• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

In all honesty, using LGPE's map as a basis instead of starting from scratch for two regions, just makes sense. They can only wait for so long before revisiting Go mechanics, too.

It hurts because it is true :confused: Anything associated with Kanto gets a fast pass to the top of the GF priority list
Companies who own 90s franchises think that only 90s nostalgia sells, so all the tie-in media they make invokes 90s nostalgia, so they think that only 90s nostalgia sells. Isn't that right, Power Rangers?

I don't know what will happen with Whitney and her gym, considering that most of the Pokemon used in it have been changed to Fairy-types in Gen 6, with some of them outright having their Normal type replaced with Fairy. There's a chance that she might have her specialty type changed from Normal to Fairy.
I think it would be pretty cool for her to be Fairy type, since it mirrors Jasmine in the GS games, about switching to the Steel type, since it was recently discovered at the time of the GS games.

They probably will just keep it as it .

I would like to see Cleffa As a mascot in homage to Clefairy bring the first mascot.

Also, I can see LG Johto happening before Sinnoh remakes since it probably has more nostalgia (and it will have Kanto).

I can actually see that (LGJ before Gen IV remakes) becoming true, namely with second starter in XY, Alolan forms just for Kanto Pkmn...But it's sad and it's no longer nostalgia when GF keeps trying so hard to bring and keep the older fans with only such crumbs.

If this is going to happen, I’m expecting Lugia and Ho-Oh on the cover with the Johto starters reprising their role. Not sure if they’d evolve or not.

I still maintain that Togepi could serve the role of partner well even without being the official “starter”. It’s not like there are any HMs to worry about with the Mr Pokémon request that early in the game, and the egg could hatch as soon as you bring it back to Professor Elm.

I suppose technically it’s like getting two starters but XY did it first ;)

I think it would be pretty cool for her to be Fairy type, since it mirrors Jasmine in the GS games, about switching to the Steel type, since it was recently discovered at the time of the GS games.
But her Ace Miltank is still pure Normal type. I think they will just switch her Fairy type Clefairy with a Normal/Fairy Jigglypuff.

If this is going to happen, I’m expecting Lugia and Ho-Oh on the cover with the Johto starters reprising their role. Not sure if they’d evolve or not.

I still maintain that Togepi could serve the role of partner well even without being the official “starter”. It’s not like there are any HMs to worry about with the Mr Pokémon request that early in the game, and the egg could hatch as soon as you bring it back to Professor Elm.

I suppose technically it’s like getting two starters but XY did it first ;)

Yeah I expect Ho-Oh/Lugia to be on the box, the games could even be called Let's Go Ho-oh and Lugia.
As for the starters, the egg Togepi could be the special partner Pokemon I agree. Either Elekid and Togepi, as the traditional famous picture of breeding is
SugimoriEggs.png
or just Togepi and you get to pick a regular starter too as you did in Crystal, which these games are effectively remakes of.

I think Whitney's gym will just remain as is. LGPE is super faithful to the original (no day/night cycle, no breeding, no abilities, no held items, no extra Pokéballs except for the Premier Ball, no gen 2+ Pokémon except for Meltan and Melmetal, etc.) outside of QOL improvements and coolness factor stuff like Alolan forms, so I figure GameFreak will just ignore the fact that Clefairy and Snubbull are now pure Fairy types. I doubt they'd do something as radical as change Whitney's type specialty or even as small as replacing the Fairy Pokémon.

I think Whitney's gym will just remain as is. LGPE is super faithful to the original (no day/night cycle, no breeding, no abilities, no held items, no extra Pokéballs except for the Premier Ball, no gen 2+ Pokémon except for Meltan and Melmetal, etc.) outside of QOL improvements and coolness factor stuff like Alolan forms, so I figure GameFreak will just ignore the fact that Clefairy and Snubbull are now pure Fairy types. I doubt they'd do something as radical as change Whitney's type specialty or even as small as replacing the Fairy Pokémon.

They did edit the Gym leader teams in LGPE however.

Also the Gym leaders aces need an update

Falkner - Noctowl
Bugsy - Ariados

Whitney - Miltank
Morty - Misdreavus
Chuck - Hitmontop

Jasmine - Steelix
Pryce - Piloswine
Clair - Kingdra

Falkner - Noctowl
Bugsy - Ariados
Morty - Misdreavus
The problem here is that Noctowl is too bulky for the first gym, while Ariados and Misdreavus would be rather underwhelming as signature Pokemon. Scyther is fine since it can evolve into Scizor in the rematch, as it did in HGSS. Togetic would be a fairer option for Falkner, although it would clash with the lore about Togepi not being native to Johto. They would need to explain it.

It's worth noting that LGPE didn't change any signature Pokemon from Yellow, which had only changed Koga's star to Venomoth. But then, Let's Go Johto is likely to have a different director than Masuda, so who knows.

I was about to suggest Crobat, then I remembered that Falkner has a bird theme. A bigger problem is that Noctowl evolves at level 20. Maybe Hoothoot would be more reasonable?
It's important not to make the first gym too easy or (especially) too hard. Let's look at all the signature Pokemon from the first gyms:

Onix: 385 BST
Pidgeotto: 349 BST
Nosepass: 375 BST
Cranidos: 350 BST
Monkeys: 316 BST
Vivillon: 411 BST
Totem Raticate/Gumshoos: 413/418 BST with a Defense boost

Hoothoot's BST is only 262, and unlike the monkeys it is not rigged to be strong against the starter (at least any reasonable starter I can think of for these games). Natu (320 BST) would be better, but I don't see them giving Falkner essentially the same signature Pokemon as Will's (unless they changed it), and Natu line is more Psychic than Flying. For similar reasons, Murkrow wouldn't be an ideal match, either. If they replace Pidgeotto, I think that Togetic is the best choice as long as they don't hand wave the lore.

Let's go johto games?
Yes please!
I just hope they don't heavy the Pokemon GO linkage in these games. LGPE had too much GO compatibility.
Also. mega. JOHTO. StArTeRs.
They must happen.

Marill and Togepi would be a bit weird, since Togepi is a baby and Marill is a basic stage pokemon. But at the same time Im struggling to think of any basic stage Johto Pokemon anywhere near Marills level of recognition. Best bets:

• phanpy
  • snubull
I believe these were the only other Johto pokemon featured in the anime before gsc was released. snubulls probably better since there is no type disadvantage between them

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom