• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I got one. Pikaman. A new form of pikachu, looks like this. He can be Electric Normal, and way better than the crappy Raichu. Gawd. And maybe a new legendary: Ubertron the DeusExMachina pokemon. A vert rigged pokemon, it's stat base is OVER 9000! and it is very adept at completely demolish anybody else. None have survived it's attacks.

My sister and I had something like these in mind:

MO_12738.png

Leopard Pokes FTW.

What types were you thinking of for it?

I have another good one:
Fire-Flying. Peacock that evolves into a raptor of some sort.
Normal-Flying. Robin that evolves into a red-tailed hawk. Perfect for around here.
Electric-Flying. Golden eagle.
Ice-Flying. Bald eagle.
Rock-Ground. Golem. Not like the Poke "Golem" but like the actual golem of legend. (Maybe Ground-Rock, then?)
Ghost-type evo of Eevee. I like "Psyon" as a possible name for it.
What would happen if Eevee got a pure Flying-type evo?

Fire-Flying. Peacock that evolves into a raptor of some sort.
Normal-Flying. Robin that evolves into a red-tailed hawk. Perfect
I just had the idea to compress these two into a single evolutionary family, Robin → Peacock → Red-tail Hawk. Either a Fire-type starter, which would go with (see below), or a Normal-Flying with significant Fire attributes (like how Hoothoot and Noctowl are Normal-Flying with significant Psychic attributes). If Fire starters, they would all be Fire-Flying.

An idea for a Grass-type Starter:
Wren → Bigger Wren → Owl. I would call the set "Bushwing → Leaftail → Treebeak" of portmanteaux of words referring to trees (bush, leaf, tree) and of words referring to avian anatomy (wing, tail, beak). Needless to say, leaf attacks (Razor Leaf, Magical Leaf, Leaf Storm) would be these starters' signature attacks. They would all be Grass-Flying.

Along those lines, the Water-type starter could be a mallard duck that evolves into a Canada goose that evolves into a mute swan.

what do you guys think of a pokemon based off of a mermaid?

wouldn't it be cool to have a mermaid pokemon on your team? like the legends say it can have to formes (water and land), so it would be a water/ground type or a psychic type pokemon with a gender ratio of 7:1 (7 being female and 1 being male). it would also be considered a legendary pokemon for being so elusive and since its considered a legendary pokemon it would be powerful like Lucario is or any of the psuedo-legendary pokemon. mermaids are one of the most beautiful and graceful creatures in legend so wouldn't it be great to have a pokemon be based off one? i would difinitely love to see one, that would be awesome. :-D

also i would like to see pokemon be based off of these legendary creatures:

griffin/gryphon
harpies/harpy
sphinx
hydra (this could also be a new water type move)
satyr

Re: what do you guys think of a pokemon based off of a mermaid?

I don't know. I don't think it would be too good, as it would have to look very human-ish (well, the top half anyway). The other creatures you listed sure, but I'm not sure about the mermaid.

A mermaid, huh? Now that's an interesting concept. It could be a female legendary Pokemon.

griffin/gryphon
harpies/harpy
sphinx
satyr

I like these.

I don't know. I don't think it would be too good, as it would have to look very human-ish (well, the top half anyway). The other creatures you listed sure, but I'm not sure about the mermaid.

the upper part doesn't have to be so human-ish.

More fap material for Gardi fans.

:dumb:

Now that you mention.. There's no mermaid pokemon.. XD

I don't know. I don't think it would be too good, as it would have to look very human-ish (well, the top half anyway).
Well.. The human-ish should be like Jynx or Gardevoir.. No big deal..

Gorebyss and Milotic are closest things we have, currently.

I wouldn't want one. Too humanish.

...Unless it was a reverse mermaid!

griffin/gryphon
harpies/harpy
sphinx
satyr
These sound good...

I don't know how the mermaid could be done...

Making a generation largely based on mythical creatures would be a really cool motif. o.o We already have Lucario as Anubis and I'm sure loads of other non-legendary examples, why not go further?

Also, since mermaids are allegedly sailors' misinterpretations of seals, wouldn't that make Seel and Dewgong mermai- *shot*

I would like to see a ghost type that is a prisoner. I made a sprite of it that I will upload tomorrow.

I have a really good idea for a genV legendary. Since Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon, how about an OMEGA Pokemon?

Volteel-The Electric eel Pokemon
Water/Electric type
Ability: Volt Absorb
Dex entry-Volteels Tail powers itself from it's prey's prana (body electricity) once fully charged, a single strike can deliver a fatal ammount of Electricity.
Volteel has an electric signature Move, Lightning Tail. This attack has 15 PP, 90 power, 95 accuracy and may also leave the opponent paralyzed. The Pichu line can learn by breeding, and Seviper can learn through Chain breeding.

Zeta's Big List of Unused Pokemon Concepts

Generation V is on the horizon. Every generation some idiot claims "Oh, GameFreak is out of ideas, there aren't any new concepts to base new Pokemon on!"

I make this list every generation to prove them WRONG.

Misc Invertebrates:
Cuttlefish: I'm thinking Cuttlefish > Squid > Giant Squid

Earthworm: This is another gimmie. (Bug/Ground)

Garden Snail: It would be nice to have a snail Pokemon that isn't made of lava (Bug/Grass)

Giant Squid: Legendary or as the end of an evolutionairy line.

Hermit Crab: No, Slowbro doesn't count. It could have a bunch of hold items that make it's shell look different and give it different Abilities. Like a crab version of Arceus. (Bug/Water)

Horseshoe Crab: Modern-day Kabuto?

Pistol Shrimp: Can cause actual sonic booms in the water. Would be awesome.

Praya dubia: Really unique creature that looks fictional. Like a living band of deep-sea Christmas lights. Be best if it somehow floated outside of water.

Sea Anemone: Paired with a clownfish (Water/Poison)

Sea Cucumber: It could spit out it's own organs to attack. (Water/Grass)

Sea Sponge: Wouldn't object to one. (Water)

Sea Urchin: Another ball-type Pokemon that would learn Self-Destruct like Voltorb and Pineco. (Rock/Poison)

Shrimp: As one of the smallest Water-type Pokemon. (Water/Bug)

Squid: Done up as a rival for Octillery. (Water)

Insects and Arachnids:
Ant: Would be similar to Combee, but (Fire/Bug)

Bombadier Beetle: Kaboom. Flamethrower, Self Destruct. Etc. Buttfire attack. (Fire)

Black Widow: Should have a more powerful version of Toxic as a signature move. (Bug/Poison)

Centipede: Should evolve into a prehistoric giant one with Ancient Power. Bug/Ground or Ground/Poison or something. (Bug)

Cockroach: They're everywhere but in Pokemon. Could be the new common bug type for a new generation. Probably have high evasion and HP. Pidgeons and rats but no roaches? (Bug/Dark)

Dung Beetle: For the sake of hilarity.

Fire Beetle: Huge, feathery antlers and (Bug/Fire)

Flea: Probably evolves into a tick.(Bug/Poison)

Grasshopper: An athletic version of Kricketune. With Bounce. (Bug/Grass)

House Fly: Oh come on. Why don't we have one yet? Another common vendor trash Pokemon. (Bug/Flying)

Jewel Beetle: Iridescent green. (Grass/Psychic)

Jumping Spider: This would be cool. (Bug)

Katydid: Related to Walking Stick, probably. (Bug/Grass)

Lightning Bug: I know we have Volbeat and Illumise, but it'd still be nice to have a Lighting Bug that's actually (Bug/Electric)

Monarch Butterfly: Very pretty, and not many know it's poisonous! The most popular butterfly species. (Bug/Poison)

Mosquito: Like Zubat, but different. (Bug/Poison)

Pillbug: Bug/Rock? Rollout?

Scarab: Some connection with an egyptian theme.

Stink Bug: A Bug-type take on Stunky. (Bug/Poison)

Termite: Along with an Ant-type Pokemon as it's rival. (Bug/Grass.)

Tarantula: An improvement over Ariados, I think. Big and scary and hairy. (Bug/Dark)

Tick: Probably related to a flea. (Bug/Poison)

Walking Stick: Bug/Grass, similar to Katydid?

Water Boatman: A beetle that could be a Surskit that STAYS (Water/Bug)

Mammals:
Arctic Fox: Counterpart to Vulpix. (Ice)

Arctic Hare: Cuter, Ice-version of Buneary. (Ice)

Beluga Whale: Cute, marketable, nice for an Ice-type (Ice/Water).

Bison: Huge and intimidating. Majestic. Maybe a Tauros evolution, but could just as well stand on it's own. (Rock? Grass?)

Black Panther: Possibly with ability to shift between black (Ghost) and spotted (Normal).

Bush Baby: Ridiculously adorable and possibly part of a lemur chain. Extremely marketable. Imagine a grey Pikachu with bigger eyes. (Dark)

Capybara: World's largest rodent. Lives near the water. They can do something with it. (Normal?)

Camel: I know we have Numel, but Camerupt looks more like an ox than a camel.

Cheetah: With high speed stat. Electic-type with high speed? (Electric)

Chevrotain: A group of pygmy deer that look like a cross between deer and mice. Ridiculously
cute. Starter material. (Grass)

Chipmunk: As yet another commonmon like Rattatta/Bidoof/Sentret etc. They're starting to run low on rodents. (Normal)

Dolphin: At this point, it's absurd it hasn't been done yet. A better question is why have we gone 10 years without one? (Water/Psychic)

Donkey: Portrayed as the loser cousin of Ponyta, possibly (Dark).

Elephant Seal: Grotsequely interesting. (Water/Rock)

Ermine: The luxurious winter coat could be an emphasized trait. (Ice)

Fruitbat: Please .. . someone replace Zubat with anything. Good lord we need a new bat. Zubat is ugly and annoying. (?/Flying)

Flying Squrrel: Japanese flying Squirrels, the Momonga, are particularly crazy adorable. If they need an evolution for Pachirisu, or just to stand on it's own. They add a new Pikachu squirrel thing every gen. Could we please break the mold and make it Electric/Flying? (Normal/Flying or Electric/Flying).

Gazelle: Also electic? Something for Luxio to eat? Luxray's prey? (Electric)

Giant Anteater: It looks like a Pokemon already. I picture this as a grass-type with a vine for a tongue. (Grass?)

Giant Panda: Please? Spinda isn't very panda-y. (Fire, if related to Red Panda)

Gorilla: Large, more noble than Slaking. Not really sure if I count Slaking as a gorilla. (Fighting)

Hamster: Thought Bidoof was one. Apparently not. It's one of Japan's most popular pets. Might as well put one in. Maybe use Cyndaquil's old design and make it Fire-type? (Fire)

Indian Elephant: I think there's still room for a traditional elephant rather than the tire/elephant combination that Donphan is. (Water/Ground)

Kangaroo: If they want to do a less reptile-like version than Kangaskhan, there's still potential. Aside from the pouch, Kangaskhan isn't very kangarooy. (Fighting/Ground)

Jaguar: If they play up the South/Middle American aspects of it. (Fire?)

Japanese Macaque: The famous hot-spring primates. I know we have lots of monkeys already, but this is for Ice/Fighting. With a resistance to Fire as it's ability, since they swim in hot springs. (Fire/Ice or Ice/Fighting)

Kangaroo Rat: Kangaroo Rats/Jeroba already look like Pokemon. (Ground/Electric?)

Koala Bear: It would be the most marketable thing ever. (Normal?)

Lemming: Ice-type Rodent with Self-Destruct and Aftermath. Jihad the mouse. (Ice)

Leopard Seal: Pretty scary creatures, actually. (Water)

Llama: Could be made pretty funny. For the sake of hilarity. (Normal? Grass?)

Lynx: Fire-type kitty? Could see it as a Fire-type with flaming ears. (Fire)

Manatee: Gentle freswhater creature associated with plants. Seems like another Ground/Water to me. Or possibly Grass/Water if they want to make it kelpy. (Water/Grass).

Moose: Emphasis on horns and cold-living (Ice)

Narwhal: Already seems like a Pokemon. Evolution of dolphin? (Water/Steel)

Okapi: Visually striking, a very interesting animal. Baby Girafarig or something on it's own. (Psychic?)

Opussum: A smaller version of Snorlax with a different type and hanging upside-down. Many things you could do with it. Mimic and Fake-Tears sort of Pokemon like Bonsly and Mime Jr. (Dark)

Platypus: No, I don't count Psyduck, mostly because the evolution is very un-platypus like. Considering everything real-life platypuses can do, you could do a lot with a platypus Pokemon. I
see it being a gender dimorphic Pokemon. Males (Water/Poison), females (Water/Electric).

Polar Bear: Should be the ice-type representative. Ice-type, plz. Polar Bear would be awesome. (Ice, Ice/Fighting?)

Porcupine: This is one of those creatures that it's just surprising we don't have yet. Posion quills? (Grass/Poison?)

Racoon: Because Zigzagoon isn't one. (Dark)

Red Panda: It would be a challenge to make these more cute in Pokemon form than in real life. Fire-type? Pre-evolution of Giant Panda? (Fire)

Red River Hog: A very distinctive pig species that already looks like a Pokemon (Fire/Ground).

Reindeer: Ice-type Stantler? It should be able to learn Fly and Signal Beam. (Ice/Normal)

River Dolphin: Pink, cute, probably be good for a shrunken-down change of pace instead of Goldeen (Water).

Snow Leopard: Perfect concept already (Ice)

Sperm Whale: The most recognizable species of all. Deepest divers of all certainly seems like a trait. Bonus points if it's albino. (Water/Dark???)

Sugar Glider: Cute and popular creature. (Grass/Flying?)

Tiger: A non-legendary one. As a counterpart to Luxray (Fire)

Mole: An actual mole, not Diglett. It'd be nice to have a more detailed mole instead of the creepy things that are Diglett and Dugtrio (Ground)

Mountain Goat / Bighorn Sheep: I keep on picturing this as a Rock/Normal Pokemon with a goat's body and horns of granite. Easily-done by making the horns rock-like (Rock).

Ring-Tailed Lemur: Probably the most recognizable of the Lemurs. Dark-type. Maybe evolves from Bush Baby? (Dark?)

Warthog: Emphasis on living in arid environments, relative of Swinub (Ground/Dark? ).

Wildebeast: Distinctive black African animal. (Dark/Grass?)

Wolf: Could be very cool. Ice or Normal or Dark. Normal/Dark?

Yak: Either related to a bison or as a stand-alone (Ice).

Zebra: They seem to be working on one already. Psychic with psychedelic stripes? (Electric/Psychic)

Birds:
Albatross: If you base it on the Flying Dutchman story and give it Curse and some ability that curses the victor if it gets knocked out. (Ghost/Water)

Arctic Tern: It has the longest migration of any animal (North to South Pole). Surely that makes it noteworthy. (Ice/Flying)

Bald Eagle: Is there anyone who wouldn't recognize this guy? We really don't have any clear-cut birds of prey Pokemon. (?/Flying)

Bird Of Paradise: Very cool-looking birds that would work great as Fire-types.

Black Crowned-Crane: Very distinctive and pretty bird (?/Flying)

Bluebird: With Happiness-related evolutions. (?/Flying)

Bluejay: Widespread and recognizable birds, could be counterparts to the cardinals. (?/Flying)

Buzzard: Dark/Flying, probably.

Canary: If they need a cute, normal bird.

Cardinal: Great candidate for sexual dimorphism. (Fire/Flying)

Cassowary: The world's deadliest species of bird. Essentially living velociraptors but with a worse temper. (Fighting/Flying).

Cockatoo: As a non-Legendary take on Zapdos, with the lighting-like crest and white body. (Electric/Flying).

Dove: Basically I'm thinking a flying version of Wobbuffet. Can't learn any direct damage moves. (Psychic/Flying)

Flamingo: Why don't we have one already? Visually striking and could be entertaining. (?/Flying)

Frigatebird: A species of Pelican with a huge, ruby-colored throat. (Water/Flying)

Goose: Farfetch'd evolution? (Normal/Flying)

Hornbill: A large group of interesting-looking birds. (?/Flying)

Hummingbird: Ruby-throated, preferably. High speed stat. Collects honey. Movepool similar to Vespiquen or Beedrill. Can learn Bug Buzz. So many possibilities. Stats like that of Ninjask, probably. (Grass/Flying)

Kookaburra: The most recogizable of the fishing birds. (Dark/

Kiwi: Super-cute flightless bird. Very cute possibilities for design. (Grass/Ground?)

Lovebirds: These guys would also drop heart-scales, and be similar to a flying Luvdisc. They would be psychically-linked pairs of birds that fight as one. (Psychic/Flying)

Ornate Hawk Eagle: This bird just looks totally badass. (?/Flying)

Ostritch: Considering that Doduo is a little . . . off and kind of generic, the possibility of a new Ostritch / Emu / Rhea Pokemon is left open, I think. (Ground)

Parakeet / Budgerigars: Common pet, recognizable. Make a good Grass/Flying type.

Partridge / Quail: With the distinctive crest and babies, could be a good choice for a generation's common bird mon. (Normal/Flying).

Peacock: This is another one that is a gimmie. Psychic/Flying or Grass/Flying with sparkling tail feathers. (Psychic/Flying)

Peregine Falcon: One of the world's fastest divers. (?/Flying)

Puffin: So cute, they're basically flying penguins! (Ice/Flying)

Roadrunner: Would be like Ninjask + Dodrio, Maybe Fire? With high speed? (Normal/Flying or Fire)

Robin: Red-breasted. Could be a generic Normal/Flying or play up the European connection to Christmas.

Quetzal: You could mix with with the Quetzalcoatl myths to get something interesting. (Rock/Grass).

Scarlet Ibis: A fiery and rare species of bird. (?/Flying)

Scarlet Macaw: The most recognizable species of parrot in the world. (Fire/Flying)

Shoebill: A species of blue water-bird with a goofy mouth. (Water/Flying)

Snow Goose: As a non-legendary version of Articuno (Ice/Flying)

Snowy Owl: Could use this to make a more mystical version of Noctowl and play up the wizard's companion aspects. (Psychic/Flying)

Spoonbill: A species of gorgeous pink fishing birds. (?/Flying)

Stork: Only if it carries Pokemon eggs. (?/Flying)

Swan: Do it like Milotic and make it evolve from an ugly baby with a high Beauty stat. (Water/?)

Toucan: There's very few ways to screw this up. Evolution of Chatot or something of it's own. (?/Flying)

Turkey: As long as it's delicious. (?/Flying)

Vulture: An easy design (Dark/Flying) or (Ghost/Flying). Related to buzzard somehow

Woodpecker: It knows Drill Peck in real-life! Grass/Flying with Drill Peck, Wood Hammer, and similar attacks? (Normal/Flying or Grass/Flying)

Reptiles
Basilisk: Giant frills on head, tail, and back. Looks fantastic. (Grass/Poison?)

Boa/Python: How did we go this long with no constructors? (Dark/Fighting?)

Chrysopelea: Gliding snakes. A snake that can fly. Is there need for anything else? (Poison/Flying)

Egyptian Cobra: Even though we already have a cobra, we don't have one to play up the connection to Egyptian mythology. Give this thing a pharaoh's hat. (Ground/Poison)

Flowerpot Snake: A bright pink blind snake that eats ant eggs and lives near foliage. They're also asexual! (Grass)

Gharial/Caiman: As non-Starter Totodiles and company. Play up their log-like appearences. (Water/Grass)

Gila Monster: It's already called a monster . . . (Dark/Fire?)

