• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Well, to name a few:

Frapumy (Normal) evolution of Delcatty.
Ickest (Poison/Oil) evolution of Muk.
*By the way, I've made an oil type.
Hocispocus (Psychic/Magic) evolution of Kadabra.
*Oh, and a magic type.
Rhyceratop (Ground/Rock) evolution of Rhydon.
Savahna (Normal) evolution of Persian.
Bluduck (Water/Magic) evolution of Golduck.
Geckleon (Normal) evolution of Kecleon.
Elephant (Ground/Electric) evolution of Donphan.
Exatue (Ghost) evolution of Banette.
Velodactyl (Rock/Flying) evolution of Aerodactyl.
Neinpine (Rock/Dark) evolution of Sudowoodo.

I have many more, but most of them are either terrible or more new types.

I see what you're trying to do, but it just won't work. Delcatty is evolved by stone right? So people would be pissed if they have to evolve it AGAIN. To be honest I don't understand Magic and Oil types in the slightest. Psychic is magic, and oil is generally grouped with Poison as well. Also, Kadabra and Rhydon already have evos unless you mean branched. Also, a lot of the originals don't need changes, or the changes are too erratic, like Elephant. Speaking of that, I think you should drop the "t" from Elephant, for obvious reasons. HOWEVER, I think the Sudo' and Banette evos were very clever! Now, I don't mean to bash you, but a few tweaks (And I mean few) and they'll look like they're from Gen.VI!
Since I can't leave without my own, here are some;
Allogeist-Steel/Ghost Lvl. 33 to
Plasmine-Steel/Ghost;
Steampine Grass/Fire Fire Stone to
Savanheat Grass/Fire;
Grinchink Steel/Ice Lvl. 27 to
Minosicle Steel/Ice

Might as well post my idea for Oposnatch in detail. Design-wise, it is a bipedial blackish-gray opossum with a white face, hooked red nose, a sickle-like tail, and silver streaks on its back, and a cute little snaggletooth. It would be an early dark-type, a la Poochyena and Purrloin, only a little more useable. They would have a 5% chance of appearing at daytime, and 90% chance at night. 50/50 gender ratio. It would have a unique ability, Play Dead, where it has a chance of surviving an attack that would normally faint it, regardless of HP remaining. The success of the ability reduces the more it succeeds. Early on, it learns moves like Bite, Scratch, and, uniquely, Snatch. Later, it learns moves like Crunch, Night Slash, and Sucker Punch. At level 30, and only at night, it evolves into Ferrossum, which is twice the size, has protruding, sharp teeth, and has scars and a bitten ear, showing its will to fight. Its line's Pokedex entries would describe Oposnatch as a sneaky but playful companion, that likes to steal stuff. Ferrossum would be described as highly hostile toward strangers, but will guard its trainer with its life. Both of them, however, enjoy playing dead. Finally, the line mainly focuses on attack and speed, and lacks a lot of defense.

Huge

Starters:

Leali - Grass Type Starter, looks like a small koala like Pokémon, apparently made of grass, it has flowers on its paws.
Lealon - Evolution of Leali at Lv15, it is a biggeer, and quadrupedal Leali, it now has two viny Tails,and its arms have sticks coming out of it, it also has more prominent Teeth and Claws.
Learai - Evolution of Lealon at Lv37, it is Biped again and wears a steel samurai helmet, it also wields a Katana with a trunk handle, it's arms are also made of Tree Trunks and its tail is now a small green tree. It now is Grass/Steel, it has good Attack and Defense, Bad Speed and HP and the rest is average.

Flirmin - Fire Type Starter, it is a small Ant-Like Pokémon, it has a cute round face, black eyes, flames at its feet and at its body's end, and two little horns at the top of its head.
Magmaug - Flirmin's Evolution at Lv15, it is now a Fire/Bug Type and it has small still growing wings, it also has a stinger at it's tail's end, it looks more like a Scorpion now and circles of fire around its body.
Explof - Magmaug's Evolution at Lv37, it now has is bipedal, has a smaller body, with only a pair of legs to stand, two pairs of arms ending in claws, fully developed four flaming butterfly wings, it's face now has lost some of its bug-like traits, and it now has flaming antennae and its feet and hands now have little embers embedded on them. It has good Speed and Special Attack, Average Defenses and Bad Attack and HP.
Tidak - it is a Blue Cat Pokémon, it has neat fur, with some black spots, a Grey Stripe runs through its face, its paws have small fins attached to them.
Whirlpard - Evolution of Tidak at Lv 15 it's basically a bigger and buffer Tidakk, it now is also more graceful, its paws are shaped like seashells, its fur is also a lighter blue color, with lots of more black spots, its tail is now Purple, with an oar-looking end.
Tsusaber - Evolution of Whirlpard at Lv37, it now looks even buffer, it's forehead now has a compass like crest, it is of a darker Blue coloration, it has Icicle saber teeth, it's claws and whiskers are also made of Ice, it's tail is longer and looks like an Whale's Tail, but has some Icicles pointing upward on it, it also has an shark-fin shaped Icicle on its back. It has Good Special Attack and Speed, bad Defense and Attack and average HP and Special Defenses. It is Also Water/Ice now.

I had an idea;
Drumbae
Dragon / Psychic
A Dragon of sorts, but instead of a mouth on it's face, it's mouth is on the end of it's tail. Where the mouth should be, instead there is a speaker. It would sing it's enemies to sleep, or use a sonic sound wave to damage it.

Timudjinn
Timugenie
Timugiant

All three are Water/Ghost, and should be based on the whole 'genie in a bottle' idea...assuming the bottle is a bottle of water, of course :lol:
Don't know where I got 'timu' from as a prefix, but 'djinn' means 'genie', 'genie' IS 'genie' and 'giant' is...well...giant.

Type: Ghost/Steel
Abilities: Shadow Tag/ Shield Dust
Basic Stat Info: High Defense and Sp. Defense, with rather high Sp. Attack, low attack and very low speed.

Type: Psychic/Dark
Abilities: Magic Guard/Magic Bounce
Basic Stat Info: High Speed, low HP, otherwise a little sub par stat wise.

Moves coming soon

Before I post, I have come up with almost a whole new generation. I have details but no pictures, so i'll only give a few.

Tront- The Living Tree Pokemon (Grass type starter)
[This pokemon looks like a small tree, and as a result it gathers many bug type pokemon around it]{Evolves at level 16}
Ont- Living Tree Pokemon (Grass Type)
[Having grown to half the size of an oak tree, this pokemon goes around fooling prey into feeding on the leaves on top of its head]{Evolves at level 36}
Foront- Grove Pokemon (Grass Type)
[This pokemon has now grown to a incredable size, and uses smaller trees as its own legs. It remains docile and quiet most of the time]{Doesnt evolve}

Dropett- Water Current Pokemon (Water Type Starter)
[This pokemon, looking like a drop of water, floats around above pools and rivers feeding on only water and rocks]{Evolves at level 14}
Rivett- Water Current Pokemon (Water Type)
[Many Dropetts have come together to form this pokemon, which looks like a water snake. It can now travel on land and hunts down fish and small creatures]{Evolves at level 37}
Flodett- Ocean Current Pokemon (Water Type)
[With several Rivetts coming together, this pokemon now has to live in the sea due to its size. It has been known to crash its large, wave like body onto shores, sweeping people away]{Doesnt Evolve}

Fizard- Salamander Pokemon (Fire Type Starter)
[This pokemon likes to sleep in crags and other warm places to keep its body temperture high. It can breathe small flames]{Evolves at level 18}
Firmander- Salamander Pokemon (Fire Type)
[This pokemon has grown to a size where it can stand on its hind legs. The orange spot on its back caught flame and it uses that flame for it's needs]{Evolves at level 34}
Fition- Flaming Reptile Pokemon (Fire Type)
[Two Firmander have come together to evolve, resulting in a larger pokemon with a two heads, a tail thats splits in two, and a larger flame on its back.] {Doesnt evolve}

I will post the next set of my pokemon soon.

Fire/Dark

It's an desert thief cobra, where the dilated neck forms a hood.

Here is a rough design made in MS Paint of it:

iaza18812275645600.png

I decided put members on it because I like anthropomorphic pokémons.

Tajiri-san

You send him out and win by default. :D

/troll

Bug Slug -> Bug/Rock Snail

Surprised it hasn't been done already.

Second part to my made-up generation pokemon.

Spebble-Stone Bug Pokemon
[Spebble scuttles around to look for various minerals to eat. Looking like a rock however, it is sometimes eaten by Onix] {Evolves at Level 30}
Cragder-Stone Bug Pokemon
[Cradger often creates fissures and earthquakes when it can't find food. It catchs small pokemon this way also] {Doesnt Evolve}

Zarp- Stormcloud Pokemon
[Zarp like to float carelessly in the sky, but if many of them gather around, it will evolve] {Evolves at level 27}
Zunder-Stormcloud Pokemon
[Zunder roam in groups angerilly, and often attack unsuspecting victims]{Doesnt Evolve}

Bomor-Explosive Pokemon
[Being an artifical pokemon, it has a hard time binding to people, and is often used more as tool than as pokemon] {Evolves by trade(must hold Fuse)}
Klaymor-Explosive Pokemon
[Klaymor have a mind of their own, and lead little packs of Bomor around. If angered it will explode] {Doesnt Evolve}

Shreddnar- Razor-tooth Pokemon
[Shreddnar, like Munchlax, like to go around and eat anything in sight. But for fun it will destroy random objects] {Evolves with Friendship}
Devounar-Razor-tooth Pokemon
[Devounar, being closely related to Snorlax, can eat an entire warehouse full of grain and still be hungry] {Doesnt evolve}

Looch-Bloodsucker Pokemon
[Looch is often found in swampy areas of the region, preying on unsuspecting victims] {Doesn't evolve}

Roboog-Virus Pokemon
[Roboog is often find in city areas, eating electrical circuts and cutting off power] {Evolves at Level 33}
Deboog-Virus Pokemon
[Deboog can infest an entire power plant, draining it of its power with easy] {Doesn't evolve}

Primepup the WOLF puppy Pokemon.
Primepup are normal type Pokemon.
Primepup are rare yet highly shy and curious Pokemon, that tend to be very hard to train and are hardly ever seen away from their packs, let alone in the wild. Very few people have ever seen a Primepup.
Primepup have the ability Run Away.

Evolves with Friendship/Bonding.

Primewulf the WOLF Pokemon.
Primewulf are normal type Pokemon.
Primewulf are rare Pokemon that are almost never seen in the hands of a trainer and whose sightings are few and far in between,even in the wild. Primewulf tend to stay in packs in the wild and are very hard to train. However once bonded, Primewulf would put themselves in danger for their trainers sake. Most Primewulf hate being contained.
Primewulf have the ability Intimidate.
Primewulf look a little like:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/wolf+and+anime+girl+/Snowowolf/Anime/Wolf_Girl_Anime_WP.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to see a normal/ghost type
Like a poke doll with a black shadow that has eyes behind it "pulling strings"
Then evolve into a larger more defined shadow with eyes a mouth a lumpy body with the poke doll in it's chest like a heart

Some more-
Necliff- Rock- Lvl. 49 to
Crushloc- Rock/Dragon;
Bolflash Rock/Electric Lvl. 25 to
Gravolt Rock/Electric;
Metaform Normal/Bug, Craggy Stone to Normal/Rock, Icy Brick to Normal/Ice, Iron Tool to Normal/Steel;
Cragweed, Grass, Lvl. 27 to
Shrublash Grass/Dragon;
Flinchit, Fire Stone to
Kilstream, Water/Fire

I have one!
Marbolt, the Lightning Weasel Pokemon
Type: Electric
Appearance: A small yellow weasel with two jagged ears and a similarly-shaped tail that both look like lightning bolts. Females have slightly smaller ears.
Signature Move: Lightning Spear. Learned at level 49. Power: 80. Accuracy: 90. The user hurls a razor-sharp bolt of electricity at the foe. It may also paralyze the target.

A pokemon that looks like an allagator but with cannon hands and feet. It's be water/ground

A wolf pokemon. Would have a 3 line evolution, and be Ice/Dark.

scrangly.png
Scrangly- Evolves from Scrafty by leveling with king's rock

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom