• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I stopped for 10 years...

UnovaCastaway

I poke your snoot
Reaction score
... and now I'm back playing Pokemon! (and posting on Pokemon forums) Back when I was a 12 or 13-year-old junior high student, I played Silver, Crystal and Yellow, then went on hiatus.

Then I graduated high school, college and started grad school. That's when I found out about Black and White and all the exciting things they were bringing to the table. (and how HGSS made the very first Pokemon games I played even better) So, I invested in a DS, played HG, and am now working my way through Black.

My real name is Kristin and I live in NJ, USA. I'm a geek.

If any of you older people remember the old Poke forums, I was a REALLY active member of Pokemon Abode, and a slightly frequent poster on Universal Pokemon Network. I think I also joined the really old Bulbagarden boards too. My username was MoLtReS146 back then. Any veterans of those boards around here?

Nice intro.

Welcome to the forums! Have fun and enjoy.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums! Have a great time. I do hope to see you around here in the future, so, please, enjoy!

Oh my! Hello and be welcome! :)

I kinda went through the same process, you know! I was 12ish when I played Gold and Crystal, then I stopped and missed out on GenIII and most of GenIV. But the thing that drew me back was the Pokemon Special manga, not the games; though I admit it was just in time for HGSS (playing HG), and it helped me be on board to pick up GenV on the way ;-) (playing Black)

Well... I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

Welcome back to the world of Pokemon! Wow, that sounded like a regional professor .__.

Anyways, welcome to BMGf!

You came crawling back to the Pokémon games...just as planned *shades*

=P Welcome to the forums, have fun and join our antics sometime!

It's always good to have members of the old guard around.

Welcome!

I have a similar story to yours. I bought Pokemon Diamond about 7 months ago after a 10 year hiatus. (used to have Yellow). Anyway, logged 999+ hrs on Diamond, and I misplaced it recently, so I need to find it. But at least I have SS and White.

Welcome to the forums!
When you stopped Pokemon was when I became a fan. :eek:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom