• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I want to ship them.... But can't

Advanceshipping. Love it, the background behind it, the fans, the fanfictions/art, the general idea, everything. I really do. But something just bugs me about it. Whether it's the feeling of nostalgia I get when I think of the pairing, or my personal belief that it lacks a canon backspine (/ is generally refutable), or something else, I don't know.

JamesxViolet(one of Misty's middle sisters) I feel like they would be cute together but just don't see it working,

I would like to ship AdvanceAzalee as much as I used to, but Amour, GeekChic, and FourthWheel/LittleSibling are so tempting to ship!

I would love to ship DualRivalShipping, but i really love RebelShipping, so i can't ;-;

Geekchicshipping- I really like both Serena and Clemont and they would look quite cute together, but Serena's crush on Ash is just so adorable that it feels really weird to ship these two. Plus I think Clemont would do better with some girl who is older than him (like Korrina probably), so it's really difficult to ship these two.

I really like GeekChicShipping too, but can't due to canon. AmourShipping is clearly gonna be a one-sided thing all the way even after XY's anime arc is done. It really sucks that reading fanfics about them doesn't feel as satisfying since it goes against what's official.

I really like GeekChicShipping too, but can't due to canon. AmourShipping is clearly gonna be a one-sided thing all the way even after XY's anime arc is done. It really sucks that reading fanfics about them doesn't feel as satisfying since it goes against what's official.
Yeah I can understand that. Those two would look really good together, and I had read some interesting theories on how it might work. But Serena is like really loyal towards Ash and she is giving so many hints of liking him, that it just feels plain weird to ship her with anyone else.

I'd like to ship ContestShipping, but man I can't get into this pairing no matter how much I try. I mean I get all the hints, but I just can't really "sync" to this pairing. Maybe it has to do with me disliking Drew and clichés.

Armorshipping. I loved Serena's character in the games (more so as your rival, obviously), so when she was being announced as one of Ash's companions, I thought it'd be interesting. Everyone wanted to say this was it, this was THE female companion that would make Ash suddenly realize he wasn't entirely asexual.

Instead, I cannot stand Anime!Serena at all. She's essentially there to be a love interest. She has very little personality, and little to nothing in common with the personality of her game self. The fact that she was just SHOVED into Ash's back story pisses me off to no end. She's like a badly disguised Mary Sue: she just shows up and goes 'DO YOU REMEMBER ME', and suddenly she was part of his childhood and he's never mentioned her before because...no specific reason, just 'didn't remember'. Yeah, all right.

I'm really, REALLY hoping they don't make the mistake of making it cannon. I want to like this pairing, but it just makes my blood boil whenever I see it/hear about it.

I agree with you. I'm just glad that she's not a tsundere.

Dualrivalshipping. I used to ship this, actually, but now the more I think about it the more I can't see it happening. I think they're better off as just friends, and it doesn't make their relationship any less meaningful or interesting IMO.

Dualrivalshipping. I used to ship this, actually, but now the more I think about it the more I can't see it happening. I think they're better off as just friends, and it doesn't make their relationship any less meaningful or interesting IMO.

Yeah, same here, i used to ship them so hard, but now i'm in love with Rebel, sooo

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom