• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I have more ideas. As well as further proof that I suck at photoshop. Ah well...
CAN'T YOU GUYS TELL WHAT GAME INSPIRED ME TO MAKE THIS?

Name: Geji(Geh-JEE)
Species: Complex Alien Pokemon
Type:psychic

Ability: Half-conscious: Accuracy randomly lowers(either foe or Geji).
Type: Psychic/Dark
Pokedex Info: GEJI is infamous in the crypto-pokemon world. Rumor has it that this pokemon was brought to Earth by a Clefable family.

Name: Gegvia(Gehg-VEE-a)
Species: Complex Alien Pokemon

Ability: Strange shield: Special Attacks may be reflected(30% chance)

Gender Ratio: 0% Female, 100% Male
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7733/gigucopyxg1.png

Pokedex Info: GEGVIA is rarely seen, and passive. Many believe that it uses its immense power to walk unoticed among humans and to protect its surogate parents.
----
Name: Gevlian (GEV-lee-on)
Species: Formless Alien Pokemon

Ability: Stupid: can't hold items, Half-conscious: Accuracy randomly lowers(either foe or Gevian).

Gender Ratio: 0% Female, 100% Male
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/677/giygascopyap6.png
Pokedex Info: Not much is known about this Pokemon. GEVLIAN is thought to appear when Gegvia's heart becomes dark.

I don't see where you got the idea for those alien Pokemon, but Gevlian reminds me of Kerpymon.
---

Deadwood

Species: Petrifying Pokemon

Type:Grass/Ghost

Ability:Wonder Guard-Can only be damaged by attacks that are "Super Effective".

Appearance: Deadwood basically looks like a yellowish-green dead tree with Mikaruge's face. It has four root-feet and two branch arms with long fingers.

EDIT: Now, I do like that Jynx evo Magespages made up, but I have my own:

Sorceryce

Species: Ice Sorceress Pokemon

Type: Ice/Psychic

Gender Ratio-0% Male, 100% Female

Evolves from: Jynx (trade w/ Freeze Booster)

Ability: Aurora Veil-30% chance of causing the opponent to become Frozen when Sorceryce is hit with a direct attack-OR-Mysterious Veil-30% a random stat to be sharply reduced when Sorceryce is hit with an indirect attack.

Appearance: Soceryce has a slimmer look than Jynx and has almond-shaped eyes. Sorceryce wears a robe instead of a dress. Soceryce's legs are white and she has purple triangle-shaped feet. Sorceryce's has less hair than Jynx and its all in the back. Soreryce wears a purple hat that resembles a Murkrow's feather crest.

Last edited:
they should try Anything/Fire as long as it would not work. i.e-Bug/Fire it would hurt itself or Water/Fire put itself out
Fighting/Flying-covers one of Fighting's 2 weaknesses
Ground/Electric-covers some of both their weaknesses 4x to Grass though
alternate Scyther evo Bug/Fire?
Ice/Dragon-Dragon's 2 weaknesses are covered now while it also protects its Ice type weaknesses-Fire,Water. But it would change the 'not very effective' to normal damage.Guess thats why Nintendo hasnt made it-
COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE

ground/electric wouldn't have a 4x weakness. also, ice/dragon would be weak against rock, fighting, and steel. Not so invincible, is it?

And Water type attacks aren't even Super Effective against Ice types. They do regular damage. Arseus's cross! Why do people always get things like this wrong?:banghead:

But, no more complaining and more ideas:

Dragone (long "o" sound, silent "e")

Species: Gargoyle Pokemon

Type: Rock/Dragon

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female

Evolves into: Dragoyle at Lv. 35

Ability:Rock Head-Prevents recoil damage.

Appearance: Dragone looks like a mint-green Bagon made of rock. Dragone has Charmeleon's arms and Grovyle's face. Dragone has sharp teeth (the males have sharper teeth than a female).

Dragoyle

Species: Gargoyle Pokemon

Type: Rock/Dragon

Ability:Rock Head-Prevents recoil damage.

Appearance: Dragoyle looks like a mint-green Gablias made of rock. Dragoyle has arms like Charizard's (but thicker). Dragoyle has a pair of Dragonite's wings instead of a shark fin (but it can't fly). Dragoyle has Aerodactyl's face.

I do believe that I have quite a few more ideas (which is why I'm bumping my post again).

Maestrot

Species: Conductor Pokemon

Type: Psychic/Flying

Evolves from: Chatot Trade w/ Note Shard

Ability:Keen Eye-Prevents accuracy reduction-OR-Tottering Steps-Evasion increases when Confused

Appearance:Maestrot looks like a Pidgeotto that's colored like a Chatot. Maestrot's head looks like a sixteenth note and has long white head plumage (the head plumage of a female is shorter than that of a male). Maestrot looks as if it's wearing a yellow dickey. Maestrot has a tail resembling a metronome rod.

Glidirrel

Species: Flying Squirrel Pokemon

Type:Electric

Evolves from: Pachirisu w/ Magic Feather

Ability: Levitate-Prevents damage from Ground type moves.

Appearance: Glidirrel looks like a gray, Raichu-sized Pachirisu with these flaps of skin that stretch from its arms and legs. Glidirrel has a smaller tail than Pachirisu for the sake of being more aerodynamic. Glidirrel's head is blue except for its face and the yellow cheeks. Glidirrel has large rings around it's eyes that give it the looks of wearing goggles.

Multiplusl

Species:Cheering Pokemon

Evolves from: Plusle Lv. up @ Product Rock

Ability:Times-When battling with either Plus, Minus or Divide, Multiplusl's Attack and Sp. Att. are doubled.

Appearance:Multiplusl looks like a Raichu-sized Plusle that's orange where Plusle is red. Multipusl has a "×" on its tail and cheeks and clodhopper feet.

Dividun

Species:Cheering Pokemon

Evolves from: Minun Lv. up @ Quotient Rock

Ability:Divide-When battling with either Plus, Minus or Times, Dividun's Defense and Sp. Defense are doubled.

Appearance: Dividun looks like a Raichu-sized Minun that's green where Minun is blue. Dividun has a "÷" on it's tail and cheeks and has clodhopper feet.

Ok, here are two ideas.
Scatana(Sc(yther)+katana
Bug/Steel
Looks sleek and metallic, with the same body look as Scyther/Scizzor. It has metallic, katana-looking wings. Sort of like Skarmory's wings. Also, its arms are steel-looking and short, but its hands look like 2 katana and one tanto per hand. Hold up your index and middle finger and your thumb, and picture them as 2 katana and one tanto (the shortish blade that some ninja/samurai carry) and you have the hand I'm talking about. The feet- Small, Charmander-ish silver colored feet.
Only new move that I've thought of- Silent Slash. Like a quick attack-vice grip combo, with sword hands. Ouch.
Stats-Attack, defense, and speed are through the roof. It's hp and special defense are actually lower than Scyther/Scizor.
Evolution-Max out Scizor's toughness rating

Heh. Rough idea, but cool.

And my even less developed pure-ice type. (S)He looks like an Ice Lancer from Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess. Except screw the lance and give her/him a halberd that looks like it's removeable, but is really attached to his/her hand. It should be extendable too, which is why it should be able to learn water freeze(better name needed,) a move which extends the halberd by spitting water on it then freezing it. It sharply boosts his/her attack and special attack, while lowering his defense and special defense (Ice is generally more brittle and easier to break when it's longer)

Whoa, just got rid of my sugar rush. Heh.

Last edited:
I think you need to think of a different evolution method for Scatana. Make up an item that doesn't exist yet, like what I did.

P.S. As if Scizor needs an evolved form anyway. :p

Yah, your right. I'm just obsessed with those two, I think it'd be pimpin if they got a third stage. Lol.

Nimphyke

Species: Young Mantis Pokemon

Type: Bug

Evolves into: Scyther @ Lv. 30

Breed w/: Prayer Incense

Ability:Swarm-Powers up Bug type attacks by 1.5 when Hit Points are reduced to 1/3 or lower-OR-Technician-Powers up weaker moves.

Appearance: Nymphyke looks like chibi Scyther without wings. It has Sneasel's arms instead of scythes and it's wearing a bib. As with Nymphyke's older forms, a female has a larger abdomen than a male.

Clainix

Species: Clay Snake Pokemon

Type: Normal/Ground

Evolves into: Onix @ Lv. 30

Breed w/: Soil Incense

Ability:pickup-10% chance of finding and holding an Item after battle.

Appearance-Clainix looks like a 5-foot long chibi Onix without a rocky texture. It has a short fin on it's head and a bib.

Octimecho

Species: Sleigh Bells Pokemon

Type: Psychic

Evolves from: Chimecho Lv. Up w/ Magic Bell

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female.

Ability:Levitate-Prevents Ground-type moves from working.

Appearance: Octimecho's main body is round and colored yellow. Octimecho has the same growth on it's head as a Chimecho. Octimecho has a long red tail on the back of it's body. The tail has seven yellow orbs that resemble Lysan attached to it.

Phoenitza

Species: Electric Phoenix Pokemon

Type: Fire/Electric

Ability:Levitate-Prevents Ground-type moves from working.

Appearance-Phoenitza looks like a red-orange, 6-foot bird decorated with yellow lightning bolts. Phoenitza has Zapdos's tail, Ho-oh's feather crest and Moltres's beak.

Name: Douno
Species: Normal/Flying

Description:

Douno is the one headed baby form for Doduo.

This way heads would be based off evoultion steps.

Douno (baby/one head)
Doduo (basic/two heads)
Dodrio (1st stage evolution/three heads)

Skippipe

Species: Potted Fly Trap Pokemon

Type: Grass

Evolves into: Carnivine @ Lv 20

Breed w/ Venus Incense

Gender Ratio:50% Male, 50% Female

Ability: Leaf Guard-Heals Status Effects when Sunny Day is in effect.

Appearance: Skippipe has a round, green head that's not as flat as Carnivine and sharp white teeth. Skippipe as squinty eyes and yellow specks on its head. Skippipe has a skinny yellow stalk body and rounded leaf arms. Skippipe is confined to green flowerpot (but Skippipe can hop around in it).

Molkey

Species: Wrench Pokemon

Type: Ground/Steel

Gender Ratio: 55% Male, 45% Female

Ability:Sand Veil-Raises Evasiveness during a Sandstorm-OR-Technician-Powers up weaker moves.

Appearance:Molkey is a brown mole-like creature with Aipom's ears. It has a black nose and has black rings around it's eyes that make it look like it's wearing sunglasses. Molkey has mechanical arms and carries a Monkey Wrench.

I made up Kowarl

Type: Grass/Fight

Koala Pokemon

Evolves into: Kangala

Gender Ratio: 50/50

Ability: Natural Habitat-Kowarl's Def goes up in tall grass and it's Atk goes up in the forest.

Appearance: Green koala with long ccurved claws. large purple nose and torn up ears. there is a small jagged purple scar in the upper-left corner of it's face.

Attacks: Tackle, Leer, Scratch, Defense Curl, Arm Thrust, Follow Me, Force Exert, Thief, Double Kick

Kangala

Type: Grass/Fight

Marsupial Pokemon

Gender Ratio: 50/50

Ability: Natural Habitat

Appearance: Larger koala with Kangaroo legs and boxing gloves. Angrier and more muscular. The purple scar has grown down to its nose.

Clinchir

Species: Stag Beetle Pokémon

Type: Bug/Fighting

Evolves from: Pinsir (after learning Vital Throw)

Ability: Hyper Cutter

Appearance: Much like Pinsir's body w/ longer legs and beefier forearms. Its ridged horns would be on the sides of its head (females would have less ridges), except they'd be pointing forward and not upward. Clinchir's mouth is horizontal and has grey skin instead of brown.

Dex Entry: Clinchir is very proud of its brute strength. It has enough power behind its horns to grind through a car in seconds flat. If you should happen to intrude on its territory, RUN!

I'm not going to post names or details, but I will note concepts I'd like to see and proposed types.

* Gorilla (Fighting/Dark) An interesting type combination that matches appearence. I'm not entirely satisfied with Slaking as the representative for all great apes.

* Arctic Wolf (Ice) Because people have wanted it for a while.

* Tiger (Fire) As an opposite to Rentora, sort of tying into Rentora being a Lion of Electricity and thus making some weird connection with Entei/Raikou.

* Giant Panda (Normal/Dark)? Not sure about the type, but Spinda isn't cutting it.

* Polar Bear (Ice) Might have a secondary type, but please - c'mon.

* Bison (Grass or Normal) See this as being grass because of their association of once covering North America so densely their hair appeared to be waves of brown grass.

* Dolphin (Water/Psychic) Why have we gone ten years without one is the better question.

* Reindeer (Ice/Flying) *Giggle*

* Koala Bear (Grass) Not sure on type, but strikes me as being a Grass concept from connection to trees.

* Giant Anteater (Normal) It'd certainly be interesting.

* Lemur (Dark) Because this would be hard to screw up.

* Kangaroo (Ground/Fighting) Because aside from the pouch, Kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo and we need one that has a connection to boxing.

* Hamster (Normal) As the "Ratatta" of its generation.

* Warhog (Ground) A slightly altered take on Swinub.

* Lynx (Steel/Normal) Wouldn't mind seeing a Pokemon with a Normal Type plus Steel for claws.

* Platypus (Poison/Electric) Wouldn't mind another take on it besides Psyduck, and the things are poisonous and navigate via electric pulses.

* Gazelle (Electric) Rentora's prey.

* Mole (Ground/Dark) We've got Diglett, but I wouldn't mind a new take.

* Flying Squirrel (Electric/Flying) I'd prefer it to not be Electric, but if we have to have a Pikachu clone, it might as well be immune to Earthquake.

* Opossum (Normal) Gimmick Pokemon. When it's HP drops below 50%, it plays dead by becoming a Ghost-type as its ability.

* Porcupine (Poison or Steel) Might be cool.

* Red Panda (Fire) They look so freaking cool and would be an alternative to Vulpix.

* Cheetah (Electric or Normal) Insane speed stat.

* Snow Leopard (Ice) If another ice type is needed.

* Llama (Normal) Purely for laughs.

* Ox Asian Ox could be interesting if done right.

* Narwhal (Water/whatever) Either as an evolution of the dolphin or a standalone.

* Hummingbird (Flying): Pure flying and insane speed stats. Make it so it has no legs and never lands.

* Flamingo A lot could be done with this.

* Buzzard/Vulture (Dark/Flying or Ghost/Flying) Because why haven't we got one yet?

* Woodpecker Maybe an ability that makes it extra-effective against Grass-types?

* Swan Of course, it would have to evolve from an ugly chick. Basically, a birdy take on Feebas/Milotic.

* Roadrunner Not sure on type, but wouldn't mind seeing it.

* Peacock Again, a lot could be done with this.

* Toucan (Grass/Flying) I'd like to see this as a starter.

* Eagle (Normal/Flying) No more Birds of Prey that evolve from common birdies, please. Just give us a straight up one.

* Asian Crane (Psychic/Flying) With all the mythology and mysticism about them, I'm sure something cool could be done.

* Sea Turtle (Water/Rock) The last terrapin we're missing.

* Komodo Dragon (Dragon) I'm seeing a basic, mid-tier dragon for those who like the type but don't want an uber.

* Frilled Lizard Again, a lot could be done.

* Stingray (Water/Poison) Alternative to Mantine.

* Hammerhead Shark (Water/?) Because a lot of folks want one and the Landsharks are a little strange for the only take on them.

* Lionfish (Poison) It'd be cool to have this levitate instead of being a Water-type.

* Beta (Water/Fighting) It'd be nice to see this come in a variety of colors ala Toritodon.

* Electric Eel (Water/Electric) Because it's so bloody obvious.

* Grasshopper (Bug) As a cute early bug that knows Bounce.

* Stink Bug (Bug/Poison) Similar to Skutank but with worse stats an' a different type.

* Dung Beetle (Bug) Soley for hilarity's sake.

* Tarantula (Poison) Because Spinarak doesn't cut it and this would be awesome.

* Cockroach (Bug/Dark) With the same applications as Ratatta, but styled after a Bug.

* Housefly (Bug/Flying) Bunch of bug-types and not one based on a fly?

* Ant (Bug/Fire) Again, we need more bugs based on common insects.

* Centipede (Fire/Poison) Just because it'd be awesome.

* Glow Worms (Bug/?) For the sake of cuteness.

* Scarab (Bug/Ground) Because we need a usable Pokemon of this type.

* Snail Woudln't mind a more traditional take on this than Magcargo, which is both ugly and rather useless.

* Squid (Water) Kraken-style, please.

* Earthworm (Ground/Dark) Just think it'd be cool.

* Tyranosaurus Rex (Fire/Rock) As a reiviable fossil.

* Archaeopteryx (?/Flying) As a rivivable fossil.

* Dodo (Normal) As a goofy gimmicky Pokemon that's a hard to find.

* Sabertooth Tiger (Normal/Rock) Fossil Pokemon.

* Pegasus (?/Flying) Because another horse could be cool, especially if it flies.

* Cerebus (Dark) Because Houndoom didn't do it.

* Gargoyle (Water/Rock) Because Gligar is a bit too weird.

* Gryphon (Fire/Flying) My personal favorite mythical creature.

* Cockatrice (Poison) Doom chicken.

* Hydra or Orochi (Dragon/Poison) Possibly as a Legendary.

* Sphinx (Ground/Psychic) With some sort of riddle ability.

* Mummy (Ground/Ghost) Not humanoid, really. But I'd like to see one based on the concept.

* Cyclops (?) Because I'd like a giant eyeball monster.

* Karakasa (Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Water) One of the coolest yokai, needs representation.

* Minotaur Possibly accessed through a maze.

* Yeti (Ice/Fighting) No, I don't could the giant evergreen as a yeti Pokemon.

* Fire-breathing Dragon (Dragon/Fire) Because why the hell haven't we got one yet?!

* Devil (Dark/Fire) One of those cutesy Valentine's day devils.

* Pumpkin (Ghost/Grass) Please? This would be the keenest thing ever.

* Snowman (Ice) Perhaps as a Pokemon players could construct themselves during winter, with changeable appearence depending on accessories used? One might have a bucket hat, the other a top hat. One with coal for eyes. Etc.

While we're on the subject, the following Pokemon could use babies:

* Meowth: Babies are usually doled out to popular Pokemon to make them more marketable. If anyone needs a kitten form it is Meowth.

* Kangaskhan: For reasons that should've been obvious years ago.

The following Pokemon could use evolutions due to under-use, wasted potential, or just all around poor stats:

* Jynx: To get it away from the gollywog controversy and to catch up with Booburn and Electivire.

Pokemon that need evolutions due to good concept, but unsuable stats: Girafarig, Qwilfish, Stantler, Delibird (early evolution into something that learns useful moves), Sableye, Mawile, Kecleon, Chimecho,

Last edited:
Alright, Zeta, I'll try make a few things up based on the concepts you posted. Note that I my throw in some of my own idea into them.

Phlie

Species: Pest Pokemon

Type:Bug/Poison

Evolves from: Larvphlie at Lv. 10

Ability: Levitate-Ground type moves have no effect.

Appearance: Plie is the size of a Weedle. It has a purple thorax, green abdomen (a female's is larger), and black head. It has arms and legs that are similar to Ledian's. Phlie has Volbeat's wings, red compound eyes and a proboscis that is constantly dripping yellow fluid.

Oinkick

Species: Hog Pokemon

Type: Ground/Fighting

Evolves in Brawlog @ Lv. 33

Gender Ratio: 60% Male, 40% Female

Ability:Thick Fat-Halves damage from Ice and Fire type attacks-OR-Guts- If affected by Paralyze, Poison or Burn; Attack power is multiplied by 1.5

Appearance: Oinkick is a small, red-brown upright pig. It has a short pair of tusks, a black mane (a male has longer one) and a small curly tail with black hair at the end.

Brawlog

Species: Mud Wrestling Pokemon

Type: Ground/Fighting

Gender Ratio: 60% Male, 40% Female

Ability:Thick Fat-Halves damage from Ice and Fire type attacks-OR-Guts- If affected by Paralyze, Poison or Burn; Attack power is multiplied by 1.5

Appearance: Brawlog looks like a Grumpig that's red-brown where it's purple and brown where it would be black. Brawlog doesn't have any pearls and has black mane. Brawlog has a larger jawline and has a pair of tusks (a male has longer tusks). Brawlog has a tail that resembles that of an actual warthog.

Birdash

Species:Road Runner Pokemon

Type:Normal/Flying

Ability:Early Bird-Wakes up from Sleep status earlier than normal-OR-Quick Feet-Speed increases when effected by a Special Condition.

Appearance: Birdash is around the same size as Doduo. It is built like the Road Runner of Looney Tunes fame, but the main body is a bit bigger and the tail feathers are like that of an actual road runner. Birdash has black-brown feathers with a white underside.

Last edited:
Zeta I can help you out there.
Hammer Head Shark: Would be water and steel. Duh! It has a hammer.

Fire-Brathing Dragan: There is Charizard.

Cerebus: I already thought about that earlier in this tread. I had where the middle head is Dark, the right head is fire, and the left head is Ice. The middle head is the stongest and the other 2 are the same strength.

I agree you need more gorillas.

I would like to know what EVERYONE thinks about having 3 types for new pokemon and why or why not. I think there should because you can make alot of new and cool pokemon.

i don't know what it would be called but I think it would be cool to have a EVO for Steelix where it will look kind of the same but it will have a tail with a stinger, 4 legs to hold it, and 2 claws. It would be Steel and Posion.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom