• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Gen VI Pokemon

Imp-like that evolves into a vampire-like PKMN. Make him Ghost/Dark and give him access to all the draining attacks, including maybe a new Dark and/or Ghost version of Drain Punch. Give him an ability that boost draining abilities like the Big Root does.

I think they should do a Caracal Lynx:
Baby Caracal Lynx
16iywkn.jpg

Fully Grown Caracal Lynx
jkvz9j.jpg

I also think it would be cool if this could be considered a parallel to Houndoom by being a Dark/Fire type and being the first feline of any sort to have the Fire-Typing.

Imp-like that evolves into a vampire-like PKMN. Make him Ghost/Dark and give him access to all the draining attacks, including maybe a new Dark and/or Ghost version of Drain Punch. Give him an ability that boost draining abilities like the Big Root does.
Yes pls
A Dark 75BP signature drain move. AFAIK Dark doesn't even have a drain move.

That lynx reminds me, I know we have plenty of cats, but I'd love a ground type one based on Sand Cats, because they're adorable.
6a010535647bf3970b0133f48030d8970b-800wi

I want a Pokemon based on the internet. No, not technology, like Porygon and Mewtwo, I'm talking about the Internet, the place with stick figures, memes, comics, images, videos, and more. To a lesser extent, it also has a lot of information, which is perfect for people who like to procrastinate. But I'm getting off-topic here; I want a Pokemon that has at least 1 reference to some sort of popular meme or video. It doesn't have to be on the Pokemon itself; it could be in the Pokedex entry, in the location (maybe a wild cat-like Pokemon is found standing by a piano?), or maybe even in the cry.

I want a Pokemon based on the internet. No, not technology, like Porygon and Mewtwo, I'm talking about the Internet, the place with stick figures, memes, comics, images, videos, and more. To a lesser extent, it also has a lot of information, which is perfect for people who like to procrastinate. But I'm getting off-topic here; I want a Pokemon that has at least 1 reference to some sort of popular meme or video. It doesn't have to be on the Pokemon itself; it could be in the Pokedex entry, in the location (maybe a wild cat-like Pokemon is found standing by a piano?), or maybe even in the cry.
It would probably have to be a meme popular in Japan.

I think they should do a Caracal Lynx:
Baby Caracal Lynx
16iywkn.jpg

Fully Grown Caracal Lynx
jkvz9j.jpg

I also think it would be cool if this could be considered a parallel to Houndoom by being a Dark/Fire type and being the first feline of any sort to have the Fire-Typing.

While a Caracal pokemon would be awesome, as of this gen it would no longer be the first fire-typed feline, thanks to Litleo. I'd love to see a Caracal/Lynx based on the American Indian mythology of it being the keeper of secrets. Would be cool, and a possible Fairy/Psychic mon? The 'guardian' of secrets would relate to fairy, while clairvoyance would relate to the Psychic type. It would also then be a more fitting counterpart to Houndoom, as they would each have a type supereffective against the other (assuming the Fairy>Dark rumour is true)

I'd like a pokemon to come inbetween Riolu and Lucario. I always felt that the little baby Riolu shouldn't turn into the awesome Lucario. Also, there should really be a dark/electric and ghost/electric type pokémon.

Tapatalk Signature? Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

I would like to see a single-staged, dark/fairy coyote pokemon. The new fairy-type has connections to the moon via moonblast (existing moon-related moves could also be retyped to fairy, who knows) which is shared by the coyote since they're commonly depicted howling during a full moon. They're also described as being mischievous and tricksters hence the dark type. Maybe throw in it's clown-like behavior & playfulness, & the "song dog" nickname too..?
You can have a trickster 'mon that likes to use song to manipulate others for fun.

Or something.

There's quite a bit of mythology to go off of. As long as it wasn't a shapeshifter I'd be okay. The shapeshifting canid shtick belongs to zorua/zoroark.

I would like to see a single-staged, dark/fairy coyote pokemon. The new fairy-type has connections to the moon via moonblast (existing moon-related moves could also be retyped to fairy, who knows) which is shared by the coyote since they're commonly depicted howling during a full moon. They're also described as being mischievous and tricksters hence the dark type. Maybe throw in it's clown-like behavior & playfulness, & the "song dog" nickname too..?
You can have a trickster 'mon that likes to use song to manipulate others for fun.

Or something.

There's quite a bit of mythology to go off of. As long as it wasn't a shapeshifter I'd be okay. The shapeshifting canid shtick belongs to zorua/zoroark.

So basically an Absol? (Single staged, dark, some back story and stuff...)

Anyway, on the topic of having type combinations with Fairy, there are many cool ones here mentioned, but has anyone thought of a Fairy/Fighting type?
For some reason, I can't imagine one that would look realistic.

Or something.

So basically an Absol? (Single staged, dark, some back story and stuff...)

Anyway, on the topic of having type combinations with Fairy, there are many cool ones here mentioned, but has anyone thought of a Fairy/Fighting type?
For some reason, I can't imagine one that would look realistic.

No.
Aside from being single-staged and sharing a type, the two would really have nothing in common. Absol is a kutabe and has connections to the black cats, yin-yang, and disasters. This coyote pokemon, however, would be canine (of course) and would be more of a prankster/trickster. A better comparison would have been to the zorua line, which are dark-typed, tricksters, and canine.

A fairy-typed coyote, I imagine, would be more akin to how many (but not all) fairies are depicted in folklore: creatures that can cause harm and mischief and mainly do so for their amusement or some other need.
Where it goes from there may vary depending on what other characteristics you throw in there..
In some stories the coyote is a transformer. This could mean that coyote is a shapeshifter or this could mean that the coyote has the ability to alter the landscape (raise mountains, change the direction of streams/rivers... maybe change the weather, etc). Nix the shapeshifting aspect [so as not to not tread on the zorua-line's toes too much] and you have a fairy that could alter, say, the paths in a forest or the location of potential landmarks. Victims of this fairy could find themselves lost in the woods for extended periods of time. Why? Well it depends on what our fairy 'mon wants.. food (could be the victim itself or something said victim has), laughs, trinkets, whatever.. Some fairies actively lure victims into their territory, so let's say our fairy 'mon does that too. Coyotes are sometimes referred to as "songdogs" and are recognized often by their calls, so let's say that's how the fairy 'mon lures trainers or other pokemon into it's territory. At this point the fairy 'mon sounds a little like the Pied Piper (to me anyway)... so the pokedex entry could link the fairy's presence and song-making around human settlements to the disappearances of the local rodents (e.g. rattata, bidoof, patrat, ...), family pets, livestock (e.g. miltank, mareep, ...), or young children.
Now that I think about it, a fairy coyote could easily be pure-typed. Dual-type status would depend on what stories are used and how malevolent or benevolent the fairy 'mon is... for example, malevolent fairies are probably more likely to be typed fairy/dark or fairy/ghost.

And then jumping off of that idea...!
We can also have a livestock guardian dog pokemon based off of mop dogs like the Komondor or the Bergamasco Shepherd! It could be steel or steel/normal (here's hoping that steel is effective against fairy) and would be the "rival" of the fairy coyote. The guardian dog would be the type of pokemon employed for settlements that are frequented by our fairy coyote.

I want a kaiju-like Pokemon. I know we've already gotten that with Tyranitar, but I want something along the lines of Knifehead from Pacific Rim, perhaps as a Water/Dragon type:

knifehead1.jpg

I'd also like a leopard seal Pokemon. Don't know what kind of typing that'd be. Probably Ice/Water or something.

I'd like to see some sort of odinic wanderer Pokemon. Like some sort of fairy/psychic type or fairy/ice type who has a gray wizard's hat.

Ice/Flying Reindeer
Fighting kangaroo with boxing gloves
A genie in a bottle
An electric cat with puffed up fur
A rock/fighting saber tooth tiger

With all the talk of us needing a Dark/Fairy, I say they turn the Disaster Pokémon Absol into a Dark/Fairy, slap a pre-evo on him and let him rip. I wish we knew more about the Fairy type interaction, I feel weird guessing on them blindly.

Oh and can Sableye please evolve. I hate Spiritomb, he's weird and ugly looking. Please help my little Gollum/Stitch mutant be better.

Also can we get a third option on Dark/Water types? Maybe like a weird Leach.

Last edited:
I would like to see a Pokémon based on a hammerhead shark. I've imagined its two ends of the head would be shaped like the part of tool hammers. It would have metal around its head and mid-body to be Water-Steel.

I would absolutely love to see a Water/Fairy Hippocampus pokemon, possibly with the rearranged stats of Rapidash to act as a counterpart to the fiery unicorn. I wouldn't mind though if it was the evolved form of Skrelp and became a cross between a hippocampus and a weedy sea dragon (thus keeping the Water/Poison typing), as I doubt they'd do two seahorse-esque families in one gen.

I want a pokemon that starts as a small weak looking psychic type with high specials and low physical but has an ability called berserker (or something like that) that would work similar to zen mode that makes it so at half health it gains fighting type, switches physical and special stats and turns into a strong looking form.

That would be a great Sableye evolution, I mean Sableye is Ghost/Dark and Imp-like, like you said.

Back
Top Bottom