• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

I wonder how salty the Eeveelution fanbase would be if...

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
over the course of the next three gens, a new Pokemon gets 7 evolutions.

For example say there is a fish Pokemon in Sword and Shield that could evolve into a water/fire, a water/ice, or a water/ghost. Then the next gen they give it a water/steel evolution and water/rock evolution. Then in gen ten they give it a water/dragon evolution and water/psychic evolution. In this scenario there is no new Eeveelution. How would people react during each step.

I'd personally like it.

as one of the Eevee fans, wouldn't affect me much either
do hope that if it ever happens, they look good - do love seeing new Pokemon and evolution and typings

(was thinking something worst... such as "Eevees never created" topic/scenario)

I'd love it. I've been wanting GF to do this with the elemental monkeys, but everyone hates them apparently so that's dead in the water I think :(

I'd love it. I've been wanting GF to do this with the elemental monkeys, but everyone hates them apparently so that's dead in the water I think :(
Aside from that, there's the fact that the eeveelutions already have those types and the monkeys were made to be more similar to the starters, seeing how their hidden abilities are Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.

FINALLY!!!! Something else rather than Vaporeon!!!!

I hate the eeveelutions btw

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be awesome. The more, the merrier. I love the options Eeveelutions present and I'd like to see that on a different kind of Pokemon... maybe a cute little baby dragon that evolves into different Pokemon. I think a dragon or a bird would be perfect, honestly, because they're distinct enough from a cute mammal, but also likely to be almost as universal as the mammalian Eeveelutions. They could have them for the "Physical" types. Like, we have the dragon evolve into Rock, Steel, Poison, etc. The types not covered by Eevee. Then they could complement each other.

I doubt Gamefreak would want to steal Eevee's thunder though, but it would definitely be interesting.

Aside from that, there's the fact that the eeveelutions already have those types and the monkeys were made to be more similar to the starters, seeing how their hidden abilities are Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent.

... Eevee is a starter ;)

I dare them to try, because they would fail just like with the Pikaclones. But then I guess those were never supposed to usurp Pikachu.

Okay, I'll make a correction: traditional starters. Maybe if they did what you say instead of going the "bootleg starters" route it could have worked.

Eevee has technically been a starter since Gen 1 -- you just couldn't personally access it. It also was a playable starter (in some form) twice in Gen 3, which is pretty early in the franchise lifespan.

I'd call it (and Pikachu) a secondary starter (vs the trios of primary starters), rather than bootleg. I guess maybe that's just semantics, but I think Eevee (and Pikachu) have a well-established niche as atypical but still relevant starters that shouldn't be diminished. They are, culturally and functionally, starters.

Eevee has technically been a starter since Gen 1 -- you just couldn't personally access it. It also was a playable starter (in some form) twice in Gen 3, which is pretty early in the franchise lifespan.

I'd call it (and Pikachu) a secondary starter (vs the trios of primary starters), rather than bootleg. I guess maybe that's just semantics, but I think Eevee (and Pikachu) have a well-established niche as atypical but still relevant starters that shouldn't be diminished. They are, culturally and functionally, starters.
Eevee and Pikachu have been the most popular Pokemon for a really long time, so it makes sense

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom