• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

they should try Anything/Fire as long as it would not work. i.e-Bug/Fire it would hurt itself or Water/Fire put itself out
Fighting/Flying-covers one of Fighting's 2 weaknesses
Ground/Electric-covers some of both their weaknesses 4x to Grass though
alternate Scyther evo Bug/Fire?
Ice/Dragon-Dragon's 2 weaknesses are covered now while it also protects its Ice type weaknesses-Fire,Water. But it would change the 'not very effective' to normal damage.Guess thats why Nintendo hasnt made it-
COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE

Some proper wolf pokemon would be awesome (i dont think Poocheyna and Mightyena really count) and also seeing as how they've never done lions i think they should do one of them as well, and with them you can have the Male/Female difference as only the male having a mane........obviously.

Rentorer line. We have our lions.

I don't see how Ice/Dragon would be invincible. Steel-type attacks would still hit it for a weakness. And Electric/Ground... um... since when is electric weak to Grass?

Plus, Sableye and Mikaruge prove that Nintendo's not against making Pokémon with no weakness. And Kingdra and Palkia demonstrate that they don't mind Pokémon with one weakness (not stairs).

TTEchidna,
Electric has always been WEAK to Grass.My Ampharos got "Super Effective" hit by a Grass move
Also Steel is not Super Effective against Dragon so would just do Normal Damage-as would Ice's other weaknesses Fire,Rock + Fighting
Dragons quite often have better stats than alot of PKMN so it would be strong,unlike Sableye who is pretty weak in my opinion
Plus heaps of people use a Dragon of some kind on their team

I don't think Electric is weak to Grass, it is in Rockman.exe and Ryuusei No Rockman, but not Pokemon.

is there anyone out there who can support "Grass beats Electric" ????

Last edited:
I'd love to see some pokémon who's looks, typing, stats or even attributes completely conflict with one another.

Like say... a Normal type that's seen as cute and fuzzy, like jigglypuff, but it's also known for being a huge kleptomaniac. Which is reflected in it's movepool, which has attacks like trick, sneak, covet and thief.

Or maybe pokémon with breeding group combinations that haven't been done. I'm surprized that the Ralts line isn't a part of the Humanshape egg group. It would have been a very nifty bridge bettween the Inderminate and Humanshape egg groups.

You could come up with all kinds of new pokémon just by egg groups alone.

Dragon/Fairy
Plant/Mineral
Inderminate/Water 3...

there are all kinds of combinations that haven't been done.

FINALLY
Someone who actually knows their Types!!!!
All thanx 2 little ol' Pokencyclopedia

For some reason Serebii's Type match-up chart(totally awesome)doesnt show Electric being weak to Grass.
But who cares it shows EVERY type they've ever done with its
Strengths(4x,2x or Normal 1x)
Weaknesses(1/2 or 1/4)
and Unhittables(such as Ground CANNOT hit any sort of Flying type which means Gligar is only Ground immune to its own type)
You'll also see Girafarig(who i think deserved to get an evolution) is the only Normal and/or Psychic type(s) immune to Ghost
That is why Girafarig owns all other Psychic/Normal types bar some extremely lucky ones(i.e Lugia or Chansey who are 2 COOL 4 SKOOL)

Heh, psychic is the unofficial light type.

However, it has been hinted at by Game Freak with Espeon.

Also, we don't need more religious imagery do we?

Pokemon's always had religious imagery. Lots of it, it also seems like more and more religion based pokemon pop-up each gen (Though I admit too much christian religion imagery would make it feel somewhat like Digimon, which I don't want either)

What about RL birds that can't fly? The emu or the kiwi for example.

I thought Doduo is supposed to be based off of a Kiwi bird

Rentorer line. We have our lions.

I don't see how Ice/Dragon would be invincible. Steel-type attacks would still hit it for a weakness. And Electric/Ground... um... since when is electric weak to Grass?

Plus, Sableye and Mikaruge prove that Nintendo's not against making Pokémon with no weakness. And Kingdra and Palkia demonstrate that they don't mind Pokémon with one weakness (not stairs).

Plus it still would be weak to dragon. Ice and Dragon does not imply speed. Same with ground and electric. Also, yeah, electric is not weak to grass, but grass is resistant to electric.

I'm all for new types. Good ideas would be nice though... personally I'd like to see a fire and grass offshoot (like ice is to water). However, what that would equate to...

I'm all for new types. Good ideas would be nice though... personally I'd like to see a fire and grass offshoot (like ice is to water). However, what that would equate to...

Equate to what?

Anyway, the only other type combos that can potentially have no weaknesses would be a pure Electric-type with Levitate and a Dark/Poison type with Levitate.

WRONG!!!!!!

That Electric PKMN would still be weak to GRASS!!!!
Otherwise not bad though you might as well hope for another Elec/Fly like Zapdos who is immune without wasting the ability space so it can have something better(unlike Zapdos,Pressure-useless for my needs)

Dark/Poison(correct me if I'm Wrong) would still be weak to Fighting and Bug.

Pokencyclopedia-The only thing Levitate does is make it unhitable to/from Ground moves it doesnt suddenly give it Flying advantages

Grass attacks do regular damage to Electric types! Dark types are weak to Bug and Fighting moves, Poison types aren't! AND I'M AWARE THAT LEVITATE ONLY PREVENTS GROUND TYPE MOVES FROM WORKING!!:complain:

DON'T TELL ME I'M WRONG!!:argue:

My Pokemon Idea

Well I always liked Girafarig's Normal/Psychic type. So I would like to see a Zebra that is Normal/Dark type. Yeah yeah... I know it would have a two time weakness against Fighting types but still it would seem pretty awesome.:party:

Here's an idea for a Legendary Trio that I've been thinking about for while:

Brawlgre

Species: Ogre Pokemon

Type: Fighting

Ability:Final Round-Powers up Fighting moves when Hit Points are 1/3 or lower.

Appearance: Brawlgre looks like a Hitmonlee gone Incredible Hulk (but it's still brown). It has a head and face the looks like Machoke's but it has sharper teeth and two horns instead of bony plates.

Lunogre

Type: Dark

Ability:Vengeance-Powers Up Dark moves when Hit Points are 1/3 or lower.

Appearance: Lunogre looks like Brawlgre only with dark gray skin and long, silvery hair as opposed to horns. Lunogre wears a half-shell necklace with a bronze pendant with a crescent moon on it.

Monogre

Type: Normal

Ability:Reserve Strength-Attack and Special Attack doubles when Hit Points are 1/3 or lower.

Appearance: Monogre is an almost pale-white variation of Brawlgre. Monogre has a single horn on its head. Monogre's posture is like that of a gorilla (Monogre's hunched over, supporting it's weight on its knuckles and short legs).

EDIT: Here's some more ideas:

Ricskid

Species: Balletfight Pokemon

Evolves into: Ricsia at Lv. 15

Gender Distribution: Female-100%, Male-0%

Ability: Bravery-Fighting and Normal type moves are effective against Ghost-types.

Appearance: Ricskid looks like Ralts in Hitmonchan's outfit. She has blond hair that doesn't block the eyes and she wears a red ribbon in her hair.

Ricsia

Evolves into: Ricslash at Lv. 30

Ability: Bravery-Fighting and Normal type moves are effective against Ghost-types.

Appearance: Ricsia looks like a Kirlia in Hitmonchan's outfit, except the skirt part trails down a little bit more. Ricsia's legs are thicker than a Kirlia's. Ricsia has feet because she has no Psychic powers to help resist the pull of gravity. Ricsia has blond hair and two small ribbons in it.

Ricslash

Appearance: Ricslash looks like Gardevoir with an outfit that looks like Ricsia's, only more gown-like. Ricslash has green arms with retractable blades on her elbows. Just like Ricsia, Ricslash has thicker legs than her Psychic counter-part and has feet. Ricslash doesn't have as puffy a hairstyle as Gardevoir. Instead, she has two small hair buns tied up with long ribbons.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom