• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Idea: One-Shot RPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Mew

Level 7
Reaction score
It's popular elsewhere, but I haven't seen it much (or at all, actually) here. Is there any interest in our community in One-Shot RPs?

One-Shot RP: Essentially, a brief, quickly organized roleplay, often playing out over no more than a couple of scenes, designed to be simple enough to be started and finished in one-to-two (real-world) evenings.

It seems like a good idea, although there might be issues as well.

On the up side, it would be good for newer Rp'ers to get a sense of what RP'ing is like, and if they didnt like it, it would be short enough they could wrap it up quickle.

On the other hand, there's an issue that could arise. There might not be enough time for a plot to develop, like there is in normal RP's.

Overall, I like this idea.

This is an excellent idea. There is a certain other site where I go to do these types of RPs, despite my distaste for said site due to its strict (sometimes unwritten) forum rules. Sometimes I just don't feel like having a long, drawn-out roleplay with four or five other people and want something smaller. Having one-shots here would be great for people who have those kind of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom