• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

prog rocker

Reaction score
Maybe they could try to make it more balanced? From what I know, picking the Eevee version has more advantages than picking the Pikachu one. So I feel it has to be two well-known Johto Pokémon that shouldn't have massive advantages over the other. Which is kinda problematic since the Pokémon I mentioned have been turned into Fairies. Thanks Gen VI!

Unown Seer

Silktree?
Reaction score
Fairy is neutral to itself and Water is Marill's primary type. I don't see the problem; these wouldn't be traditional starters.

I don't want to see Ho-Oh or Lugia as a mascot for the third time, personally. It wouldn't be the best way to call attention to the games being different. Two of the beasts would be fair game, though.

Last edited:

prog rocker

Reaction score
Fairy is neutral to itself and Water is Marill's primary type. I don't see the problem; these wouldn't be traditional starters.

I don't want to see Ho-Oh or Lugia as a mascot for the third time, personally. It wouldn't be the best way to call attention to the games being different. Two of the beasts would be fair game, though.
I don't think they will pick Legendaries, since I think one of the main points of the game is the relationship between the starter and the Trainer. So I guess it will be the starters on the box.

Unown Seer

Silktree?
Reaction score
The beasts are pretty much the only legendaries that fit the relationship theme along with Ho-Oh, so I think it could work with some care. Even in Crystal, Suicune showed up three times before the actual battle. If you draw out each encounter with a cutscene and add a few more (have the beast show up near New Bark Town like in the anime?), the relationship will feel right.

Not that I'd mind an adorable partner (that stays unevolved), but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Look at my avatar and pretend that Houndoom is one of the beasts.

Desdar300

Reaction score
I think Elekid and Magby could make for interesting partners.
They mirror each other in many ways too.

Desdar300

Reaction score
I know they're pretty popular in Japan but not on the same level as Togepi or Pichu.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
There's a problem with restricting Togepi as starter in both versions. There'll be no 'cool' starter. In LGPE both starters can be viewed as both 'cute' and 'cool', but the cool factor would be missing.

They could have beasts on the box, Pikachu and Eevee as starters, with the Johto starters obtained shortly after.

Pangy

kinda an anime guy
Reaction score
They should definitely add in battling wild pokémon. You can use the Pokémon go throwing technique, just after.

ItalianBaptist

Informed Casual
Reaction score
Going back to a “new Meltan” idea, I agree with y’all that it should be more natural to show off the differences between classical Johto and technological Kanto.

Why not resurrect a few of those beta mons from the GS demo now that it’s a thing. If there’s a way to make them version exclusive we could have Kotora and Raitora for the “Gold version” and Wolfman and Warwolf for the “Silver version”.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Going back to a “new Meltan” idea, I agree with y’all that it should be more natural to show off the differences between classical Johto and technological Kanto.

Why not resurrect a few of those beta mons from the GS demo now that it’s a thing. If there’s a way to make them version exclusive we could have Kotora and Raitora for the “Gold version” and Wolfman and Warwolf for the “Silver version”.
I don't know if Wolfman and Warwolf have a chance to tell the truth. They were possibly turned into Snorunt and Swinub during development.

dig

----
Reaction score
I don't know if Wolfman and Warwolf have a chance to tell the truth. They were possibly turned into Snorunt and Swinub during development.
Eh. There's lots of Pokemon that are pretty similar. The amount of very plain birds tells me that a beta-mon could be re purposed infinitely.