Green Vine Snake: A species of snake that disguises themselves as plants to hunt birds (Grass)

Horned Lizard/Horny Devil: Covered in spikes and can shoot things from it's eyes. (Poison/Ground)

Iguana: Common lizard pet. (Grass, Normal, or Grass/Normal)

Komodo Dragon: Pure badass. (Fire/Dragon)

Frilled Lizard: Great design, could include fire in the frill. (Fire)

Marine Iguana: Beautiful coloring, unique habitat. (Water)

Sea Turtle: Called for, by this point. (Water/Rock or /Steel)

Snakeneck Turtle: Very cool turtle species (Water/?)

Toad: Or some sort of large bull-frogish thing that lives in more arid areas. (Normal?)

Tokay Gecko: It's blue with red spots! (Ground)

Worm-Lizards: Just damn creepy (Ground)

Amphibians:
Alpine Newt: These newts actually have two different forms they change into seasonally, aquatic and terrestrial. (Has a Water/Ground Forme and a Rock/Ground Forme)

Caecilians: Basically the Amphibious take on snakes. (Water/Ground)

Fire Salamander: Fire/Water candidate that makes sense. (Fire/Water)

Hellbender/Japanese Giant Salamander: Make it truly gigantic to seperate it from Quagsire. (Water/?)

Siren/Olm: Basically look like real-life nagas. (Water/Psychic?)

Surinam Toad: These things are totally freaking scary. Their young rip themselves out of burrows in their backs. So it'd have Vespiquen's abilities. (Bug/Water)

Treefrog: A companion for Treecko. (Grass)

Fish
American Paddlefish: This thing looks hilarious (Water)

Angelfish: For the sake of prettyness.

Arawana: These things are gigantic and really awesome. (Rock/Water)

Archerfish: A real-life animal that actually shoots water-gun.

Barracuda: Dark/Water companion to Sharpedo?

Beta: Fighting/Water, only awesome.

Clownfish: It could come with an anemone attached to it's body. (Water/Poison)

Electric Catfish: There are a lot of electrical aquatic animals, eh? But with the Japanese perception of Catfish as having power over the Earth . . . (Ground/Electric)

Electric Eel: Can't believe we got Electric Anglerfish first. (Water/Electric)

Electric Torpedo Ray: It's a ray that shoots lighting ALREADY (Water/Electric)

Flounder: Ugly on purpose. Water/Ground?

Dragonfish: This frightening deep-sea predator is born in a larval state that has eyestalks that vanish as it grows older. (Dark/Dragon)

Flying Fish: This is a gimmie. (Water/Flying)

Giant Grouper: Play up the size and make it Wailmer size. (Water)

Goblin Shark: This thing is pretty monstrous enough. (Dark/Water)

Great White Shark: It would be nice to have a Shark Pokemon that isn't part burrowing dragon and isn't missing half of it's body.

Hammerhead Shark: Visually distinct and recognizable. I'm not counting Garchomp.

Lionfish: Poison/Water. Pretty and deadly.

Lungfish: Primitive amphibious fish, in their own category. (Water/Ground)

Marlin: Water/Steel.

Moray Eel: Give it leopard spots for added effect (Water/Dark)

Moorish Idol: A very popular tropical fish. (Water/Psychic?)

Oarfish: A gorgeous elongated fish. (Water)

Ocean Sunfish: These guys are so cute and cool. Goofy and fun-looking. Extra brownie points if it lives out of water and just levitates around. (Water)

Ornate Wobbegong: A camouflaged shark that lays on rocks and looks like a living rock. (Water/Rock)

Pipefish: A relative of Horsea. (Water/Dragon)

Salmon: This is such a basic fish, and you could get some cool flavor over the long migrations it goes through to spawn. Salmons also have a LOT of visual variation and come in a rainbow of colors. It could be a Pokemon that comes in seven colors (real Salmon can be yellow, blue, red, green, grey, pink, and black), like Shellos taken to the next level, for instance. (Water)

Sawfish: It's a shark with a saw for a face. Need I say more? (Water/Steel)

Sardine/Achiovy: I'm seeing a water-version of Dugtrio, tightly packed with a communal body. (Water)

Splendid Toadfish: This thing looks pretty splendid, alright. Spots, stripes, and bright fins. (Water)

Stingray: Because Matine doesn't sting. (Water/Poison)

Viperfish: It's like a xenomorph from Aliens mixed with an anglerfish and an eel (Water/Dark)

Whale Shark: Gentle giants of the sea. Slightly smaller than Wailord.
(Water)

Plants:
Autumn Tree: A anthropomorphic tree of some sort deciduous tree with tree with golden autumn leaves. Primarily for the visual effect it would give. (Grass/Ghost, Grass/Fire, or Grass/Dark).

Fern: Ferns are a major category of plants that Pokemon hasn't covered yet. Damned if I'd know what they would do with it. Curly something or other. (Grass)

Mandrake: Both the mythical and regular ones could work as a Pokemon.

Orchid: If they need another flower Pokemon, Orchids are pretty distinctive.

Pineapple: A Grass version of Pineco?

Pumpkin / Jack-O-Lantern: Need one very bad. Ghost/Grass or Fire/Grass.

Strawberry: Strawberries are very popular in Japan and worldwide. They're often anthropomorphized in Japanese entertainment. It'd be a nice complement to Cherubi. (Grass)

Thistles: Some sort of "weed" Pokemon that sticks to things.

Tree: Just a common sort of tree with a face in it. Very traditional sort of creature but we're lacking it.

Extinct Animals:
Armagasaurus: Imagine if Steogosaurus and Apatosaurus had babies.

Andrewsarchus: One of the largest predatory mammals to ever live. It was basically the size of a giant bear, had hooves, looked like a wolf, and is the ancestor of dolphins.

Ankylosaurus: It mostly designs itself, considering how cartoony these things were. (Rock)

Apatosaurus: Very recognizable dinosaur.

Archaeopteryx: A beautiful and historically important creature that could be done in an appealing fashion (?/Flying)

Archaelon: Giant sea turtle. (Water/Steel)

Baryonyx: A very cool fishing dinosaur, that had the lifestyle of a bear mixed with a heron.

Brontotherium: One of the rhino's coolest ancestors.

Brachiosaurus: As an absurdly tall Pokemon. (Water?)

Carnotaurus: Like T-Rex with an ugly face and horns.

Compsognathus: The smallest of the recognizable dinosaurs.

Dilophosaurus: Could take the Jurassic park route and make them Poison-types.

Dimetrodon: Visually striking and the old idea about the fin absorbing heat could lend itself well to a plant-based creature. (Grass)

Dinornis Maximus: A 12-foot tall ostrich. (Rock/Flying)

Dodo: Lots of potential for an endangered Pokemon storyline.

Dunkleosteus: Highly armored early fish. (Water/Steel)

Hesperornis: Aquatic sea-birds with gigantic feet used as boat paddles. Look like a cross between penguins and seals. Adorably unique and crazy. (Water)

Iguanodon: One of the first dinosaurs discovered. Could evolve from it's mistaken Iguana-like form into how it really looked.

Indircotherium: The largest land mammal ever. (Ground)

Ichtyosaurus: As a companion or derivative of Lapras. (Water)

Kronasaurus: The T-Rex of the sea.

Parasaurolophus: Great potential for visuals and movesets involving Sound. (Water)

Platypus Frog: A very weird, rate, and extinct species of frog that kept it's babies in it's digestive tract, and so could puke them out at will. (Normal/Dark?)

Pterasaurs: Any new ones would do, considering Aerodactyl doesn't even evolve and looks little like any known Pterosaurs.

Sabertooth Tiger: To go along with Mamoswine.

Spinosaurus: Probably evolving from another dinosaur large and impressive. (Steel/Fire)

Stegosaurus: Recognizable and with a good potential for a movepool such as Needle Arm or Rollout. (Steel)

Tasmanian Tiger/Wolf/Thylacine: Normal/Rock-type predator Pokemon revived from a fossil?

Terror Bird / Diatryma / Phorusracidae: Gigantic bird of doom. (Rock)

Therizinosaurus: This was an herbivorous dinosaur that basically naturally had wolverine claws.

Tyrannosaurus: At this point, there's no real excuse for this not being a Pokemon, and in a clearer and better way than Tyranitar. (Rock? Fire?)

Velociraptor: It's just so damn recognizable and popular because of Michael Chriton that it should be used eventually (Fire/Rock?)

Wooly Rhinocerous: Rock/Ice?

Mythical:
Abura-sumashi: Japanese oil gnome. Ghost/Fire?

Alicorn: Obviously would evolve from a unicorn.

Ame-furi-kozo: A Water-type counterpart to Snorunt.

Aosaginohi: A flaming crane. In other words, a plausible Fire/Water type.

Basilisk: No, I don't think Giratina is one.

Catoblepas: Poison cow would be hilarious.

Cait Sidhe / Grimalkin: Some sort of magical cat.

Centaur: Obviously less humanoid, but would still work.

Cerebus: Fire/Dark. Evolution of Houndoom?

Chimera: Fire . . . something.

Cockatrice: Related to Basilisk? Flying/Dark?

Cyclops: Less humanoid. Mostly we just need a Pokemon with a big single eye.

Dracolich: Ghost/Dragon, but not Legendary like Giratina.

Dryad: Grass-type.

Firebreathing Dragon: Fire/Dragon is like the most obvious combination we need.

Gargoyle: Not like Gligar. More like a Rock-type with Levitate or something.

Gorgon: Just something with snake-like hair.

Griffin: My personal favorite mythological creature.

Harpy: Less humanoid. I'm picturing a bird with a elvish face and hands.

Hippocampus: The new Lapras.

Hippogriff: Maybe related to a Griffin.

Hydra or Orochi: Legendary. With some sort of regen ability.

Ifrit: Fire/Ghost, because it's a cool idea.

Ittan-momen: Another Ghost/Flying. Hilarious looking.

Flying Pig: For hilarity's sake.

Karakasa-Obake: Ghost/Flying or Ghost/Water. Whichever.

Karasu-Tengu: More Flying than Shiftry.

Kirin: More traditional than Rapidash.

Kraken: Legendary slightly based on Cthullu?

Manticore: Psychic something.

Mermaid: Aquatic version of Gardevoir? Or done in that style at least.

Minotaur: Mutant Tauros!

Mummy: Pure Ghost-type with Curse.

Naga: More of the idea of a snake with arms than with a human's torso.

Ningyo: Minature Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Nue: Legendary, perhaps?

Ouroboros: Probably also work best as a Legendary. Dark/Psychic?

Pegasus: Probably related to Alicorn or Unicorn.

Quetzalcoatl: Legendary. Not sure what type would work best. Fire as a sun god?

Roc: A Legendary Flying-type as big as Wailord.

Sea Serphent: Less like Gyarados and Dragonair and more like a
Water/Dragon that looks more western.

Siren: Birds with human faces that sing people to sleep?

Sphinx: Rock/Psychic with some sort of riddle ability.

Unicorn: Less Rapidash and more My Little Pony.

Will-O'-Wisp: Teeny Ghost-type.

Yatagarasu: Legendary three-legged crow, Dark/Fire?

Yeti: Evolves from the Japanese Maceque? Also Fighting/Ice?

Yggdrasil: Some sort of giant Legendary Pokemon that's a living tree.
Like the Great Deku Tree or something.

Objects:
Candle: Fire spirit animating a magic candle?

Chicxulub Meteor: A Pokemon that's a living Meteor, and not just any meteor, the one that killed the dinosaur. Legendary. (Rock/Dark, Rock/Ghost, or Rock/Psychic)

Kite: Pure flying.

Lightbulb: Electric

Skeleton: Ghost/Ground. Probably a cute-sort of tiny skeleton creature.

Snowman: Pure Ice. We need one.

Tribal Mask: I think an animated tribal mask like Majora's would make a cool Pokemon.

Trojan Horse: A giant horse made out of wood seems like something funny to me. Pure Grass-type? With a bunch of littler wooden horses inside of it? XD

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom