• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Icaruspedia soars into NIWA: Kid Icarus-based wiki joins

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Icaruspedia soars into NIWA: Kid Icarus-based wiki joins

Icaruspedia, a wiki focused on the Kid Icarus series, joined NIWA today. Icaruspedia has joined to become the twentieth wiki in the group. This join date coincides with the English release of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Read more on Bulbanews

Why didn't they go with "WikIcarus"?

Last edited:
I'm glad they didn't. D: I hated the name "WiKirby", I'm glad IcarusPedia didn't do something so dumb too.

Are you going to do these horrible puns when ever a new wiki joins?

WikiIcarus is still a bit iffy. I'd prefer Wicarus.

As part of my new reign of tyranny on Bulbanews, I've instated a pun quota. Anyone who writes less than three punny articles a month is fired.

You better watch out, @adyniz...

Three games is enough to warrent a wiki really I mean Pikmin had only to but they had a bunch of text in the logs and such to justify it.

I also thought "Wikirby" is an odd name, and while I did expect an Icaruspedia thanks to the new games, I didn't guess it at all for some reason. I'm going to guess the new 'pedia next week will be about Rhythm Heaven, 'cause they also have three released games.

Thanks for reading.

I'm going to guess the new 'pedia next week will be about Rhythm Heaven, 'cause they also have three released games.

I can see it now...

Rhythm Heaven Wiki dances into NIWA: Rhythm Heaven based wiki joins.

It's doubtful that Ice Climbers will get their own wiki, considering that they only have one game dedicated to them (the titular Ice Climbers), as their only other games are actually crossovers, like the Smash series. I also don't see how much stuff a single game would cover, considering the gameplay is really simple. If they're going to be more in-depth about the Smash series to beef up their wiki, it's better to leave it to the Smash wiki for that. In fact, I think Ice Climbers are popular only because they are Smash fighters. Balloon Fight deserves a wiki more, because at least they have more games under that name (the original, GB's Balloon Kid and Tingle's version).

Of course, there's a chance I may be wrong, but I think that if they're going for Ice Climbers, they might as well cover the other NES classics along with them, like Balloon Fight.

Oh, there's another possibility of a Nintendo franchise as a wiki: Punch-Out.

Thanks for reading.

I was just kidding about the Ice Climbers, though they do need another game, maybe with 3D Mountain climbing... and stuff.

Wikipunchout steals my bike (and rides to NIWA)

Suffixing “pedia” is plainly unoriginal when not appended directly after a dominant vowel (such as Bulba or Wiki), muchless after a quirky consonant like S, thus WikIcarus would've worked way better. 'Nuff said bro :3.

I'm going to guess the new 'pedia next week will be about Rhythm Heaven, 'cause they also have three released games.

I can see it now...

Rhythm Heaven Wiki dances into NIWA: Rhythm Heaven based wiki joins.

Wikiceclimbers...er... climbs?... into NIWA.
Since chances are that I'll be writing the next article, I should start planning what horrific pun I'll be using. However, I'd like to do something different this time rather than just a method of moving.

So the next one is Dragon Quest Wiki. That was unexpected because it's not a Nintendo franchise, but I think it's a fine addition to the ever-growing Alliance!

That's it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom