• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I swear, this game is screwing with me...(lottery)

Reaction score
In the past ten or so days on the lottery in Jubilife, I have gotten the following...

- 2 Max Revives
- 4 some-odd EXP Shares
- 3 PP Ups

Now, it's understandable for me to win so often, seeing as how I have a lot of IDs built up (yay for Feebas/female Combees on the GTS), but it's my ridiculous bad luck with the "better" items that stands out here.

Normally, I wouldn't post such about thing, but today, the lottery number was one digit off of my own ID number (05279 - it was 65279). Which, IMO, is the ultimate "fuck you", given how Max Revives are a very unsuitable "first prize", and how I won that just a few days ago (and PP Ups are the second best prize, and they're fairly common! Not that I'm complaining about that, though.). Anyone else get this "bad good luck" when trying to get PP Ups from the lottery?

That's strange, I've never gotten a Max Revive before... tons of EXP shares, usually I get PP ups, and even a MasterBall or two, but never a Max Revive...

I only hate the EXP Shares. You can only use so many of them at a time, and you don't need that many extras to make up for accidentally trading them over the GTS. PPups are damn useful. And as for Masterballs and Max Revives, I collect them :D

I've never been so lucky as to win the lottery on there.
But I don't have have wifi, or access to it.

How many traded pokemon do you (anyone) actually have, though? I've about two boxes of different I.D numbers, but I don't have WiFi so I suppose it's a lot less than most people. And I've never got a max revive, let alone a masterball...

I get a lot of pp ups and max revives. Mainly because I went out of my way to get OTs of all the numbers from xxx00 to xxx99

Oh lol then you dont know the true joy of being sick. Anyway lol i got a lot of good itemsthrough the lottery. I one so far about 5 masterballs and tons of EXP shares on it thanks to the gts.

I've gotten mostly PP ups and quite a few EXP Shares from the lottery. I've only gotten the Max Revive twice.

I've never gotten the Master Ball. Ever. I swear to Primus, the gaming gods hate me. And worse? Prime has won the frakking Master Ball, not just once but twice. And he swears his luck sucks. :disgust: But then, he also went to the trouble of getting IDs ranging from xxx00 to xxx99, so...yeah, that probably has something to do with it....

Last edited:
I have only ever got a PP Up once. I tried this, but it did not work, but is it true that if you go to lottery area, save then do lottery and if you get nothing, you turn off and back on and try again and the number will be different than before? Never changed for me.

I have only ever got a PP Up once. I tried this, but it did not work, but is it true that if you go to lottery area, save then do lottery and if you get nothing, you turn off and back on and try again and the number will be different than before? Never changed for me.

No, it's not. The number changes with the day, not with every time you turn the game on.

Ive one 2 max revives, an exp.share, about 5 pp ups and 2-3 backdrops.. But never a masterball.. Im ALWAYS seeming to get 1 number off..

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom