• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Thanks for the ideas Zeta, I'll make some and post them in my Fake Pokemon Art Thread!

Hydra or Orochi (Dragon/Poison) Possibly as a Legendary.
Made a Carnivine evo, with two mini-heads sprouting out of it. A Poison/Dragon Hydra would be neat though for a Ledgendary.

* Giant Panda (Normal/Dark)? Not sure about the type, but Spinda isn't cutting it.
Made a Normal/Dark Giant Panda, armed with a bamboo stick and has a yin-yang symbol on it

Dolphin (Water/Psychic) Why have we gone ten years without one is the better question.
I made a somewhat reptilian one for a starter. And I was going to add the Psychic type later. Are we on the same wave-length?

Kangaroo (Ground/Fighting) Because aside from the pouch, Kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo and we need one that has a connection to boxing.
I made a Normal/Fighting one that boxes. XD

* Giant Anteater (Normal) It'd certainly be interesting.
Making one with a Tuba-nose

Squid (Water) Kraken-style, please.
One with a Volcano for a head? Meet Krakentoa.

Karakasa (Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Water) One of the coolest yokai, needs representation.
Did it. Love it. Gamefreak doesn need one.

[/quote]Mummy (Ground/Ghost) Not humanoid, really. But I'd like to see one based on the concept.[/quote]
One wrapped in tinfoil seems neater, imo. I'll need to do it.

Also, a Water/Rock Gargoyle? I like a Ghost/Rock with insyead.

Last edited:
Luchatoro

Species: Minotaur Pokemon

Type: Normal/Fighting

Gender Ratio: 100% Male, 0% Female

Ability: Raging Nerve-Attack power rises when hit with a "Super Effective" attack.

Appearance: Luchatoro looks like a brown furry Machoke. He hooves instead of feet and three of Tauros's tails. Luchatoro has a bull's face, golden horns and a nose ring.

Ganeuradon

Species: Monsterfly Pokemon

Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female

Evolves from: Dragupa at Lv. 55

Type: Dragon/Bug

Ability: Levitate-Ground type attacks have no effect.

Appearance: Ganeuradon has Megayanma's body shape, but has a scaly appearance. Ganeuradon has talons on its legs, Charizard's head (but with red coumpound-eyes), and Aerodactyl's wings and tail.

I would like to know what EVERYONE thinks about having 3 types for new pokemon and why or why not. I think there should because you can make alot of new and cool pokemon.

Well the thing is, triple type Pokemon would be far too confusing to figure out what would be effective against them. Apparently some people can't figure out that Electric types take regular damage from Grass attacks or that a theoretical Dragon/Ice would still be weak to Dragon, Fighting Rock and Steel attacks.

Last edited:
I was thinkeing about 2 different pokemon.

1. It is Dark and Flying. It can use many dark moves. Him and the other one I have made up can use a move called Wing Knives. With this one it will have dark powers to it. I was thinking about Lucifer for a name.

2. It is Psi and Flying. It can use many Psi moves. Him and the one above can use a move called Wing Knives. With this one it will have Psi powers to it. I was thinking that it can be called Arcangel.

they would be a Legandary.

Tanookeon

Sky Raccoon Pokemon

Type: Flying

Evolves from: Eevee level up w/ Magic Feather

Gender Ratio: 87.5% Male, 12.5% Female.

Ability: Cloud Nine-Negates all weather effects.

Appearance: Tanookeon has brown fur. It has a raccoon tail and a small pair of wings (although Tanookeon flies by wagging its tail). Tanookeon has Eevee's collar and a black mask.

You know, swordfish and sunfish would also be good Pokemon designs. Swordfish would be good for an alternative Water/Steel besides the penguin starters, and sunfish look so cartoony already you could to a lot with them.

Infankhan

Baby Kangaroo Pokemon

Type: Normal

Evolves into Kangeskhan when it levels up after learning Reversal.

Gender ratio: 100% Female

Ability: Cute Charm-Small chance of opponent becoming infatuated after using a physical attack against Infankhan.

Appearence: Looks like the baby in Kangeskhan's pouch, but just a bit older. It has Charmelian's claws on the feet, Charmander's claws on the hands, a small horn growing out of it's head, and some tiny spikes sprouting down its back. It has a smaller tail than Kangeskhan, but bigger than the baby in Kangeskhan's pouch. It has a small flap of skin on its stomach, which will turn into the pouch when it evolves. It is the same color as the baby in Kangeskhan's pouch.

How to obtain-Breed a Kangeskhan with a Ditto, and have the Ditto hold the Pouch Incense.

Last edited:
Booxing

Species: Shadow Boxing Pokemon

Type: Ghost/Fighting

Evolves into: Shabooxing @ Lv. 34

Ability: Levitate-Prevents Ground-type attacks from working.

Appearance: Booxing looks like a purple Pac-Ghost with boxing gloves and Ghastly's face.

Shabooxing

Species: Shadow Boxing Pokemon

Type: Ghost/Fighting

Ability: Levitate-Prevents Ground-type attacks from working.

Appearance: Shabooxing looks like a Purple Puncher from Luigi's Mansion, except with boxing gloves and Haunter's face.

Delfos

Water/Psychic

Species: Dolphin Pokemon

Evolution: None

Gender ratio: 50% male, 50% female

Ability: Echolocate-Negates the opponents attempts to raise evasion

Appearence: A blue dolphin with yellow stripes and two dorsal fins.

Last edited:
Howabout a Ghost-type Gargoyle that's Ghost at night, but during the day his ability makes him Rock-Ghost and increases his defense?

Now that would be interesting.

And I think if there ever would be a baby Kangaskhan, then it should evolve into a male equivalent as well as Kangaskhan, based on its gender.

* Reindeer (Ice/Flying) *Giggle*

* Kangaroo (Ground/Fighting) Because aside from the pouch, Kangaskhan looks nothing like a kangaroo and we need one that has a connection to boxing.

* Hamster (Fire/Psychic) Preferably the starters. It would just be so cool (Evil Pyromaniacle Psychic Hamsters of Doom)

* Flying Squirrel (Electric/Flying) I'd prefer it to not be Electric, but if we have to have a Pikachu clone, it might as well be immune to Earthquake. Pachirisu Evo

* Eagle (Normal/Flying) Id prefer the bird of prey to be a REALLY good Eagle Owl that evolves from Noctowl. Just more ways to improve my 2nd fav poke

* Sea Turtle (Water/Rock) OOOO, Like a Water Torkoal :O:O

* Frilled Lizard Poison/Dragon Again, a lot could be done.

* Glow Worms (Bug/Electric) For the sake of cuteness.

The ones I didnt Bold answers to below

Ice/Flying Reindeer PWNS. I see it being a Legend if anythign

For a Kangaroo, I want the Fake one http://www.serebii.net/fakes/ I wouldnt mind a Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle, but not in the 4th Gen. NAETORU PWNS. Also that Rhino Beetle Fake Starter needs to be real.

I made a Swordfish today that's face is like a fencer's mask.

It's lower form is a fish that resembles the bobber of a fishing rod.

Cherritry

Species: Cherry Tree Pokemon

Type: Grass

Evolves From: Cherrim (Trade w/ Golden Seed)

Special Ability: Flower Head: Powers itself up and ally and changes form when Sunny Day is in affect.

Appearance: Cherritry's main body is long and brown with Sunflora's feet. Cherritry has branch-like arms with a purple flower bud on each one. Cherrity has a big, green, round head with Clamperl's face. A purple flower bud is on each side of the head and three more of the flower buds are on top. During strong sunlight, the flower buds open to resemble a Cherrim's head (but faceless). Cherritry's expression changes to resemble Cherrim's.

- Three Mythological legendaries Named Quepid (Cupid) pronounced kyoo-EP-id, Cerburik (Cerberus) pronounced kur-be-RIK, and Harimee (Hermes) pronounced HAY-ri-mee. The Love Pokemon, the Chaos Pokemon, and the Messenger Pokemon.

- A life-size panda called Bambadoo with black arms and legs, white head and body, and a yin-yang sign on its chest. The Blaance Pokemon.

- A green koala with a purple belly that rolls around in a ball called Kowarl. The Koala Pokemon.

- An evolution of Kowarl called Kangala with kangaroo's legs and purple boxing gloves.

- A prevo of Farfetch'd called Nuhatch'd that is smaller, has bigger feet, smaller wings, a smaller leek, and moon-shaped markings around its eyes.

- An evo of Farfetch'd called Gardcatch'd that looks like a humanshaped Farfetch'd, using an onion as a sword, and the root as a handle, with a larger chest, and larger feet, and a beak-shaped bill.

I had an idea:

Benthicanth

Rock/Water

Trench Pokemon

Evolution: Evolves from Relicanth when levelled up holding a Deepsea Rock.

Gender ratio: Same as Relicanth.

Ability: Rock Head/Swift Swim

Resembles Relicanth, except larger, blue with white spots, and giant fangs. Also has a double set of lobe fins on its back.

I don't exactly have an idea for a new pokémon but something that I would like to see in new pokémon are different type combinations that neutralize psychic weaknesses, such as psychic/bug, or psychic/ghost.

It seems to me that since generation I, psychic pokémon have become less and less powerful due to the indroduction of the dark type as well as stonger bug moves (such as Megahorn). Also, please correct me if I am wrong, but pshychic was not weak against ghost in generation I as it is now.

It seems that to use a psychic pokémon, which I enjoy doing, is becoming less and less of a good idea.

That's all.

Ive been trying to think of ways to create pokes with unused types, particularly bugs. (BTW I SUCK at names) (Also, pardon the poor descriptions, its late here and I need to get off the comp soon)

Maggo

Normal/Bug

Ability- Feast. While in the lead posistion, the grass in front of Maggo disappeers (it eats it)

A plain, white maggot pokemon, which, due to its ability, becomes larger the more it walks through grass. It evolves when it has gone 2400 steps through grass, and evolves dependant on several features.

Mosquood (Mosquito+Blood)

Bug/Dark

A black, mosquitto pokemon, that has very large "jaws", and a malicious look on its face. It has wings, though these do not count towards its trait/ability

Ability- Blood Suck. In battle, If Mosquood attacks with a physical attack, the opponant drains 1/16 of its max HP for 2-5 turns each turn.

Stats- High Attack and Speed. Medium defenses and Low Special Attack and HP

Evolves from Maggo after Maggo walks 2400 steps in grass and is very unhappy

Flubottle

Bug/Ice

Bluebottle Pokemon

Flubottle looks like a common Bluebottle, with an iced over thorax and abdomman. It has Light Blue eyes, and icy jaws.

Ability- Buzz. Each time Flubottle uses a move which requires sound (Uproar, Hyper Voice etc), the moves power is upped (By 1.5X)

Stats- High Special Attack, Medium Special Defense, HP and Speed, Low attack and defense.

Evolves from Maggo when Maggo has walked 2400 steps in grass whilst holding the Ice Shield, and at a higher happiness than what is required to evolve into Mosquood.

Well, may I remind you Bp that the Psychic type had unfair advantage over the other types to begin with and if you didn't have a Mewtwo (or at least Mew or Alakazam) on you team during the R/B/Y days, you were basically screwed. So I would consider the introduction of Dark and Steel types, the Special Attack and Special Defense split, Blissey, stronger Bug-type moves (and moves of that type being teachable to more Pokemon), and the change of Ghost-type attacks from being ineffective to Super-Effective against Psychic types evening out the playing field.

Anyway, I believe that I have another idea for a Legendary Pokemon:

Serpenking

Species: Basilisk Pokemon

Type: Dragon/Poison

Ability: Terrorize- Reduces the opponent's Attack and SP Attack by one stage when sent into battle.

Appearance: Serpenking has a long, green body (about 30 ft. in length). It has sword-like tail resembling Seviper's and Rayquaza's head (minus the horns). Serpenking has large white fangs and Combusken's feather crest.

Pokedex Info: This Pokemon that has been named "The King of Snakes" was created by sorcery several centuries ago. Those who look into its eyes are said to become completely frozen in fear.

You know, swordfish and sunfish would also be good Pokemon designs. Swordfish would be good for an alternative Water/Steel besides the penguin starters, and sunfish look so cartoony already you could to a lot with them.

I would love it if there were a sunfish Pokemon, they're so cool! I saw a 300 pound sunfish this summer at the Monterey Bay Aquarium this past summer and I was mesmerized! It's strange that something so big and so wierd looking can be absolutely adorable as well!

I have an idea for starters

Eagreen (Eagle+Green) (Grass/Flying)
Young Eagle Pokemon
Eagreen is a small eagle Pokemon that is green and has leaves on its wings.

Hawkerde (Grass/Flying)
Leaf Wing Pokemon
Hawkerde is like Eagreen, only bigger, meaner looking, and has a leaf on the top of its head.

Falcungle (Grass/Flying)
Jungle Hawk Pokemon
Falcungle is like Hawkered mixed with the Digimon Aquilamon, only without the horns and with wood spikes sticking out of its back.

Fithon (Fire+Python) (Fire/Psychic)
Python Pokemon
Fithon is like a small reddish python with a flame on its head and tail.

Pyreboa (Pyre+Boa) (Fire/Psychic)
Constrictor Pokemon
Pyreboa looks like a bigger meaner Fithon with fangs and a slight deep purple tint.

Axelonda (Axel+Anaconda) (Fire/Psychic)
Inferno Pokemon
Axelonda is a huge red constricting snake with a fire mane and a huge flame on its tail, and purple spots.

Hippua (Hippo+Aqua) (Water/Ground)
Hippopotamus Pokemon
Hippot is like a small blue hippo mixed with a sea otter.

Rinocea (Rhino+Sea) (Water/Ground)
A blue two-horned rhino mixed with a seal, basically.

Elemarine (Elephant+Aquamarine) (Water/Ground)
Elemarine is basically an African elephant mized with an orca, then colord in blue.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom