• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

Maybe they could try to make it more balanced? From what I know, picking the Eevee version has more advantages than picking the Pikachu one. So I feel it has to be two well-known Johto Pokémon that shouldn't have massive advantages over the other. Which is kinda problematic since the Pokémon I mentioned have been turned into Fairies. Thanks Gen VI!

Fairy is neutral to itself and Water is Marill's primary type. I don't see the problem; these wouldn't be traditional starters.

I don't want to see Ho-Oh or Lugia as a mascot for the third time, personally. It wouldn't be the best way to call attention to the games being different. Two of the beasts would be fair game, though.

Last edited:
Fairy is neutral to itself and Water is Marill's primary type. I don't see the problem; these wouldn't be traditional starters.

I don't want to see Ho-Oh or Lugia as a mascot for the third time, personally. It wouldn't be the best way to call attention to the games being different. Two of the beasts would be fair game, though.
I don't think they will pick Legendaries, since I think one of the main points of the game is the relationship between the starter and the Trainer. So I guess it will be the starters on the box.

The beasts are pretty much the only legendaries that fit the relationship theme along with Ho-Oh, so I think it could work with some care. Even in Crystal, Suicune showed up three times before the actual battle. If you draw out each encounter with a cutscene and add a few more (have the beast show up near New Bark Town like in the anime?), the relationship will feel right.

Not that I'd mind an adorable partner (that stays unevolved), but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Look at my avatar and pretend that Houndoom is one of the beasts.

I think Elekid and Magby could make for interesting partners.
They mirror each other in many ways too.

I know they're pretty popular in Japan but not on the same level as Togepi or Pichu.

There's a problem with restricting Togepi as starter in both versions. There'll be no 'cool' starter. In LGPE both starters can be viewed as both 'cute' and 'cool', but the cool factor would be missing.

They could have beasts on the box, Pikachu and Eevee as starters, with the Johto starters obtained shortly after.

They should definitely add in battling wild pokémon. You can use the Pokémon go throwing technique, just after.

Going back to a “new Meltan” idea, I agree with y’all that it should be more natural to show off the differences between classical Johto and technological Kanto.

Why not resurrect a few of those beta mons from the GS demo now that it’s a thing. If there’s a way to make them version exclusive we could have Kotora and Raitora for the “Gold version” and Wolfman and Warwolf for the “Silver version”.

Going back to a “new Meltan” idea, I agree with y’all that it should be more natural to show off the differences between classical Johto and technological Kanto.

Why not resurrect a few of those beta mons from the GS demo now that it’s a thing. If there’s a way to make them version exclusive we could have Kotora and Raitora for the “Gold version” and Wolfman and Warwolf for the “Silver version”.
I don't know if Wolfman and Warwolf have a chance to tell the truth. They were possibly turned into Snorunt and Swinub during development.

If nothing else, we need that round electric tiger canonized

But seriously though, if Let's Go Johto is a thing, the big things I want are:

-Making Johto more open, like what LGPE did with Kanto
-Cross-gen evolutions
-Abilities and hold items
-Less faithfulness to the original region design
-More original music (there's no reason TR/Giovanni to have their own themes now, especially since USUM just gave the latter one)
-Options to use motion controls or gyro in Docked
-Give Johto mons more presence, and move some of them to Johto
-Fleshing out the story and making Archer's plan less pathetic

i must say that i've gotten a bit less enthusiastic about the possibility of Let's go 2 (even though i would still love such a game), because as we've seen, they're already carrying some of the Let's go features over into Sword & Shield (overworld encounters, Go compatibility to an extent, poké ball plus functionality to an extent). does that not rather suggest that they're hoping SwoShi will appeal to people who were drawn in by Let's go, and get them on board with the standard games? like, i couldn't help but notice that the entry on Abilities on the SwoShi site is written as if Abilities are an entirely new element (i mean, the fact that there's an entry on them at all is kind of unusual). i wonder how much benefit there would ultimately be in continuing Lets go as a separate series as opposed to just carefully carrying enough elements over from that side into the main games in order to appeal to LG people without upsetting established players (granted, a lot of them are already enraged anyway, but for a different reason)

that said... Poké ball ++ GS containing celebi, $50 per unit, compatible with Pokémon (G)o and Pokémon (S)leep, just waiting to be manufactured... they gonna' just let that pass?

Last edited:
  • Smoother level curve, higher-level wild mons
  • Proper two-player - let us do more things than walk around the overworld like ghosts and join in battles
Pretty much.

just some scattered ideas about how they could materially translate some gen 2 stuff into a Go style:

• rework the bug catching contest to be about who can get the highest catch combo. make it 2-player compatible
  • bring in eggs, certainly, but do we add breeding? perhaps not - the Go style is supposed to emphasize catching, so i feel like breeding would kind of defeat the point. i think it would be fine if there were some other way to receive eggs, though, like as a reward for something. and maybe you could send them over to the poké ball +(+ GS; you know you want to do it, Game freak) to hatch them faster
  • swarms would go hand-in-hand with catch combos. i feel like it would be a lot more rewarding to go to a route where you've heard about a swarm and actually seeing it overflowing with that species of pokémon rather than just walking around in grass
  • perhaps instead of giving the apricorn balls themselves different criteria, they could just stick to the five standard ball types (poké/great/ultra/master/premier) and instead have the apricorns work like berries (so like, a Black apricorn would make huge Pokémon easier to catch. White apricorns could work well on tiny Pokémon since "fast" Pokémon are already kind of covered by Nanab Berries)
Part of me wants to suggest reworking the Battle Tower so that it functions kind of like a Go Gym, maybe with some kind of online feature as well as a daily Raid battle, but at that point, I'm probably getting in too deep for a game that may not even come to exist :p

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom