• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Let's Go Johto

If the games announced next week are LG 2, people will riot if nothing is said about the future Sinnoh remakes.

I guess they could, but I don’t think there’s any reason to expect a comment on games that are even further out. Them giving a heads-up on Sword and Shield was kind of a unique case.

Anyway, they’ll come when they come. Personally I’m thinking we’ll get LG2J sometime in 2021 (maybe earlier in the year than their usual releases, maybe not), and then Sinnoh in late 2022. If fans want to “riot” online in the meantime, then they’re free to do so, but that’s not going to bother anyone at TPC.

Might even be Johto themed but not a Let's Go game.

Could be. Never rule out a surprise, but still, I think Let’s Go is the most straightforwardly likely option. GO is still going strong, and I think it’s been about the right amount of time for them to say something about where that part of the series will be going. LGPE did perform quite well, after all.

I thought that with DLCs we were out of that terrible cycle of a game every year. Whatever they announce on Wednesday I'll be upset anyway because it means that part of the team is not working on the next main project but on a side project (and considering that most likely it will be another Let's Go released early next year, then another part of the team is working on D/P remakes). They will never make a polished game again if they keep going like this. Not even the DLC feels polished, I mean, there's litterally no story in it and even the DLC feels rushed. I just don't support this kind of work.

I thought that with DLCs we were out of that terrible cycle of a game every year. Whatever they announce on Wednesday I'll be upset anyway because it means that part of the team is not working on the next main project but on a side project (and considering that most likely it will be another Let's Go released early next year, then another part of the team is working on D/P remakes). They will never make a polished game again if they keep going like this. Not even the DLC feels polished, I mean, there's litterally no story in it and even the DLC feels rushed. I just don't support this kind of work.
Well, they have no reason to care since their games will print money anyways.

Well guys, the second livestream has ended, and it looks like those Johto Pokémon plushes in the background were indeed a massive red herring to throw everybody off track...maybe.

I was careful not get my hopes up for a Let's Go Johto & Sinnoh announcement because GameFreak knows their fanbase all too well, and they've been known to pull a prank or two, especially when they know a large number of fans may be monitoring every possible site for anything that might possibly be a leak of sorts.

Well, that sucked. Crappy MOBA it is, why did they think this warranted 11 dedicated minutes? Is it Ishihara or Tencent who thought this was "the next big thing"? Ludicrous.

See you guys next year, maybe we'll get another main series game before this gen clocks out.

How is it that TPC keeps failing on the marketing side so badly? I mean, who exactly decided it was a good idea to dedicate and entire presention to a Moba and to announce it as a "big project" after the first announcements last week? No surprise today Pokemon Presents has already 60k dislikes.
At least we are not getting another game this year.

I wish that were true. I don't think so, though. This year GF was focused on DLC. Next year we don't know what's coming. Unfortunately it could be LG.

Well to be clear, I personally liked LGPE, so to me, a second one wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would play it and most likely enjoy it, as would plenty of others.

But thinking of that style of game as a series with a future ahead of it feels redundant and kind of like a creative dead-end. I feel like if it went on past Gen 2, it would have to overtake traditional remakes (because there's really no point in having two "kinds" of remakes cycling around simultaneously, and that just adds so much more development time than they can likely spare), and at a certain point, they'd have to shake up the gameplay somehow anyway to avoid becoming stale. Like, if they got around to Let's Go 3 Hoenn, would they re-add abilities and stuff or not? Thing is, regardless of whether you enjoy it, "Gen 1, kinda how it used to be, but reimagined with a little more Pokémon GO" is an idea. "Gen 3 stripped of its own trademark features and artificially limited to 386 Pokémon in order to maintain fidelity with GO" is pointless enslavement to a rigid pattern. But if you're going to reach a point where you add the missing elements back into the series, it's like, why'd you take them out to begin with?

It makes more sense to simply bring over the things that people liked about Let's Go into the main series games and hope that it makes the main series feel a little more accessible to the more casual fans (if that's even that much of a concern; I'd wager that there is a more than significant overlap between the 12 million people who bought Let's Go and the 17 million who bought SWSH), which they have done even now with Sword and Shield, and will do with HOME.

Well to be clear, I personally liked LGPE, so to me, a second one wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would play it and most likely enjoy it, as would plenty of others.

But thinking of that style of game as a series with a future ahead of it feels redundant and kind of like a creative dead-end. I feel like if it went on past Gen 2, it would have to overtake traditional remakes (because there's really no point in having two "kinds" of remakes cycling around simultaneously, and that just adds so much more development time than they can likely spare), and at a certain point, they'd have to shake up the gameplay somehow anyway to avoid becoming stale. Like, if they got around to Let's Go 3 Hoenn, would they re-add abilities and stuff or not? Thing is, regardless of whether you enjoy it, "Gen 1, kinda how it used to be, but reimagined with a little more Pokémon GO" is an idea. "Gen 3 stripped of its own trademark features and artificially limited to 386 Pokémon in order to maintain fidelity with GO" is pointless enslavement to a rigid pattern. But if you're going to reach a point where you add the missing elements back into the series, it's like, why'd you take them out to begin with?

It makes more sense to simply bring over the things that people liked about Let's Go into the main series games and hope that it makes the main series feel a little more accessible to the more casual fans (if that's even that much of a concern; I'd wager that there is a more than significant overlap between the 12 million people who bought Let's Go and the 17 million who bought SWSH), which they have done even now with Sword and Shield, and will do with HOME.

And you outlined exactly why I have a problem with Lets Go becoming a series - it's too many different projects for GF to handle, and I'm afraid the traditional remakes would be in trouble. GF's traditional Pokemon remakes are some of the very best remakes out there and I look forward so much to every single one.

Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee? The very first GF Pokemon pair I did not pick up (I have skipped third versions, but that's another story, I mean new games). I was already so sick and tired of seeing Gen I Pokemon everywhere, now you had a game where there was only Gen I Pokemon aside from one bonus new Pokemon. And the games itself? Not even good. A 2.5D version of Kanto (when Kanto has already been remade) with forced motion control, no regular wild battles, and simplified altogether. No thank you.

In my eyes, LG are bad Pokemon games and I don't want them to become a series. GF has enough projects as it is. LG are the weakest link.

Over the past couple years, and especially recently as we await the next possibly main series game to come next year once Gamefreak wraps up the Crown Tundra, there's been a lot of discussion here and there about a possible Let's Go sequel in Johto or just a straight up standard Johto remake more in the style of other games, whichever way they decide to go, whether it's Let's Go mechanics or standard core mechanics, one thing is for certain: the Johto region is BROKEN.

As someone who absolutely adores the Johto region and considers HGSS to be in the top 3 of best main series games of all-time, I'm also able to point out the glaring weaknesses of the region, namely, the Pokemon lineup is atrocious. Despite introducing 100 new Pokemon, the Gen 2 games and their Gen 4 remakes had mostly Kanto Pokemon in the Johto region and, ironically, a lot of the Johto Pokemon were only available in Kanto, that's a little backwards, isn't it?

The most commonly cited examples are Dragonite, who is available by the 8th gym, yet Tyranitar isn't available until you've cleared all the gyms in Kanto in addition to Johto. Houndour, despite being a Johto Pokemon, is only available in Route 7, which is in Kanto, in HGSS it was additionally available in the Johto Safari Zone. Speaking of the Johto Safari Zone, it TRIED to fix some of these issues, but because it was available late in the game and was pushed to the very far corner of the map, some people didn't touch it or didn't even really know it was there. I think if ANYTHING needs to be taken from Let's Go, it's the complete rework of what wild Pokemon appear where. Let's Go did an amazing job of shaking up Kanto and putting Pokemon where they weren't before. Disregarding Charizards, Dragonites, and the Legendary Birds, let's take Viridian Forest for example, they added Oddish and Bellsprout, as well as a rare spawn for Bulbasaur in the forest, this gives the players much earlier access to Grass-types that is otherwise nonexistent in any Kanto journey where you starter isn't Bulbasaur. Mt. Moon added a rare spawn for Chansey, Cerulean Cave added Lickitung and Snorlax, Rock Tunnel added Kangaskhan and Charmander, and so on. There's lots of examples in LGPE or redistributing or just straight up adding new wild Pokemon and I'm all for it, I think it makes for a better game if you have more teambuilding options instead of the usual Pidgeot/Tentacruel/Nidoking/Golem options and what not.

What I specifically want to address though is how to redistribute all the Johto Pokemon, particularly the ones not available in Johto.

First of all, the Odd Egg DEFINITELY needs to return, I personally didn't even know about the Odd Egg until Crystal VC came out, but basically, it has a chance to hatch into any Gen 2 baby Pokemon that isn't Togepi, namely, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby, and had a 14% chance to be Shiny and 50% chance in Japan. I think this should just be bumped to a 100% chance, anyone who knew about this egg for Crystal VC just reset their game until it was shiny, I spent several hours resetting for a shiny Elekid, so we might as well just take the soft resetting out and make it 100% shiny but keep the random selection of Pokemon, this egg alone drastically increases teambuilding variety in a playthrough of Crystal.

In addition to the Odd Egg, the Primo Egg should come back from HGSS as well, in those games you could input special codes to receive up to three eggs, a Slugma egg, Wooper egg, and Mareep egg, this is in Violet City so you're able to get these eggs by the first Gym, and the Odd Egg is available from the Daycare before you fight Whitney. These two eggs alone, I think, would help with the Pokemon diversity of Johto a lot.

NOW I will address the wild Pokemon now that I got those eggs out of the way. I'm only going to focus on Pokemon that aren't available in Johto, otherwise I think every Route's composition of Pokemon is fine unless stated otherwise.

Pichu or Pikachu: Route 46

Pichu in past games was completely unavailable except in Crystal via the Odd Egg, and Pikachu was only available in Kanto. There was no way to get Pichu before Kanto other than the Odd Egg, but I think adding Pichu or at least Pikachu to a Johto Route makes it a safe option in case you want something else out of your Odd Egg.

Cleffa or Clefairy: Dark Cave (Violet City side)

Similar to Pichu and Pikachu above, other than the Odd Egg, there's no way to access this evolution line until Kanto. the Clefairy line typically inhabits caves and the Violet City side of Dark Cave is accessible very early, so I think this is a good spot for it.

Igglybuff or Jigglypuff: Route 34

Jigglybuff was available in Route 34 but only in Crystal, not in GS or HGSS. So the logical thing to do is to just add it back here.

Murkrow: Route 35 and 36

Murkrow was only available in Kanto Routes 7 and 16, as well as the Safari Zone in HGSS but way late in the game, let's put Murkrow in the two Routes north of Goldenrod City.

Misdreavus: Burned Tower

The Burned Tower resides in Ecruteak City, the home of the Ghost-type Gym, yet Morty only uses the Gastly line, despite Johto introducing it's own unique Ghost Pokemon, so we're going to change both where you can get Misdreavus and the composition of Morty's team by adding a Misdreavus in place of one of his Haunters and/or his Gastly.

Quick side note, but LGPE also did a lot to increase the diversity of some NPC teams, like adding Seadra and Charizard to Lance's Kanto teams instead of three Dragonites, for example. I want Gamefreak to make similar changes for these hypothetical Johto remakes, so expect to see more changes like that such as adding Misdreavus to Morty's team. I will address more team compositions after I finish the Johto Pokemon.

Teddiursa: Route 45, Dark Cave

It was only available in Route 45 in Gold and HeartGold, and only Dark Cave in Crystal. I say we just add both locations.

Slugma: Burned Tower

This one is only available in Kanto besides for the Primo Egg.

Houndour: Route 36 and 37

For whatever reason, they stuffed Houndour in Kanto Route 7 alongside Vulpix and Growlithe, which is fair enough I suppose, but did they forget they put Vulpix and Growlithe in Johto Routes 36 and 37? Kinda dumb if you have two locations to choose from to put a Fire-type native to Johto, that you put it in the Kanto location instead of the Johto location.

Porygon: Goldenrod City during the Team Rocket climax

In every Johto game, Porygon is only ever available at the Celadon Game Corner and that is the only way to get Porygon2 in the whole game. I'd say there could be a quick side-story about a Porygon that was stolen and being used for a malicious purpose by Team Rocket in Goldenrod City, and you can save it and add it to your team here towards the end of the main story in Johto. This would at least make it so Porygon2 (and Porygon-Z) are available before Kanto.

Elekid or Electabuzz: Johto Route 39 and/or 40

besides the Odd Egg, this line was only available in Kanto Route 10, adding it to Route 39 or 40 close to Olivine City, what with it's lighthouse and everything, kinda makes sense for an Electric-type, similar to how in Kanto, Electabuzz resides close to or inside the Power Plant.

Chansey: Route 42, Mt. Mortar

Chansey was only ever available in Kanto routes so you couldn't get Blissey until Kanto, I think Mt. Mortar and the outside Route, which is Route 42 is a fine place for the Chansey line.

Larvitar: Dark Cave (Blackthorn City side)

This one was only ever available at Mt. Silver besides the Safari Zone in HGSS, I think the Blackthorn City side of Dark Cave would be a suitable location, although if Gamefreak wants to get REALLY ambitious, an EXTREMELY rare spawn at Mt. Mortar could be fine.

Okay, well that finishes up all the Johto Pokemon (or Kanto Pokemon with Johto evolutions) that weren't available in the actual Johto region, so now I'll move onto NPC team diversity, starting with the Gym leaders and moving onto to possible Rival or Pokemon League alterations afterwards. I'll list their team and denote any changes to the team I think should be made.

Falkner:
-Pidgey -> Hoothoot
-Pidgeotto

Bugsy:

-Metapod -> Ledbya/Yanma
-Kakuna -> Heracross
-Scyther

Whitney:

-Clefairy
*-Teddiursa
-Miltank

Teddiursa was not present on Whitney's team as she only ever had two Pokemon, since Bugsy has three I see no reason not to add a third Pokemon to Whitney's team and just make her even harder, I like the challenge. Teddiursa is cute and Whitney likes cute Pokemon so it's a fitting addition to her team.

Morty:
-Gastly
-Haunter -> Misdreavus
-Haunter
-Gengar

All in all I think four Pokemon from the Gastly line is incredibly redundant, if I had my way, I'd cut both Gastly AND a Haunter and just add a fairly strong Misdreavus to his team to replace both of them, Gengar remains his ace.

Chuck:
-Primeape
*-Hitmontop
-Poliwrath

It's odd that Gym Leaders go from four Pokemon with Morty down to two with Chuck, but since I suggested reducing Morty down to three, I think adding Hitmontop to Chuck's team makes sense.

Jasmine:
-Magnemite -> Magneton
-Magnemite -> Skarmory
-Steelix

Having Level 30 Magnemites makes no sense, and Skarmory would be a really cool addition to Jasmine's team.

Pryce:
-Seel -> Delibird
-Dewgong
*-Sneasel
-Piloswine

Why run two Kanto Ice-types, one of which actually isn't an Ice-type yet, when there's two brand new Ice-type Johto Pokemon? So naturally we're replacing Seel with Delibird and adding Sneasel as an additional fourth Pokemon.

Clair:
-Gyarados
-Dragonair
-Dragonair -> maybe Mega Ampharos?
-Kingdra

It's unclear if Megas will return anytime soon, but if they do, Mega Ampharos would be a very cool and unique addition to Clair's team while still keeping the Dragon-type theme, I mean Gyarados isn't even a real Dragon-type but she uses that so maybe Ampharos could still fit, since it does learn Dragon Pulse naturally.

That wraps up the Gym Leaders, I'm going to address the Rival really quickly as well. There's no guarantee Silver is even our Rival, since Red, Blue, and Green were separate from our main Rival in LGPE, but Silver's team consists of almost entirely Kanto Pokemon, besides his starter and Sneasel (Gastly line, Magnemite line, Zubat line, Abra line). One thing I do like about Silver's team is that there are no variations depending on his starter, he doesn't run a typical Grass/Fire/Water core like many rivals do, who then rotate Pokemon around, like Blue or May depending on their starter choice, so his team is always the following:

-Sneasel
-Golbat
-Magneton
-Alakazam
-Gengar
-Johto Starter

I think the Golbat can stay as it's representative of his character growth, as VERY late in the game it becomes a Crobat due to Silver learning to care for his Pokemon instead of just treating them as weapons, but the rest of his lineup that isn't the Sneasel or starter can go, I would change it to:

-Sneasel
-Golbat
-Electabuzz
-Wobbuffet
-Ariados
-Johto Starter

Electabuzz and Ariados just seem like meaner, darker Pokemon that might fit Silver's character better, and Wobbuffet is a neat little homage to Jessie and James having a Wobbuffet in the anime. Also, Wobbuffet could make the rival battles VERY annoying and challenging if executed right.

Now I'll address the teams in the Pokemon League:

Will:
-Xatu -> Girafarig
-Jynx -> Espeon
-Slowbro -> Slowking
-Exeggutor
-Xatu

Since Slowbro is a Gen 1 Pokemon and Slowking was added in Gen 2, I think replacing Slowbro with Slowking makes sense, and replacing his non-ace Xatu with a Girafarig makes his team more diverse. I also think adding Espeon instead of Jynx makes more sense, Jynx was already seen with Lorelei, and Karen has an Umbreon so Will having an Espeon is sort of a counterpart to Karen's Umbreon.

Koga:
-Ariados
-Forretress
-Muk
-Venomoth
-Crobat

I actually quite like his team as-is, it has a healthy mix of Kanto and Johto Pokemon, retaining his ace from Venomoth while making Crobat, a Johto addition, his new ace, as well as retaining Muk but adding Ariados and Forretress, if Ariados being on both Silver and Koga's team is too repetitive, adding Wheezing back to his team would be fine.

Karen:
-Umbreon
-Vileplume -> Sneasel
-Murkrow
-Gengar -> Tyranitar
-Houndoom

Her team is odd, since it has two non-Dark types, when there are actually two more Dark-types in Johto, those being Sneasel and Tyranitar. Her old team almost seems like a total pushover, adding Sneasel and Tyranitar to her team definitely makes her more dangerous, even if maybe the Tyranitar is overkill. It's worth noting that she did use a Weavile in her HGSS rematch team.

Lance:
-Gyarados
-Dragonite -> Kingdra
-Dragonite
-Aerodactyl
-Charizard
-Dragonite

Lance's team has always been poorly-designed but that's due to the lack of Dragon-types in Kanto and Johto, LGPE fixed this very well by adding Charizard to his team which was only ever present in the Johto games, as well as Seadra, which a Kingdra was present on his rematch team in FRLG. I think adding the Kingdra to his team makes sense, but I'm not sure what to do with the other duplicate Dragonite, I guess he can have two on his team, in the post-game of course it would be replaced with something else for rematches, 2 Dragonites is at least better than 3.

It's asking for a lot, but I would LOVE if Gamefreak managed to fit the Sevii Islands into these games as well, since they were absent in both HGSS and LGPE. They could do so much with a post-game story, on a similar level to the Delta Episode or something with the Sevii Islands, instead of shoehorning in Sinnoh's Battle Frontier into Olivine City, add a completely new series of facilities on the Sevii Islands, and fill the Sevii Islands with some otherwise unobtainable Pokemon from other regions or maybe Pokemon you could only get once otherwise during the main story, such as Eevee, Togepi, Johto starters, Kanto starters, some Legendaries, maybe even Mew, which was obtainable at Faraway Island in Emerald, which, while not being part of the Sevii Islands, could be related in some way, considering Emerald had events that took you to the Navel Rock and Birth Island, unofficially known as Islands 8 and 9 of the Sevii Islands and existed on a map with them in FRLG where this event was also available. A cool post-game story revolving around the discovery and history of Mew would be really neat to add to a Pokemon game.

I'd still like Red to be the final boss atop Mt. Silver, but go all-out and make his team all Level 100s, if he's supposed to be the absolute best of the best, he deserves to have a maxed out team, YOLO.

One last thing I'd like to say, but HGSS made it RIDICULOUSLY hard, if not impossible, to get Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokemon relatives to Johto lines, such as Magmortar, Electivire, Wynaut, or Azurill. ORAS fixed this problem their own way by just adding evolutionary relatives to Hoenn Dex Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex, so now Pokemon like Froslass, Roserade, etc. are part of the Hoenn Regional dex, I would hope Johto remakes fix this issue in a similar way, by adding all evolutionary relatives (even including Sylveon) to the Johto Regional Dex and making it easier to get them during the main story.

This post took me like over two hours and a lot of Googling to write up, so if you made it to the end thanks for reading, that's about all I have on suggestions for how to "fix" the Johto region. By all means the Johto region is a phenomenal region regardless of these fixes or not, but Gamefreak could really push it past everybody's expectations with changes such as what I've outlined in this post. I've considered doing something similar to this but with Sinnoh, since Sinnoh has it's own set of problems to tackle when it comes to available Pokemon, team compositions, and post-game features.

I would give Pryce a Jynx over Sneasel, so he doesn't share it with Karen. Yes, i know its trading a gen 2 Pokemon for a gen 1 Pokemon, but i see less of an issue here since it evolves from a gen 2 Pokemon. He is the last gym before the Ice Path and considering he also has a Piloswine (Which can also be found exclusively in Ice Path), it makes sense. It would also give him a counter against Fighting types, since Delibird isn't that counter, where Dewgong is his counter against Fire types and Piloswine counters the Electric weakness Dewgong and Delbird have. That way, his team is even more balanced than with a Sneasel and provides more of a challenge than with Sneasel, since if you have a Fighting type, you one shot Sneasel (And most likely also Dewgong and Piloswine) and considering Fairy types are a thing now, Sneasel is even more unbalanced.

I've joined the bandwagon in this thread by expressing the opinion that if ever to exist it should be a DLC to LGEP.

That said I still would like to would raise the question on why LG Johto would exist in the first place as full games.
While some argue that LGEP were remakes of Yellow and main-series' games (if going only by Masuda's statements), what would Let's Go Johto be the remakes of? Crystal? I can see GF going with that route but just like LGEP, that would be lame since what's the point of remaking games that were already so greatly remade (with elements from Crystal) in HGSS? Aside from this, I can only see (and accept9 Let's Go Johto if GF had the courage to present a whole new story set in that region instead of overwriting the previous one with new protagonists, like they did it with LGEP, hence confirming my opinion that despite the "excuse" of LGEP being Yellow remakes, they are a spin-off series.

(...) Let's Go did an amazing job of shaking up Kanto and putting Pokemon where they weren't before. Disregarding Charizards, Dragonites, and the Legendary Birds, let's take Viridian Forest for example, they added Oddish and Bellsprout, as well as a rare spawn for Bulbasaur in the forest, this gives the players much earlier access to Grass-types that is otherwise nonexistent in any Kanto journey where you starter isn't Bulbasaur. Mt. Moon added a rare spawn for Chansey, Cerulean Cave added Lickitung and Snorlax, Rock Tunnel added Kangaskhan and Charmander, and so on. There's lots of examples in LGPE or redistributing or just straight up adding new wild Pokemon and I'm all for it, I think it makes for a better game if you have more teambuilding options instead of the usual Pidgeot/Tentacruel/Nidoking/Golem options and what not.

For Bulbasaur and Charmander, I can applaude that just for the sake of finally giving natural habitats to the starters.

(...)I think this should just be bumped to a 100% chance, anyone who knew about this egg for Crystal VC just reset their game until it was shiny, I spent several hours resetting for a shiny Elekid, so we might as well just take the soft resetting out and make it 100% shiny but keep the random selection of Pokemon, this egg alone drastically increases teambuilding variety in a playthrough of Crystal.

I'm thorn about that because while with 50% players will soft reset and end up getting it anyway and it's a way to promote a mechanic that was introduced back in GS, having an outright shiny Pkmn is just devaluing them.

(...) Porygon: Goldenrod City during the Team Rocket climax

In every Johto game, Porygon is only ever available at the Celadon Game Corner and that is the only way to get Porygon2 in the whole game. I'd say there could be a quick side-story about a Porygon that was stolen and being used for a malicious purpose by Team Rocket in Goldenrod City, and you can save it and add it to your team here towards the end of the main story in Johto. This would at least make it so Porygon2 (and Porygon-Z) are available before Kanto.

If the GTS was to stay in Goldenrod, I can see TRocket storming the place just to get one because it a Pkmn that navigates the web and so it would make sense to have one in the GTS just like Castform in the Weather Institute.

Last edited:
That said I still would like to would raise the question on why LG Johto would exist in the first place as full games.
Probably to give Johto a 3D remake without shafting it as Kanto's backyard. I feel relegating the region's 3D debut to a DLC for a game with low longevity that's already past its core hype/interest stage would really be screwing it over.

Probably to give Johto a 3D remake without shafting it as Kanto's backyard. I feel relegating the region's 3D debut to a DLC for a game with low longevity that's already past its core hype/interest stage would really be screwing it over.

That could be true and acceptable if given a new story in which the postgame isn't going to Kanto and also make some corrections like EmpoleonProd suggested. Otherwise, having it just for the sake of being in 3D, just seems worse than the re-release of Star Wars' movies and made to appeal to graphic whores.
About the DLC, if done in two ways with a standalone edition of LG Johto and the other being the option to have as a DLC to LGEP with this last one being cheaper, could see an increase in sales for the first game.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom