• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

235px-SugimoriEggs.png

Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Elekid.

Both baby Pokemon of an initial 2 stage evolution line evolving via happiness and a 3rd stage that got added in Gen 4 using a new item based mechanic, and keeping the Electric/Normal matchup from the originals

235px-SugimoriEggs.png

Let's Go Togepi and Let's Go Elekid.

Both baby Pokemon of an initial 2 stage evolution line evolving via happiness and a 3rd stage that got added in Gen 4 using a new item based mechanic, and keeping the Electric/Normal matchup from the originals

I feel it would make more sense to have magby and elekid since they are pretty much counterparts.

No offence to Magby line fans (I like Magmar myself), but it doesn’t really have that kind of cute box mascot appeal.

If Let's Go Johto happens I think they’ll take the simple Red/Blue path and give the box mascot status to any two starters.

Maybe even giving johto starters some sweet megas! Spread the word if you love Chikorita! #BuffChikorita
I love Chikorita, did I mention that? :D

I said it in my thread but I guess I can say it here, this is a great opportunity to buff Chikorita!

I guess that the big question is if they'd introduce new Megas in Let's Go games, considering that they didn't that for LGPE. But of course, Kanto already has 15 Megas and 18 variants, while Johto only has 6 of the former.

I really hope that you can use Pokemon in the game that were available after Gen2. Even if you can only transfer them from Pokemon Go after you have defeated the Elite four or something.

I really hope that you can use Pokemon in the game that were available after Gen2. Even if you can only transfer them from Pokemon Go after you have defeated the Elite four or something.

Agreed. LGPE not having the cross-gen evolutions is really such a :bulbaFacepalm:

I'm writing a fanfic which has Whitney in it, when it occurred to me: what would happen to the Goldenrod Gym? Would they replace the now-pure-Fairy-types (Clefairy and Snubull) with other cute Normal-types (I once saw someone suggest that if Johto came out today, Goldenrod Gym would be shaped like a Jigglypuff), or would they change it to a Fairy-type gym to match the aesthetic?

The gym was just pink in HGSS. The aesthetic is less important than the type, and specifically Miltank.

They could just replace Whitney's Clefairy with Jigglypuff and call it a day. I hope that they add a third Pokemon like Furret.

The gym was just pink in HGSS. The aesthetic is less important than the type, and specifically Miltank.

They could just replace Whitney's Clefairy with Jigglypuff and call it a day. I hope that they add a third Pokemon like Furret.
Maybe a Smeargle to symbolise the normal type’s versatility.

Revised teams:

Falkner: Hoothoot, Natu, Pidgeotto
Bugsy: Pineco, Ariados, Scyther
Whitney: Jigglypuff, Smeargle, Miltank
Morty: Gastly, Haunter, Misdreavus, Gengar
Chuck: Primeape, Hitmontop, Poliwrath, Heracross
Jasmine: Magneton, Forretress, Skarmory, Steelix
Pryce: Dewgong, Sneasel, Piloswine, Mamoswine
Clair: Dragonair, Gyarados, Ampharos, Kingdra

Will: Slowking, Jynx, Exeggutor, Espeon, Xatu
Koga: Tentacruel, Forretress, Muk, Venomoth, Crobat
Bruno: Hitmontop, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Ursaring, Machamp
Karen: Umbreon, Honchkrow, Weavile, Houndoom, Tyranitar
Lance: Charizard, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Dragonite, Regional Yanmega, Mega Feraligatr (the latter two being part Dragon-type)

Let's Go Pichu & Let's Go Togepi is most likely to me. Pichu allows GF to continue to inadvertently have a mascot Pikachu, and Togepi is the most well known out of the baby Pokemon, especially to anime viewers. While some of the other Johto mons have appeal such as Teddiursa or even Aipom, aside from Marill they aren't as well known or marketable.

To add to this, they are both the most well known baby Pokemon in a generation which introduced the mechanic. I can see the journey beginning with Elm giving you either of their eggs, which hatch at the start or after walking around New Bark for a little while after some cutscenes/event.

As far as trainers go, they could reintroduce Kris in these games, which isn't in the realm of impossibility after Green's debut. If they go the route of new protagonist, then I wonder who gets to fight Red on Mt.Silver? Maybe it'll be Ethan this time who's waiting at the top?

@Unown Seer

I was wondering how the dex would be handled giving all the cross gen evolutions shared with Gen 4. I suppose it would make sense to include them, as a way to not rely on Kanto mons as much.

Regional Yanmega

:lapras: lol Bug/Dragon would be interesting. One of the biggest things to look forwards to these hypothetical games for me is the aesthetics and the music. Johto had fantastic atmosphere, and some of those traditional Japanese instruments would really be mesmerizing on a play-through.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom