• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I Wish Gen V Would Have Used Gen IV Graphics

JefferyJoseph

Reaction score
I can totally appreciate what GF was trying to do with the art style of Gen V, and I love the sweeping camera angles and such and the world feeling massive (as far as sky scrappers), but I really am having a hard time with the fuzzy graphics on my 'mons during battle, as well as feeling like it is a little more cartoonie (if that makes sense.)

Also, while the quicker speed is nice for fights, it almost feels a little too fast (if that makes sense too)

To me, I thought Platinum was the absolute pinnacle of the series with art style, 'mon choices, region variety, difficulty etc. I really like Black and White for what they try to do and for the story, but I really like the art style in Platinum the best and really wish I could freeze that style and simple bring the later game regions into it.

I'm just really struggling too with the 3D games, as I feel really blah inside trying to play them. I guess I'm old school in some sense. I love great 2D games, and the charm of that art style. Gen 5 was just a little off in that regard......if the 'mons were crisper, and the game speed slowed down just a bit.....it may have taken top stop for me. In the meantime, Platinum will be my favorite Pokemon game of all.

I can understand thinking that HGSS have the best "2D" graphics, but not DPPt. Unless you're talking about battles only, where they're identical.

gonna give you a hard disagree there friend, i really liked how the pace for battles was increased in BW, it made them feel high octane and not like my Ivysaur was stupidly staring at his opponent while they used Hyper Beam on his face.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom