• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Hoenn and Let's Go Sinnoh

The entire point of Let’s Go was being a casual entry. If GameFreak’s thought process decided that even ORAS, a perfectly traditional entry could not have a battle frontier because casual players won’t touch it, it’s counterproductive for them in their own mindset to add it to a game specifically made for casual players.

Let’s Go’s point of being a separate series was having a comparatively casual series.

I personally doubt anything further than Let’s Go Johto would be a thing,

Except we're talking about games that will be released 10+ years after ORAS and who knows what the Let's Go series will have evolved into. They are defined by Go mechanics/compatibility and nostalgia (at the expense of compatibility with the traditional games) more than anything else.

I personally couldn't care less about most of the Battle Frontier, but the Tower and Factory are hardly inaccessible to casual players.

I have to agree with @PkmnTrainerV on this. If ORAS didn't have the Battle Frontier, I doubt anything in the Let's Go series (if it becomes a series) will have it.

But I still have some slight hopes that they could change their mind down the road. Because Let's Go does have the potential to become a sub series for all the fans, rather than casual players only.

Last edited:
About Pokemon Go? Apps lose relevancy quicker than franchises in this time and age.
A Battle Frontier in Let's Go either way goes directly against the concept of the games.

It all boils down to: it seems to be too early for a Let's Go Hoenn. We don’t even know if a second instalment is confirmed. For all we know it might be a one off.

It's the second top grossing app on iTunes Charts right now. Who knows what the future holds, but let's not act as if the clock is ticking. If Go dies, you can be sure that some other app will replace it somehow.

And the "no features that were cut from ORAS" reasoning was applied to gym leader rematches before LGPE's release. Once again, the Battle Tower and Factory wouldn't scare anyone away.

It's the second top grossing app on iTunes Charts right now. Who knows what the future holds, but let's not act as if the clock is ticking. If Go dies, you can be sure that some other app will replace it somehow.

That’s the entire point, isn’t it? 10 years is a pretty long duration of time, enough for Pokemon Go (whose mechanics defined LGPE for you) to die.
10 years is literally 2/3 of the current age of the iTunes Store.

Which comes back to my point that if we cannot use GameFreak's present ideology because the games are 10 years away, we cannot use anything to determine its features and the discussion becomes pointless.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if a "casual" ease of use version of the Battle Frontier was implemented. Yes, that goes against the "point" but if one of the selling points of Let's Go is nostalgia, then I doubt Game Freak would care aside from having an extra area with old characters to explore for fans.

However, I kinda doubt Let's Go Skitty & Let's Go Wailord will become a thing to begin with. Little early to think about, and would need to have some more distance from ORAS.

A more casual take on the Battle Frontier, to go more in line with Let's Go's more casual-oriented nature, isn't exactly what I want, but I would gladly take it. I am that desperate for a new Battle Frontier.

But I think this does bring an interesting point. Which is that, casual fans don't necessarily want a game with less content, especially when said content is entirely optional.

I think what casual players actually want is more easy-to-get-into content. And therefore simplifying the Battle Frontier would be a much better option than outright erasing it.

That said, it is obvious that GameFreak doesn't understand that.

Last edited:
True. There is no way that the Master Trainers are easier to access than the Battle Factory. As a casual player myself (as far as grinding and competitive battling go), the Battle Factory and rental teams are ideal for me.

I'm pretty sure that the Battle Tower will replace Master Trainers in Let's Go Johto, although they might be blended in somehow.

By the way, 2024 is 5 years away - not 10. There is a thread about Unova remakes.

I just had an idea for a "Let's Go style" Battle Factory:

It would be just like the Battle Factory in Emerald, but instead of choosing 3 out of 6 random Pokémon, you would be able to choose 3 Pokémon among all the Fully Evolved Pokémon available in the game. This, coupled with the absence of Abilities and maybe even (but not necessarily) Held Items, would make for a very casual friendly Battle Factory.

I hope you are right about Crystal's Battle Tower replacing Master Trainers, UnownSeer, because otherwise I will completely lose interest in the Let's Go series. No matter how much I like the artstyle, overworld Pokémon and the more Anime-like direction of LGPE, no postgame battle facility is a complete turn off, and an instant no-buy for me.

Last edited:
True. There is no way that the Master Trainers are easier to access than the Battle Factory. As a casual player myself (as far as grinding and competitive battling go), the Battle Factory and rental teams are ideal for me.

I'm pretty sure that the Battle Tower will replace Master Trainers in Let's Go Johto, although they might be blended in somehow.

By the way, 2024 is 5 years away - not 10. There is a thread about Unova remakes.
There's probably a thread about Galar remakes just below it.

There's probably a thread about Galar remakes just below it.
No way; that's not gonna happen until gen 16!!!
For the pattern of the MOST Recent NON-KANTO Remakes(Meaning; Not Including gen 3's Firered & Leafgreen NOR including Gen 7's Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee) nor will it include the potential future Split up Third Version games of the Let's Go Subseries(I.E. Yellow being Split into Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee; Crystal could be split into Let's Go Togepi & Let's Go Marill; Emerald could get split into Let's Go Plusle & Let's Go Minun; I'm not sure which pokemon they could use for the Let's go Sinnoh games; that splits the 3rd version game Platinum in half. . .)
Gen 4: Gen 2 Remakes
Gen 6: Gen 3 Remakes
And Most likely
Gen 8: Gen 4 Remakes
and here's my ideas for how the Pattern will continue:
Gen 10: Gen 5 Remakes
Gen 12: Gen 6 Remakes
Gen 14: Gen 7 Remakes(shudders)
Gen 16: Gen 8 Remakes

If Sinnoh gets a Let's Go style remake in the future, I am sure it will simplify and overhaul every dungeon in the region.

Not that I would necessarily mind it. I hate Sinnoh's caves.

If Sinnoh gets a Let's Go style remake in the future, I am sure it will simplify and overhaul every dungeon in the region.

Not that I would necessarily mind it. I hate Sinnoh's caves.
The only one that it will possibly get redesigned completely is Mt. Coronet and possibly Stark Mountain, at least, that's what I think since those are one of the few places I have to use a map to get around instead of just using one just to find every single trainer. Even Wayward Cave is not that bad as those two places since the route towards Mira is actually pretty simple and I have it almost completely memorized.

The only one that it will possibly get redesigned completely is Mt. Coronet and possibly Stark Mountain, at least, that's what I think since those are one of the few places I have to use a map to get around instead of just using one just to find every single trainer. Even Wayward Cave is not that bad as those two places since the route towards Mira is actually pretty simple and I have it almost completely memorized.
I have to disagree. Mt. Coronet, Stark Mountain, Solaceon Ruins, Wayward Cave and the snowy route will all need fixing, imo. Also Distortion World, if it is included.

But I am almost sure Let's Go Sinnoh will not happen, so this is all a hypothetical matter.

I have to disagree. Mt. Coronet, Stark Mountain, Solaceon Ruins, Wayward Cave and the snowy route will all need fixing, imo. Also Distortion World, if it is included.

But I am almost sure Let's Go Sinnoh will not happen, so this is all a hypothetical matter.
I forgot about Route 217, but the problems are mostly because the snow slows you down, hail is permanent and it's pretty wide. Otherwise, it's a straightforward route since you can only go north and south.

Solaceon Ruins's case is kinda weird. The only reasons you had to visit it is because there's an HM there and to register Unown in the Pokédex. Since HMs are long gone and will possibly stay that way I'm more curious what they are going to do with it to keep it relevant.

I also forgot about the Distortion World, but now that I think about it, fixing it will possibly remove the only thing that sets it apart from other places, and that is how weird that place is.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom