• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't. I hope it feels less tacked on than the Meltan line.

ItalianBaptist

Informed Casual
Reaction score
Add another tally to the list of "it's never gonna happen but we can dream, right?"

One game is released, simply titled, "Pokemon: Let's Go to Johto".

As the game starts, Professor Oak welcomes you to the world of Pokemon. After asking if you're a boy or girl, Oak asks you to select a mentor. Your options are Candela, Blanche and Spark, redone in the Let's Go chibi style. They appear at various intervals throughout the game, mainly helping you and Lance prevent Team Rocket from re-emerging since they give "Teams" a bad name.

This seemingly cosmetic choice serves a greater purpose, however. Each mentor ties you into a specific set of version exclusives, including a special legendary beast that takes over the role of Suicune. You can pretty easily guess which beast is tied to which mentor but they all work the same way. The choice also reintroduces Black and White 2's difficulty levels, only this time without the convoluted Memory Link system. So one mentor serves as "easy mode", one is "challenge mode", and one is the difficulty we're typically used to.

At the end of your journey, you go to Mt. Silver and gain some more insight on a nearly 20 year mystery. Up on the peak right behind Red, there's a familiar looking rip in the dimensional continuum. Ultra Wormholes are back!!! After finally defeating Red, you can jump freely between the three different universes (Valorverse, Mysticverse, Instinctverse?), meet and battle the other two mentors, and catch the version exclusives that weren't available during your badge quest. The postgame problem isn't completely solved but it's a step in the right direction.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, if there's something they could do with a Let's Go Johto game, is giving Elm an identity. Seriously, it's pretty obvious that he was added at the pretty end of GSC's development considering how Oak acts more like a regional professor than him.

Silktree

Hardship
Reaction score
@ItalianBaptist It's a nice idea, but I wouldn't like it if you had to hop through the multiverse to obtain all three beasts. Plus, it seems that Eusine's thunder would be stolen this way.

Now that I think about it, if there's something they could do with a Let's Go Johto game, is giving Elm an identity. Seriously, it's pretty obvious that he was added at the pretty end of GSC's development considering how Oak acts more like a regional professor than him.
I think that's selling him short since he was tied to breeding, which is a lot more concrete than just saying a few words about the Pokemon distribution in Hoenn or being one of the many people who discuss Team Plasma's plans. Since breeding wasn't new anymore in HGSS, he was also linked to following Pokemon and it even turned out that he was helping the Kimono Girls find a suitable trainer.

He just needs to step outside his lab at least once to practice what he teaches, and following Pokemon could use more depth in general.