• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

This thing is fake, no doubt. Otherwise, if it was true, then where is Midnight Lycanroc in the Ultra Moon side of the screen? This... "state" couldn't just affect one of its forms. Or is only Midday getting the better deal, leaving its werewolf cousin in the dark once again? But still, it screams fake, just a clever recoloring at best. Unless they actually reveal this to be true, I call it fake. Besides, it would need blue jeans and sneakers to be Crash. *chuckles*
agreed. i am a new to gimp and look, i made it
lycanrocdusk.png
someone with better skills could make a legit looking one

Anything based on the Glory Lily/Flame Lily. It already looks like a really recognizable design to turn into a pokémon.

Despite its name and how it looks, considering its infamously extreme toxicity having it be anything other than a Poison type seems wrong... Even though it would lend itself to the obvious and so wanted Grass/Fire type so well.

Maybe it could instead have an ability that is Poison Point but inflicting Toxic. It would also learn a OHKO Poison-type move.
Or maybe it could have something unique that simultaneously burns and poisons the opponent.

agreed. i am a new to gimp and look, i made it someone with better skills could make a legit looking one

Welp, turns out we're both wrong. It's legit. It's called Dusk Form and was just revealed to the public. And unless Midnight Lycanroc suddenly appears in another reveal with the same form, Midday is, once again, getting the glory while its werewolf other half gets left in the dark. Note that I have nothing against Midday, but Midnight certainly got the short end of the stick the first time around, and if this Dusk Form is exclusive to Midday, then it'll be the second time Midnight gets shafted. Just FYI.

Corn on the cob with either a fire type evolution (first grass/fire pokemon) to represent grilled corn or an ability that powers it up when hit by a fire attack.

Corn on the cob with either a fire type evolution (first grass/fire pokemon) to represent grilled corn or an ability that powers it up when hit by a fire attack.
Or a Popcorn Pokémon would fit in that general motif. Bullet seed would be the unpopped kernels. XD

I got some ideas a long while ago for nice type combinations that haven't appeared yet.

Solily, a Grass/Fire-type sunflower Pokemon (could be an evolution of Sunflora) with the ability Drought. Name comes from Sol (sun) + lily.
Amberock, an Electric/Rock-type Pokemon made of amber. Amber has electric capabilities and is somewhat close to a rock, best thing I could think of for this type combination. Then the Alolan Geodude line happened, not bad either :)
Nympherom, a Fairy/Poison-type nymph-like Pokemon that can release toxic pheromones. Some kind of status-inflicting ability involving toxic powder/fairy dust etc.

I think there were some more but I don't remember them as of now. I would like to see 2 of the ideas I've read in an old Sun/Moon fake leak, though:
>A normal-type cat Pokemon that can change forms to get any other secondary type.
>Electric/Fighting Alolan-like variant of Mankey/Primeape.

Quesla
Electric/Flying
The Regional bird. Based on Quail birds.

It evolves into Clawstat.

And then into:
Gailaiser
Electric/Fire

Based in heating effect of electric current and lasers. It would be the first regional bird to lose he flying Type.

I kind of want a lynx pokémon that looks like a lynx. Give it sabertooth like teeth and Strong Jaw, that would be cool.
It could be Ice type and get all the biting moves (except Fire Fang).

A poodle moth would also be cool. We already have some mothpokémon, but I think poodle moths are cute. It could be Bug/Fairy or even Bug/Normal.

• A ghost moose or elk. It can work as ghost/ice, ghost/fairy or even ghost/ground.
  • ghost/fire or fairy/fire will-o-wisp pokemon, please? Found around lakes
  • A literal tiki pokemon, grass/psychic or fire/grass.
  • A bug/water starter, can be inspired in a sea snail or crab
  • A poison/fairy or ghost/poison vampire

I kind of want a lynx pokémon that looks like a lynx. Give it sabertooth like teeth and Strong Jaw, that would be cool.
It could be Ice type and get all the biting moves (except Fire Fang).
this. Always thought of a psychic lynx though. Maybe psychic/ice?
  • A Water/Dark or Water/Ghost-type Pokémon themed around pirates. We've had a few ninjas, and I can't really think of any pirate-y Pokémon.
  • A living treasure chest or some sort of creature that lives in a treasure chest, like Mimics from other RPGs. It wouldn't be an actual "chest monster" in gameplay, but still. Maybe Steel/Dark or Steel/Grass.
  • A non-legendary Ice/Dragon of some sort.
  • An Ice/Fairy-type that's a literal fairy penguin..
yes, agree with this one and I was going to posting similar ideas.
  • Yes, the pirate ghost pokemon fits a starter, not sure what animal could be designed as a pirate though.
  • The ice/dragon can be a pseudo.
  • I'd like straightly a treasure chest pokemon, maybe designed as a pirate as well found on an island or pirate ship, and can be steel/dark or steel/fighting.

Last edited:
The starter could start off as a pure Water regular-ish but chibi shark. Then it evolves, becomes lanky, gets some "emo hair" and rebellious tatoo\piercings, maybe also a scar. It also resembles the Chimaera a bit more. Then it evolves again, gains a Ghost secondary type, black sclera w\red glowy pupilless iris, more buffness, more Chimaera resemblance, a pirate hat, an hook hand\fin, a peg leg\fin, and a pirate eyepatch.

An evolution or Mega evolution for Magnezone. Since Magnezone looks like a UFO, have it piloted by an alien looking creature and make it Electric/Bug.

A Fairy type:
Butterfly dog pokemon. With three evolutionary stages, that branch off depending on the 'ear shape' of the pokemon.
There will become a ''butterfly'' form based off a Papillon and a moth form based off a Phalène.
The moth dog would learn moves like 'moonblast', whereas the butterfly dog would learn moves like 'morning sun'
It could possibly be a psuedo legendary pokemon with high special attack and speed but low attack.
Yess please. Also a papillon dog would be a nice base for a bug eevelution.

I'd be really interested in seeing something with the presently unused Fire/Fairy combo, like a little flame sprite. I think it's a type pairing with some real promise in both the offensive and defensive ends (except for Fire resisting both of them, but I'm not saying it's flawless).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom