• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I think Game Freak is trying to win back the Gen 1-3 crowd?

They aren't gonna win back people by including little throw backs throughout the play through because those people won't be playing the games to begin with.

I agree with you but it does seem like Game Freak has going out of the way to shoehorn Kanto Pokemon and references into X&Y. Maybe they are trying to win them back even though it's pointless as you said.

I think with there being a Youngster Joey and an "I like shorts" guy they really are, at the very least, aiming to pay service to long-term fans! I'm looking forward to discovering lots more nods as I play through :)!

They aren't gonna win back people by including little throw backs throughout the play through because those people won't be playing the games to begin with.

I agree with you but it does seem like Game Freak has going out of the way to shoehorn Kanto Pokemon and references into X&Y. Maybe they are trying to win them back even though it's pointless as you said.

I'm sure Gamefreak wold realise just as well as we do, at the very least, that that would be pointless. I'm certain Gamefreak knows by now that their targeted audience is safe, as not only can any age group enjoy the games, Gamefreak knows that newer fans continuously join Pokemon as older fans start leaving. In my eyes it's the perfect system, as they'll continue to have a wide fanbase, even when older fans are no longer faithful to the series.

To be frank, there is no anime without the games and you've even made several factually false statements such as the anime being what "sells the most"
Perhaps i didn't explained myself clearly, please forgive the poor english. I didn't mean "sell" as, monetary speaking. I meant "sell" as in "what's more appealing" Not only where i live, the pokemon games stopped being imported a long ago (not the case of anime) Still, i don't say that the games do not get sold, i try to say that since the anime is used a potential advertisment, including girl-characters so that girls also feel identify and see it (yes, i agree) There are alredy some countries that don't even buy the games anymore, just the anime (mine being of them) That has led me to think that odd changes like the ones discussed in this topic might have to be with a change of perspective or something from the staff; but if there is something i've learned is that the emission date doesn't always tell the truth. Another thing, please worry not about what others tell me, i'll make sure to chat with them whatever they want, let's concentrate on this, shall we? ^^

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom