• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I really want to rant about...

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
[insert Pokémon here]

This is a thread for you to vent out your frustrations about Pokémon you hate, Pokémon you dislike, Pokémon that annoy you, or Pokémon that have disappointed you.

NOTE: RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINIONS. THIS IS A RANT THREAD AND YOU WILL READ THINGS YOU DISAGREE WITH. RESPECT THAT AND MOVE ON. THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR FIGHTING.

I really want to rant about Silvally.
WHY DOES IT HAS SUCH A LACKLUSTER MOVESET?
OUTSIDE OF MULTI ATTACK, THE FIGHTING, FAIRY, GROUND AND GRASS MEMORIES ARE USELESS!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ah, Inceneroar...

You could've had the potential to be a rather destructive choice of starter Pokémon, but why in the %#$@ do you have to lose most of your speed evolving?!

Stantler. It's a very obscure Pokémon, but dear Arceus is that thing ugly! Who thought it would be a good idea to give it the saggy mouth? And that ugly round structure where there's supposed to be a tail... And aside from that, there's not much interesting about its design, so it's little more than a very ugly reindeer. Its bad stats and bland typing really make a Pokémon that doesn't have much redeemable about it. No wonder you rarely hear anyone mention it!

Last edited:
i hate pewdewpie, he is so annoying. he make to many darn video that are basically the same thing. they are let's plays which i dislike in the first place and so many people that he, that make me sick.

just for future notice am i allowed to swear on this tread?

i hate pewdewpie, he is so annoying. he make to many darn video that are basically the same thing. they are let's plays which i dislike in the first place and so many people that he, that make me sick.

just for future notice am i allowed to swear on this tread?

You are allowed to swear, you are however not allowed to make a post that isn't about Pokémon :p

I hate every single partner the games stick you with. I don't mean your partner Pokemon, and I don't mean people that follow you around and don't do anything besides maybe heal your Pokemon. I mean those idiots you inevitably end up having to double battle against Team Flavour-of-the-Gen, like Calem/Serena, Hugh, etc. I swear to god they are all idiots, except Lance (and, lo and behold, the only competent one in any game happens to also be the Champion (until you boot him out anyway www)). But seriously, is it too much to ask to NOT get stuck with these people? I'm perfectly capable of handling myself in a double battle by myself. Or at least make them as smart as Lance please maybe? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Goodra ruined the Goomy and Sliggoo line. I will never forgive nor forget.

Pure Poison types. Wait, no, not every pure Poison type. Muk at least has solid stats so it gets a pass. Weezing also has workable stats as well as a pretty good movepool so it's also exempt. I've used Swalot and Arbok in different runs, and they weren't so bad since they actually have movepools, and their stats are totally fine, at least once you evolve them/during the mid-game. So with that, I think I've covered almost every pure Poison type. If that's so, why am I complaining about this typing? Oh right. It's not that pure Poison types are bad, it's just that the specific pure Poison type I used was.

Trubbish. Hey, don't get me wrong. I like Trubbish. I don't want to not like Trubbish. Unlike a lot of people, I don't mind the idea of inanimate object mons at all. I actually kind of like it. And therefore, I am totally cool with something that's based off trash, because they at least executed it right. But dear god, Trubbish is such a pain to use in battle. See how all the everyone I mentioned in the above paragraph. Despite being only able to hit one type super effectively for a long period of time, that was mostly made up with by having decent stats or movepools. I don't know Trubbish's stats, but the poor guy has no moves. Literally. I don't even know if the evo will be actually good to make up for it, because I've never successfully hit that stage.

I've used Trubbish twice in 2 different runs, my second Black 2 Nuzlocke, and recently, my Theta Emerald EX run, also a Nuzlocke. For Black 2, I was hoping to get something cool but of course, I ended up with the trash mon. But I was totally cool with it at first because I thought it would end up being useful. I thought. Suffice to say, it ended up being the toughest mon on my team to grind thanks to the fact she had nothing to hit anything super effectively, and for all the Grass types, I honestly rather had my other Grass counters deal with them. She did end up having a shining moment though, and that was....defeating the Bug leader's Swadloon. But any of my teammates could have defeated it too, and it wasn't even the ace. Sooner or later, I ended up having to sacrifice my trash bag against an overlevelled Herdier in the desert.

"But Page, Theta Emerald EX actually does have Fairy types" you may say. I know it does. Problem is, they're scarcer than Fire types in DPPt. I've gone through 2 and a half badges and I've really only encountered....2. In the wild. Since I've never seen any actually threatening Fairies, why should go find a counter for it? And no, I wasn't meant to use a Trubbish. I was going to use a perfectly cool Solosis whom I've never used because I picked Black. But ten, I derped and overwrited the save file where I caught it and no more Solosis. I was like "doesn't matter I can just find one again". Welp, not really, it's a 4% encounter. So I had to have no choice but to get whatever comes. And I got, well another Trubbish. This time, given my past experience and knowing that there's gonna be no place to grind it(I caught it on the cycling route, so at the time the best place for EXP is the cave, which has Ground mons everywhere), I decided to angrily jokingly named her 'Useless' and headed straight to the museum and grind her on the grunts. And of course, You should know what happens when you head off against overlevelled grunts and something who can't hit them super effectively. The situation was bad enough until I actually would've rathered a Minun over it. Yes, that's right, a Minun. And when I actually want a Minun over something, you know how bad the situation is.

But don't get me wrong, despite all these bad experiences, I still like Trubbish. I don't want to not like it. I don't think it's design is as bad as everyone thinks, and I hate it when people say that inanimate object mons are bad. I just wish that it was better to use, that's all.

Dammit Darkrai, why do you hate me man? Honestly you are THE coolest Mythical ever, so why are you so scarce? There was that one time in DPPt I couldn't get. That one time in the 20th anniversary giveaway I screwed up on, and... Yeah, I think that's it. Dammit Darkrai, get in mah game man!

I hate every single partner the games stick you with. I don't mean your partner Pokemon, and I don't mean people that follow you around and don't do anything besides maybe heal your Pokemon. I mean those idiots you inevitably end up having to double battle against Team Flavour-of-the-Gen, like Calem/Serena, Hugh, etc. I swear to god they are all idiots, except Lance (and, lo and behold, the only competent one in any game happens to also be the Champion (until you boot him out anyway www)). But seriously, is it too much to ask to NOT get stuck with these people? I'm perfectly capable of handling myself in a double battle by myself. Or at least make them as smart as Lance please maybe? Pretty please with a cherry on top?
Oh GOD yes! I mean, I literally had to go through the entire double battle with Mars and Jupiter in Platinum by MYSELF! Since Barry's Munchlax was absolutely fucking useless! It spent the first 3 turns building up stockpiles, and what does it do when it hits full? Does it Spit Up for huge damage? No. It swallows! And then goes right back to stockpiling! I mean geez man! I had to solo that whole fight since you had to start with that god damn Munchlax!

it probably shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but alas, I am simply too much of a fangirl. The prankster and burn nerfs were probably the worst part of gen VII for me. Vanilla sabae was so fun to use before, but after these two colossal nerfs, it's much more difficult. I don't even see why they needed to nerf either one in the first place, sure prankster is an amazing ability but it's balanced out by literally every user of it being frail. Burn doesn't make sense to me either, since when was the 1/8th damage a problem? Did they just not want it to outclass regular poison 100%, that would be stupid reasoning too considering toxic poison was still a very useful status. Ugh, whatever, I guess I can't bitch too much, at least it has a mega that's still good....

and of course, stunfisk was one of the pokemon hit the hardest by the paralysis nerf, though this doesn't bother me as much considering stunfisk was never good outside of PU in the first place. Still a friggin pointless nerf.

while I'm in angry fangirl mode, one more thing. Did they really have to make corrosion exclusive to the one poison type that doesn't actually care about it at all? They could have distributed the ability to poison types that would actually appreciate it....swalot, mostly. Throw the poor thing a bone already, geez. I can't think of a poison type the ability better fits than perhaps dragalge, who can have it too, though I think it would mainly stick to adaptability anyway. And, uh, tentacruel can get it too, sure, why not. I really hope they fix this distribution problem in the future cuz it's a shame to see such an amazing ability go to total waste.

Last edited:
while I'm in angry fangirl mode, one more thing. Did they really have to make corrosion exclusive to the one poison type that doesn't actually care about it at all? They could have distributed the ability to poison types that would actually appreciate it....swalot, mostly. Throw the poor thing a bone already, geez. I can't think of a poison type the ability better fits than perhaps dragalge, who can have it too, though I think it would mainly stick to adaptability anyway. And, uh, tentacruel can get it too, sure, why not. I really hope they fix this distribution problem in the future cuz it's a shame to see such an amazing ability go to total waste.
I know right? Why have the ability to poison anything you want if you're a special sweeper? Why even bother?

Oh GOD yes! I mean, I literally had to go through the entire double battle with Mars and Jupiter in Platinum by MYSELF! Since Barry's Munchlax was absolutely fucking useless! It spent the first 3 turns building up stockpiles, and what does it do when it hits full? Does it Spit Up for huge damage? No. It swallows! And then goes right back to stockpiling! I mean geez man! I had to solo that whole fight since you had to start with that god damn Munchlax!

In those instances, I honestly knock out my partner's Pokemon so he sends out something better like his Torterra or Staraptor.

Also, his uhh, Munchlax... It doesn't even know Spit Up... Barry (game)/Platinum - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

What a terrible set! :ROFLMAO:

I want to rant that I feel a rather big disappointment toward Sun & Moon, and as a result I'm feeling pretty disconnected from the fandom right now (because most people seem to think these are the best games ever, for reasons beyond my comprehension). It's depressing, because Pokemon is my most precious fandom and disappointment is not a feeling I usually associate with it.

I actually felt pretty 'meh' towards the 6th gen at first - this feeling mercifully went away after I'd gone through Kalos a few times, and I began to appreciate the region's charms and beauty, so I'm hoping repeated playthroughs of Alola will bring back the spark. However, what worries me is a fundamental difference. Kalos felt to me like a plain cheesecake that tasted great, but could have used a few strawberries on top in the form of an eventual Z version. But Alola feels to me like a cheesecake that looks pretty, and tastes ok, but the texture isn't great, and it kind of collapses when you put the knife in it, and it has kind of a strange aftertaste. Basically, my problems with Kalos weren't problems exactly, more a wishlist of things I feel Gamefreak could've done to improve it. Whereas my problems with Alola are actual problems and things I wish they hadn't done in the first place. Most of all I'm annoyed that it didn't make me feel as if I was a small kid going off into the big world on an adventure...because for me, that's the biggest pull of the Pokemon games. Sigh :/

I'm also pissed off that in many places (thankfully not this one, mostly Facebook groups) you can't communicate any criticism of the 7th gen without someone accusing you of a) simply not 'understanding' the games (whatever that means) b) calling you that forbidden word that rhymes with Len Runner or c) saying you're 'not a proper fan'. This attitude sucks. I adore Pokemon and have for 18 years, but I also know that you can love something and still call out its flaws.

I'm re-playing Y right now to try to shake off this feeling, but I still can't help but feel sad that I didn't fall in instant true-love with the new games the way the rest of the world seemed to :/

I want to rant that I feel a rather big disappointment toward Sun & Moon, and as a result I'm feeling pretty disconnected from the fandom right now (because most people seem to think these are the best games ever, for reasons beyond my comprehension). It's depressing, because Pokemon is my most precious fandom and disappointment is not a feeling I usually associate with it.

I actually felt pretty 'meh' towards the 6th gen at first - this feeling mercifully went away after I'd gone through Kalos a few times, and I began to appreciate the region's charms and beauty, so I'm hoping repeated playthroughs of Alola will bring back the spark. However, what worries me is a fundamental difference. Kalos felt to me like a plain cheesecake that tasted great, but could have used a few strawberries on top in the form of an eventual Z version. But Alola feels to me like a cheesecake that looks pretty, and tastes ok, but the texture isn't great, and it kind of collapses when you put the knife in it, and it has kind of a strange aftertaste. Basically, my problems with Kalos weren't problems exactly, more a wishlist of things I feel Gamefreak could've done to improve it. Whereas my problems with Alola are actual problems and things I wish they hadn't done in the first place. Most of all I'm annoyed that it didn't make me feel as if I was a small kid going off into the big world on an adventure...because for me, that's the biggest pull of the Pokemon games. Sigh :/

I'm also pissed off that in many places (thankfully not this one, mostly Facebook groups) you can't communicate any criticism of the 7th gen without someone accusing you of a) simply not 'understanding' the games (whatever that means) b) calling you that forbidden word that rhymes with Len Runner or c) saying you're 'not a proper fan'. This attitude sucks. I adore Pokemon and have for 18 years, but I also know that you can love something and still call out its flaws.

I'm re-playing Y right now to try to shake off this feeling, but I still can't help but feel sad that I didn't fall in instant true-love with the new games the way the rest of the world seemed to :/
Don't worry, you're not alone, I honestly don't see SM as "the best games yet" either. The difficulty was very underwhelming for most of the game, and it unfortunately cut a lot of great features that made ORAS so great. Like, I'm fine if you want to being back Join Avenue, just please don't force us to go into it to go online, or at least let us stay online outside of it. Yes the games are good, the storyline is great I'm not denying that, it just underwhelmed me a bit.

This is not exactly Pokemon-specific, but I'm nevertheless writing this, as it still relates to the Pokémon GTS. The Wi-Fi shutdown, which happened in the middle of my Black 1 quest, was the absolute worst for me. Not only did Nintendo didn't give enough warning beforehand and put up some bullshit excuses until we found out what the real reason was, but...absolutely no patches/follow-ups like Xbox or PS? Really? When you've got a major franchise that one of the most heavily reliant on the internet? (Barring MMO games and the like.)

Sure, most people might have moved on from Gen 4 by the time XY came out, but they were not even considering patches onto Pokémon Bank or anything like for those people still playing the Gen 5 games? When the stores were still selling brand new copies? Having to rush through the latter half of Black 1 for the remaining three months or so, just to complete the Unova Pokedex via GTS as per my original plan, was just stressful when grinding wasn't the easiest and the Gym Leaders were generally all wised up compared to previous generations. And before people ask me, I came back into Pokémon via Y and then got curious about BW1+2. And yes, I was one in the (what I think was) the majority who expected Nintendo would keep the DS Wi-Fi for what was then the foreseeable future, considering how Nintendo had continued servicing past consoles/handhelds way past their effective sales life.

(For example, the SNES's Nintendo Power ROM-writing services (at the Lawson Convenience Stores) was shut down six years after it's last game release (FE Thracia 776) in 2000. That's 2006 - when the Wii came out! Or how they accepted battery replacements for the original Game Boy until around 2010 (I think). Or when Nintendo stopped the Famicon Disk System in 1999, which by the time the N64 was well in its way.)

In those instances, I honestly knock out my partner's Pokemon so he sends out something better like his Torterra or Staraptor.

Also, his uhh, Munchlax... It doesn't even know Spit Up... Barry (game)/Platinum - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

What a terrible set! :ROFLMAO:

I remember this battle and I Actually remember the two admins killing all 6 of Barry's Pokemon in my game, was pretty funny but pretty cool as I technically had it as a 12v6 battle

Also I just assume Munchlax leads, as it's the only time you'll see it in your Pokedex

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom