• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I'm resurrecting this absolutely ancient thread to bring you one of my newest ideas. The art is just a basic sketch, if anybody has any suggestions on improvements to their design I'd love to hear them.

Gibrato
IMG_20200805_211845710.jpg

Pokédex: Gibrato are very rarely seen, leading some to believe they are forest spirits rather than Pokémon. At night they can be heard singing to each other deep in the forest. There have been reports of them echoing the songs of humans who call out to them.

Musouatta
IMG_20200805_211913231.jpg

Pokédex: Musouatta will only appear to humans with a singing voice that meets its standards, though they never appear without an intricately carved masks to hide their true appearance. Their beautiful songs can be heard from miles away, but hearing them up close can leave the listener stunned and disoriented. They

Type: Ghost
Abilities: Insomnia, Cursed Voice*
Stats
  • HP: 90
  • Atk: 70
  • Def: 60
  • SpAtk: 105
  • SpDef: 80
  • Spd: 90
  • Total: 495
Moveset
  • Astonish
  • Growl
  • Howl
  • Sing
  • Round
  • Shadow Punch
  • Uproar
  • Knock Off
  • Screech
  • Hyper Voice
  • Haunting Call**
  • Perish Song

*Cursed Voice: All sound-based attacks used by this Pokémon become Ghost type.

**Haunting Call
Type: Ghost
Power : 90
Accuracy: 100
Target: All adjacent opponents
Effect: 30% chance to flinch

-----------------

Gibrato's design is something I've been toying around with for a long while. I've been wanting to make a gibbon Pokémon for years because I really like the way they move and their proportions, but I just couldn't quite get the concept right. I thought about making it a Grass type, but there have been so many Grass primates that it felt overdone. Eventually I decided to focus on its singing and that led me to the Ghost type. I thought the idea of a mysterious Pokémon you could hear but rarely see was really cool, and I've always liked Ghost types that aren't necessarily obviously ghosts.

I struggled with the evolved form. I was talking to somebody about it irl and they suggested a Howler Monkey since I was focusing on the vocal traits so much. I hadn't considered it at first since it's always bothered me as a Biologist when Pokémon and other media treat monkeys and apes as interchangeable, but it felt like a very natural progression. The I finally connected the dots between ghosts and music and reached the Phantom of the Opera inspired Musouatta you see above.

I'd love to hear if anybody has any thoughts on them!

I was thinking the other day that it would be cool to have a pure Normal-type Pokemon that evolves into a pure Fighting-type. It starts off being quite ordinary, but then learns martial arts which triggers its evolution. It would evolve by leveling up while knowing a Fighting-type move. Perhaps the Normal-type Pokemon could be based on a regular domestic gerbil, and its Fighting-type evolution could be based on a kangaroo rat, which are known for their powerful back legs and their ability to jump six feet into the air. It would make a good "regional mammal" for the first route of a desert-like region (wild gerbils and kangaroo rats both live in arid environments).

Last edited:
i've always wanted a vampire squid pokemon, something like water dark, because i'm a sucker for cephalopods and anything supernatural is pretty cool to me, so a vampire squid pokemon would specifically appeal to me-

a marmoset pokemon would be pretty cool, maybe like a starter or something, although with the inclusion of grookey it's unlikely we're going to get another primate grass starter anytime soon

A while back I had an idea for an Electric/Poison jellyfish, but I didn't think any further beyond that. To revive this idea... I'd imagine the bell part (the umbrella shaped part of the jellyfish) would look a bit like a thundercloud, which would light up when the Pokemon attacks, while the tentacles would look like rainfall and lightning bolts. Its abilities would be Static, Poison Point, and Water Absorb (HA).

This next idea I came up with this while looking at a Bloodborne boss. My idea is a Fairy type whose design is more Eldritch, creepy, and terrifying, more in the line of, say, Giratina or Eternatus. I feel like the solid majority of Fairy types are rather cutesy and/or girly both design and lore wise, with a couple exceptions such as Hatterene and Grimmsnarl.

I had an idea for a poison type porcupine, but it's too similar to Qwilfish. Maybe you could use this ability I came up with for a Qwilfish evolution?

Toxic Burst
When this pokemon is KOed, it poisons all opposing pokemon. If it is OHKOed, then it badly poisons them.

I imagine this being quite overpowered in doubles and triples.

I had an idea for a poison type porcupine, but it's too similar to Qwilfish. Maybe you could use this ability I came up with for a Qwilfish evolution?

Toxic Burst
When this pokemon is KOed, it poisons all opposing pokemon. If it is OHKOed, then it badly poisons them.

I imagine this being quite overpowered in doubles and triples.
I don't think it would be OP, we have moves like Toxic Spikes after all that just automatically poison/badly poison opponents upon entry. It's a cool idea for sure!

I would like a proper sabre tooth tiger based Pokémon.

Can we get a Pokémon based on this bird?

1600370320767.png

It's my favorite bird, and frequent visitor in my house. I feel it could be music themed, since their tails move in a metronome-like fashion.

I have plenty of ideas for Pokémon for fanmade games called Pokémon Sea and Pokémon Sky but for most of them I only have what they’re based on, a few of their moves, and their types. Jovius is Legendary Pokémon based on Zeus that’s a Flying/Electric type that can learn Hurricane, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Rain Dance; Neptunus is Legendary Water/Ground type Pokémon based on Poseidon that can learn Earthquake, Surf, Sunny Day, and Rain Dance; Plutonus is a Legendary Pokémon based on Hades that’s a Dark/Ghost Pokémon that can learn Feint Attack, Earthquake, Phantom Force, and Pursuit; Armoron is one Pokémon based on an *Ankylosaurus* that’s a Rock/Normal type that can learn Ancient Power, Iron Tail, Slam, and Iron Defense that evolves into Megarmor; Skeledon is a Mythical Pokémon based on a living fossilized skeleton that’s a Rock/Ghost type plus some of the moves that they can learn Ancient Power, Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Harden; Frosthopper is Pokémon based on a giant weta that’s a Bug/Ice type that can learn Bug Bite, Ice Beam, Bounce, and Rest that evolve into a different Pokémon based on a giant weta; Speektral is a Pokémon based on a a bedsheet ghost that’s a Ghost/Normal type that can learn Shadow Ball, Growl, Thunderbolt, and Dark Pulse; Infernus is a Pokémon based on a hellhound that’s a Dark/Ghost type that can learn Crunch, Feint Attack, Shadow Sneak, and Howl that evolves into Orthon which is based on Orthus and then Cerberon which is based on Cerberus; Tentaruel is a Water/Poison based on a Nomura’s giant jellyfish and is the evolution of a Hellican Tentacruel that can learn Bubble Beam, Acid, Giga Drain, and Supersonic; Acideon is a Poison type Eeveelution that can learn Acid, Hyper Beam, Poison Fang, and Acid Armor; Aeroeon is a Flying type Eeveelution that can learn Air Cutter, Hyper Beam, Heat Wave, and Feather Dance; Drakeon is a Dragon type Eeveelution that can learn Dragon Rage, Hyper Beam, Draco Meteor, and Dragon Dance; Arthropeon is a Bug type Eeveelution that can learn Bug Bite, Hyper Beam, Megahorn, and String Shot; Terreon is a Ground type Eeveelution that can learn Mud Shot, Hyper Beam, Earthquake, and Sand Attack; Metaleon is a Steel type Eeveelution that learn Metal Claw, Hyper Beam, Iron Tail, and Metal Sound; Brawleon is a Fighting type Eeveelution that can learn Rock Smash, Hyper Beam, Close Combat, and Bulk Up; Jeweleon is a Rock type Eeveelution that can learn Rock Throw, Hyper Beam, Power Gem, and Sandstorm; Spectreon is a Ghost type Eeveelution that can learn Lick, Hyper Beam, Phantom Force, and Confuse Ray;
Toxipus is the Water type starter Pokémon which is based on the blue-ringed octopus that evolves into Water/Poison type Poisocto which evolves Octoxin which learns Water Gun, Poison Fang, Hydro Pump, and Smokescreen; Pyropol is the Fire type starter based on a fire coral polyp that will evolve into Fire/Rock types that can learn Ember, Poison Sting, Flamethrower, and Fire Spin; Olivus is the Grass type starter that’s based on an olive that will eventually evolve into an olive tree that becomes a Grass/Steel type that can learn Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Solar Beam, and Sunny Day; Starwie the Water/Fire type evolution of Hellican Starmie that learn Water Gun, Fire Spin, Solar Beam, and Sunny Day, Heliosicthys is the Water/Fire type evolution of Hellican Alomomola that can lean Solar Beam, Recover, Water Pulse, and Sunny Day, Galleon the Dark/Water type evolution of Hellican Pelipper that can learn Thief, Night Slash, Metal Claw, and Razor Wind; Minotaurian is a Fighting type Pokémon based on the Minotaur that can learn Brick Break, Headbutt, Mega Punch, and Scary Face. There’s also a Grass/Fire type Pokémon based on a burning tree and inspired by the burning bush from Christianity that can learn Wood Hammer, Flamethrower, Branch Poke, and Sunny Day; a Grass/Ice type Pokémon based on a frozen tree that can learn Wood Hammer, Ice Beam, Branch Poke, and Hail;
an Electric/Fire type Pokémon based on St. Elmo’s fire that can learn Thunder Shock, Ember, Thunderbolt, and Rain Dance; the other fossil Pokémon based on a *Utahraptor* that’s a Rock/Dark Pokémon that learns Ancient Power, Bite, Slash, and Shadow Claw; a Steel/Fire type Pokémon based on a steam locomotive that can Flame Charge, Steam Eruption, Take Down, and Iron Defense; a Water type Pokémon based on a giant squid that can learn Constrict, Water Gun, Wrap, and Smokescreen; a Water/Steel type Pokémon that is based on a swordfish that can learn Aqua Jet, Iron Tail, Peck, and Drill Run; a Water/Steel type Pokémon based on a razor clam that can learn Cut, Razor Shell, Metal Claw, and Harden; a Normal type Pokémon based on a Sasquatch that can learn Hammer Arm, Tackle, Ice Punch, and Roar; a Ground type two stage evolutionary family of Pokémon based on echidnas that can learn Dig, Lick, Crush Claw, and Sand Attack; a Ground type Pokémon based on an earthworm that can learn Dig, Hidden Power, Rest, and Sandstorm and they can evolve into Ground/Dark type Pokémon based on a nightcrawler type of earthworm; a Water/Electric type Pokémon based on a cumulonimbus cloud that can learn Thunderbolt, Thunder, Hail, and Rain Dance; a Water/Fighting type Pokémon based on a mermaid that can learn Aqua Jet, Brick Break, Aqua Tail, and Protect; a three stage evolutionary family of Poison/Dark type Pokémon based on gorgons that can learn Bite, Poison Fang, Acid, and Growl; a Electric/Flying type Pokémon based on a flying saucer that can learn Spark, Flash Cannon, Iron Defense, and Spotlight; a Flying type Pokémon based on a tornado that can learn Hurricane, Gust, Twister, and Whirlwind; a Fairy type Pokémon based on a leprechaun that can learn Pay Day, Disarming Voice, Hidden Power, Protect; an Ice/Steel type Pokémon based on a muskox that can learn Ice Shard, Skull Bash, Iron Head, and Headbutt; a Water/ice type Pokémon based on a narwhal that can learn Glacial Lance, Water Gun, Horn Drill, and Peck; a Fairy type Pokémon based on a unicorn that evolves into a Pokémon based on a winged unicorn that is a Fairy/Flying can learn Fairy Wind, Horn Attack, Fury Attack, and Horn Drill; a Flying/Fairy type Pokémon based on Pegasus that can learn Fairy Wind, Fly, Stomp, and Whirlwind; a Poison/Rock type Pokémon based on a stonefish that can learn Poison Sting, Smack Down, Water Gun, and Harden; a Legendary Pokémon that’s a Normal/Psychic type based on Hera that can learn Rage, Outrage, Curse, and Confusion; a Legendary Grass type Pokémon based on Demeter that can learn Bullet Seed, Solar Beam, Slash, and Sunny Day; a Legendary Fighting type Pokémon based on Ares that can learn Close Combat, Power Trip, Mega Punch, and Bulk Up; a Legendary Psychic/Fighting type Pokémon based on Athena that can learn Zen Headbutt, Mach Punch, Brick Break, and Meditate; a Legendary Fire/Psychic type Pokémon based on Apollo that can learn Solar Beam, Future Sight, Lock-On, and Sunny Day; a Dark/Psychic type Pokémon based on Artemis that can learn Moonblast, Pursuit, Hidden Power, and Lock-On; a Legendary Fire/Steel type Pokémon based on Hephaestus that can learn Eruption, Slam, Iron Head, and Protect; a Legendary Psychic/Fire type Pokémon based on Aphrodite that can learn Flamethrower, Psychic, Lovely Kiss, and Attract; a Legendary Flying type Pokémon based on Hermes that can learn Extreme Speed, Quick Attack, Fly, and Quick Guard; a Legendary Grass/Poison type Pokémon based on Dionysus that can learn Bullet Seed, Energy Ball, Rage, and Toxic; a Legendary Fire/Normal type Pokémon that’s based on Hestia that can learn Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Ember, and Protect;
an two stage evolutionary family of Normal/Flying type Pokémon based on the Greek monster known as the Caucasian eagle that can learn Crush Claw, Fly, Brave Bird, and Sky Attack; a Water/Dragon type Pokémon based on the Greek
monster knowns Cetus that can learn Water Pulse, Draco Meteor, Bite, and Dragon Rage; a Flying type Pokémon based on a Gryphon that can learn Wing Attack, Bite, Scratch, and Whirlwind; a Ghost/Dark type Pokémon based on a Spartus that can learn Night Slash, Pursuit, Shadow Sneak, and Recover; a Fighting type Pokémon based on a cyclops that can learn Strength, Close Combat, Hammer Arm, and Growl; a Mythical Fighting type Pokémon based on Heracles that can learn Strength, Dynamic Punch, Close Combat, and Bulk Up; an Ice type Pokémon that is based a reindeer that can evolve into a flying reindeer and can learn Horn Leech, Megahorn, Ice Shard, and Stomp; a Rock/Dragon Pseudo Legendary Pokémon based on a dragon made of stone that can learn Rock Throw, Power Gem, Draco Meteor, and Dragon Dance, a Dragon/Fairy type Pokémon that is based on the Ouroboros that can lear Dazzling Gleam, Draco Meteor, Moonblast, and Dragon Dance; a Bug type Pokémon based on a tardigrade that can learn Bug Bite, Defense Curl, Harden, and Protect; a Water/Psychic type Pokémon based on a dolphin that can learn Psychic, Water Spout, Hyper Voice, and Calm Mind; a Water/Ground type three step evolutionary family of constrictor snakes that can learn Earthquake, Wrap, Constrict, and Heavy Slam; a Water type Pokémon based on a mimic octopus that can learn Aqua Jet, Bite, Mimic, and Smokescreen; a Water type Pokémon based on a giant Pacific octopus that can learn Aqua Jet, Bite, Constrict, and Smokescreen; a Normal type Pokémon based on an aurochs that can learn Take Down, Horn Attack, Earthquake, and Headbutt; a three stage evolutionary family of Bug/Poison type Pokémon based on millipedes that can learn Bug Bite, Constrict, Poison Gas, and Defense Curl; a Grass/Poison type Pokémon based on a durian that can learn Energy Ball, Bullet Seed, Harden, and Poison Gas; a Water/Poison type Pokémon based on a lion fish that can learn Poison Jab, Water Gun, Poison Sting, and Ice Beam; a two stage evolutionary family of Normal type Pokémon based on eastern indigo snakes that can learn Headbutt, Skull Bash, Zen Headbutt, and Thrash; a two stage evolutionary family of Water/Flying type Pokémon based on flamingos that can learn Wing Attack, Peck, Water Gun, and Ice Beam; a Steel/Fire type Pokémon based on the Colchis Bull that can learn Iron Head, Flamethrower, Take Down, and Iron Defense; a Dragon/Poison type Pokémon based on Ladon that learn Acid, Draco Meteor, Poison Fang, and Dragon Dance; a Poison/Water type Pokémon based on the hydra that can learn Acid, Poison Fang, Water Gun, and Surf; a two stage evolutionary family of Electric/Flying Pokémon based on bats that can learn Thunder Shock, Wing Attack, Supersonic, Mean Look; a Dragon type Pokémon based on Lamia that can learn Draco Meteor, Wrap, Attract, and Captivate; a Fire/Poison type Pokémon based on a volcanic ash cloud that can learn Fire Spin, Gust, Whirlwind, and Poison Gas; a two stage evolutionary family of Normal type Pokémon based on hedgehogs that can learn Spike Cannon, Pin Missile, Rollout, and Defense Curl; and an Electric type Pikaclone based on a chinchilla that can learn Nuzzle, Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, and Tail Whip.

I had an idea for a few Fire types that are boosted by Water type attacks, perhaps based upon oil or some other organic compound. While preparing for my unfortunately Zoom-restricted chem labs, I had to take a safety exam even though both courses are remote. Part of the safety stuff I should know is that there are multiple types of fires, and not all of them can be extinguished by water. In fact, the safety booklet I was reading said that water-based extinguishers are uncommon in chem labs as they either have no effect on most fires found in a lab or only serve to make them worse. Two types of these fires are ones that involve organic chemicals, e.x. oil or propane, and active metal fires, which involve water-reactive metals, e.x. sodium or magnesium, or fine metal powders made of substances like aluminum. Okay, background aside...

Oilire
Fire/Ground
Oily Fire Pokémon
Ability: Hydrophobic
- This Pokémon is immune to Water type attacks.
Stats:
- HP: 95
- Attack: 80
- Defense: 50
- Special Attack: 100
- Special Defense: 110
- Speed: 90

Flarium
Fire/Steel
Metallic Fire Pokémon
Ability: Reactive Metal
- Boosts the Special Attack stat if hit by a Water-type move instead of taking damage.
Stats:
- HP: 80
- Attack: 70
- Defense: 75
- Special Attack: 120
- Special Defense: 80
- Speed: 100

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom