• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I thought it was permanently banned...

TapLover

Reaction score
My brother got the "Essential Pokemon Book of Joy" for Easter, a book he wanted a while ago. Most of the images and quotes come from the first three seasons and the XY era, but there's something odd.

The page 76-77 quote is an odd choice; It's a Team Rocket quote (and golden-scaled image) from "The Mandarin Island Miss Match", an episode that has presembly been semi-wiped from extensive since thanks to its inclusion of Jynx. How did the compiler forget that? Odd...

P.S. The original theme (lyrics from the 2BA Master versions are scattered around throughout the book) has "Teach Pokemon to understand" written as "Each Pokemon to understand", which I now presume is the official lyric.

Last edited:
Because it isn't banned, the ep still exists, it's just not put on newer DVD sets. The only eps "banned" is the Porygon ep, the Dratini ep in the U.S., and the eps Japan didn't air like the Barboach filler or the TR/TP eps.

My brother got the "Essential Pokemon Book of Joy" for Easter, a book he wanted a while ago. Most of the images and quotes come from the first three seasons and the XY era, but there's something odd.

The page 71-72 quote is an odd choice; It's a Team Rocket quote (and golden-scaled image) from "The Mandarin Island Miss Match", an episode that has presembly been semi-wiped from extensive since thanks to its inclusion of Jynx. How did the compiler forget that? Odd...

P.S. The original theme (lyrics from the 2BA Master versions are scattered around throughout the book) has "Teach Pokemon to understand" written as "Each Pokemon to understand", which I now presume is the official lyric.
That episode was banned? When I watched the anime in LA Cartoon Network, they aired the episode normally, then again, "The Tower of Terror" and the Tentacruel episode also aired frequently even after 9/11, so...

That episode was banned? When I watched the anime in LA Cartoon Network, they aired the episode normally, then again, "The Tower of Terror" and the Tentacruel episode also aired frequently even after 9/11, so...

It was banned around 2014-2015, most likely because of Jynx. It wouldn't be surprising if the decision was made by TPCi (they banned a similar episode mere months ago), but @Dogasu had the theory that it could have been the Japan headquarters so as not to give a racist impression to foreigners because of the upcoming Olympic games.

It's apparently banned in Latin America too, as I recall reading some sources that said that the Jynx episodes weren't uploaded with the rest of Season 2 on Netflix on 2016, but I always forgot to check and nowadays Netflix only has Season 1. Is there a channel in your country that's currently airing Season 2 where you can check?

It's apparently banned in Latin America too, as I recall reading some sources that said that the Jynx episodes weren't uploaded with the rest of Season 2 on Netflix on 2016, but I always forgot to check and nowadays Netflix only has Season 1. Is there a channel in your country that's currently airing Season 2 where you can check?
I don't think so. Cartoon Network was the place where I watched it, which is why I find it weird. Specially since it would be only cartoon affected by something like that here as far as I know, since Tom & Jerry and Dragon Ball were also completely uncensored (well, kinda. We got the censored US version of Kai and nobody took it well).

Canal 4 from Repretel (which is from my country) was another channel that aired the anime. I think they aired every single episode that 4Kids translated, but I think they took it off the air recently. Not even Doblaje Wiki has any info about that.

What about that Passimian episode. Passimian is now banned from the anime cuz of that episode

What about that Passimian episode. Passimian is now banned from the anime cuz of that episode
Unlike with Porygon, I don't think anyone blamed Passimian for that incident. Then again, Porygon was used as a scapegoat when the one that caused the explosions was Pikachu, and we know they can't ban him (no matter how much I want that).

Unlike with Porygon, I don't think anyone blamed Passimian for that incident. Then again, Porygon was used as a scapegoat when the one that caused the explosions was Pikachu, and we know they can't ban him (no matter how much I want that).
Not really, it was the missile.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom