscenes that replay before and after EVERY battle (including rematches) against an Elite Four member in SM. Are they really necessary? -_- Grinding for Exp. in these games is annoying enough as it is, no need to add extra time. Why not do what ORAS did and have them only play for the first battle?
It may sound odd, but that fact that the cutscenes didn't replay in ORAS was what annoyed me, mainly because I enjoy the spectacle of the Elite 4/Champoin battles, and since I never go back just for grinding, I guess it just made the occasions when I did go back more special.

It may sound odd, but that fact that the cutscenes didn't replay in ORAS was what annoyed me, mainly because I enjoy the spectacle of the Elite 4/Champoin battles, and since I never go back just for grinding, I guess it just made the occasions when I did go back more special.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't mind it in ORAS, since I don't use them for grinding either. The only reason it bothered me in SM is because there aren't many good grinding spots outside of the E4, so you're forced to waste time and watch them over and over again.

Also, I just realized that this thread is for complaints about specific Pokémon, so I'll take a moment to mention Delcatty. Yes it's cute, but god, at what cost? Why are its stats so terrible, even after the buff?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom